Selection Table

jayceebee31

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why bother having a poll then....

So you see that he is coming to second to a guy who has not only never player forward for the Melbourne Football Club...he's never played senior football before!

You see he's beating a guy who many on here want delisted by one vote and another guy who has played 3 games and is clearly not yet ready by 2 and you think it would be beneficial for us to play him forward why?

Suggesting he should be made an emergency is redundant, but the key point you made was that "bringing in johnson might do this because of his height. he has been known to kick goals."

I simply don't believe this to be true, and think the poll pretty much proves that (not that I pay too much attention to polls on D'land).

Edited by 45HG16

So you see that he is coming to second to a guy who has not only never player forward for the Melbourne Football Club...he's never played senior football before!

You see he's beating a guy who many on here want delisted by one vote and another guy who has played 3 games and is clearly not yet ready by 2 and you think it would be beneficial for us to play him forward why?

Suggesting he should be made an emergency is redundant, but the key point you made was that "bringing in johnson might do this because of his height. he has been known to kick goals."

I simply don't believe this to be true, and think the poll pretty much proves that (not that I pay too much attention to polls on D'land).

it's good to have an opinion and an opinion poll...sometimes it's also good to listen to other people. if you always think your opinion is right then why do you bother posting on here?

If I didn't think my opinion is right it wouldn't really be my opinion then would it?

I'm always happy to hear counter-evidence and my opinions are often swayed by those who present good arguments - especially on here. I have stated why I don't think he is a viable forward and why I think the poll should be taken with a grain of salt, you have not countered it.

You're entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

Reminds me of what KS said today.

If you think doing that will take Lake out of the game you're dreaming. Lake will consistently leave Miller to assist the other defenders and create offense. That will lead to possessions for Brad but we know from expereince how likely he is to hurt them on the scoreboard. Highly unlikely.

A better option for Lake would be to have him track a smaller more agile forward that will take him up the ground and follow the ball. You want Lake where the kick starts, not where it ends. If he is where it ends he'll mark and spoil all night against our flea brigade.

I support this better to pick a pacey forward who will chase down the doggy defence as it runs out.

If I didn't think my opinion is right it wouldn't really be my opinion then would it?

I'm always happy to hear counter-evidence and my opinions are often swayed by those who present good arguments - especially on here. I have stated why I don't think he is a viable forward and why I think the poll should be taken with a grain of salt, you have not countered it.

by def you don't have to provide counter evidence for an opinion. it's just an opinion...

who do you think should replace pettard? i'm interested to know.

by def you don't have to provide counter evidence for an opinion. it's just an opinion...

who do you think should replace pettard? i'm interested to know.

It's a tough one, especially with our injuries.

I thought during the week that I'd like to see Hughes come in. From what I've seen he looks a likely type who has battled away on the rookie list for a number of years and could potentially be a dangerous forward.

I think he suits the way we play, adding to a mobile forwardline. Without Jurrah we lack a key marking focal point (arguably Sylvia can play this role) but I think having Bate, Green, Bennell and Sylvia roaming the forwardline with a mobile player like Hughes could be difficult to stop considering the fast pace we like to play with through the middle.

I worry that a tall such as Johnson or Newton or Miller would restrict our forwardline and allow the Doggies to springboard with lightening speed.

Give Hughes a few weeks to see what he has and by that stage Morton should be ready to come in and we will hopefully have another forward option.

It's a tough one, especially with our injuries.

I thought during the week that I'd like to see Hughes come in. From what I've seen he looks a likely type who has battled away on the rookie list for a number of years and could potentially be a dangerous forward.

I think he suits the way we play, adding to a mobile forwardline. Without Jurrah we lack a key marking focal point (arguably Sylvia can play this role) but I think having Bate, Green, Bennell and Sylvia roaming the forwardline with a mobile player like Hughes could be difficult to stop considering the fast pace we like to play with through the middle.

I worry that a tall such as Johnson or Newton or Miller would restrict our forwardline and allow the Doggies to springboard with lightening speed.

Give Hughes a few weeks to see what he has and by that stage Morton should be ready to come in and we will hopefully have another forward option.

imo...AFL football demands players to show something/a sign from the first game...at hughes age and having been around or a while...he should have an idea of what to expect if given the chance at AFL level...i'm always keen to give someone a chance who's earned it.

imo...AFL football demands players to show something/a sign from the first game...at hughes age and having been around or a while...he should have an idea of what to expect if given the chance at AFL level...i'm always keen to give someone a chance who's earned it.

This post confirms why Johnson should not be selected.

Sylvia's first 9 games of footy, statistically, make for interesting reading. I suggest you look them up in light of that post, probably Grimes' first game also.

I always find it fascinating when posters use the "are we not allowed to have different opinions" argument in response to another poster having a different opinion.

It's not as if the post was deleted.

(Not necessarily aimed at you jayceebee, I've been guilty of saying the same thing. Just a general observation.)

Why bring me into it,I do not do as you state..you maybe getting mixed up with your mates R.R or Enforcer(budding CEO)-- however I see Jack Grimes has been moved to a ruck rover role in the team list..and told today he will play there..I will not say I told you all that this should happen or.....

Edited by jayceebee31

Why bring me into it-- however I see Jack Grimes has been moved to a ruck rover role.I will not say I told you all that this should happen or.....

???

You told us he should be dropped. How does him getting moved into a more important role support your argument?

The forgotten man.

Yeah, I'd like to see him get a crack at it soon.

Sorry, I'd like to see him earn a crack a it soon.

I would also like to see him get a game in the seniors too- I think he could make a great wingman.

Edited by jayceebee31

???

You told us he should be dropped. How does him getting moved into a more important role support your argument?

To be fair, amongst his arguments somewhere he did say he should also be moved upfield.

If you can be bothered sifting through you might find it (wouldn't blame you for giving it a pass).

Edited by Keyser Söze

Moving Grimes to the midfield is hardly groundbreaking and you'd do well to find people vehemently arguing against it. The main response that this thread has generated is laughter at the thought of dropping him.

is he fit enough?

Yes he his-however he got a hit 2 weeks ago and knocked the stuffing right out of him..He will now have to regroup and play well for a recall.I would also expect Bail to reume at Casey as he would have lost a great deal of fitnss by now.The club also needs to work out what they want to do with Martin.Is he to develop as a backman, forward or ruckman. I think he did better in a tall back position but whom would he now squeeze out.Possibly Garland may be moved to a wing or forward roll.Interesting times ahead.

Yes he his-however he got a hit 2 weeks ago and knocked the stuffing right out of him..He will now have to regroup and play well for a recall.I would also expect Bail to reume at Casey as he would have lost a great deal of fitnss by now.The club also needs to work out what they want to do with Martin.Is he to develop as a backman, forward or ruckman. I think he did better in a tall back position but whom would he now squeeze out.Possibly Garland may be moved to a wing or forward roll.Interesting times ahead.

I thought it was clear the club wants to persevere with him as a 2nd ruckman who spends time in the forward line, when form allows.