Bailey as Development Coach?

burn in hell

To what end though? Get him in to have a lazy chat with a few kids?

There's also a certain Melbourne man who is our Number One ticket holder at present. Think he played in a final or two.

I think we, as supporters, forget that these players know each other and a lot of the "majesty" goes away when you're inside the industry (like with the whol Chris Judd story).

i can't see any problem with a 4 time Premiership player having a chat to young recruits about Football, who is not long out of the modern game.

Our past champions are Fantastic & its great they are around-but the game has changed so much since their heyday-it's just another perspective.

I would love to sit down with a couple of beers and Talk footy with Martin Pike, i would learn heaps & as i said originally his career is unique in a lot of ways as he went from the very bottom to the Top 4 times.

When i hear Martin Pike on Radio i always listen with interest, was just putting up an idea.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No I understand it. I dont see the point of getting a dubious character who had moderate talent and got KOTD with 4 flags talking to a group of young players who are possibly three years away from playing finals.

His habitual off field matters are a reflection of the sort of person he is. Its very relevant to the guidance of young players. Surely, there are better options to use for that role. I am not sure you are a sound judge of who would actually "knows" what's what.

So i take it RR if you hear Martin Pike on radio talking Football you turn it off and disregard it because of his off field problems?

That's a little narrow minded i would have thought, but then as you and i may disagree on this, you once again make out that i am wrong (and that i leave myself wide open!!)

FWIW Pikey's last indiscretion after the 2004 Gf loss could have many reasons that we don't know

He was retiring and the official may have said any number of things to him-who knows, he may have absolutely deserved what he got. No Footballer is an angel, not even players at the MFC

I think Martin Pike had far more than just "Moderate Talent" on a football ground but you are entitled to your views my friend.

I might send the club an email with my suggestion and then they can make the call.

So i take it RR if you hear Martin Pike on radio talking Football you turn it off and disregard it because of his off field problems?

That's a little narrow minded i would have thought, but then as you and i may disagree on this, you once again make out that i am wrong (and that i leave myself wide open!!)

FWIW Pikey's last indiscretion after the 2004 Gf loss could have many reasons that we don't know

He was retiring and the official may have said any number of things to him-who knows, he may have absolutely deserved what he got. No Footballer is an angel, not even players at the MFC

I think Martin Pike had far more than just "Moderate Talent" on a football ground but you are entitled to your views my friend.

I might send the club an email with my suggestion and then they can make the call.

He has had a few since then, the man cannot handle the drink!!

As for most of these posts, waste of reading time I think some of you have watched the Castle to many times.

Edited by demon3165

I didn't say that. I said that I think there are more appropriate people to speak at the Club.

you once again make out that i am wrong (and that i leave myself wide open!!)

You normally prove that on your own ad nauseam....

FWIW Pikey's last indiscretion after the 2004 Gf loss could have many reasons that we don't know.

The last of many as an AFL player. Well thats make 4 clubs he has left on bad or questionable terms. There were also behavioural questions over him at Port Adelaide in the SANFL pre AFL....but lets just say that involved an official that asked for it. :unsure:

He was retiring and the official may have said any number of things to him-who knows, he may have absolutely deserved what he got.

Ok then assaulting someone when you are drunk is justified under those conditions. :wacko:

Tell them to make it a dry event. You know there could be an official there that might deserve what he will get.

Tell them to make it a dry event. You know there could be an official there that might deserve what he will get.

You were the one who mentioned alcohol in that context RR i was only talking about his 4 premiership experiences

but lets not ruin a good debate now!!!

You were the one who mentioned alcohol in that context RR i was only talking about his 4 premiership experiences

but lets not ruin a good debate now!!!

Its all part of the package of the person that you revere and justify his perennial anti social behaviour.

You need to look beyond the medallions.

Ben Cousins has a flag, a brownlow, 6 All Australian selections. He is also a definite no go zone...why do you think that??? Hmmmm

Its all part of the package of the person that you revere and justify his perennial anti social behaviour.

You need to look beyond the medallions.

Ben Cousins has a flag, a brownlow, 6 All Australian selections. He is also a definite no go zone...why do you think that??? Hmmmm

I would love to sit down & talk to Ben Cousins RR, for all his Flaws he has got a lot of guts to come back to the top level.

Life is a balance Good & Bad. Are all people who make bad decisions in life a "no go zone"? If you say yes you end fairly lonely Mate

sometimes those who have trodden the dark road, can also be an inspiration.

I would love to sit down & talk to Ben Cousins RR, for all his Flaws he has got a lot of guts to come back to the top level.

Life is a balance Good & Bad. Are all people who make bad decisions in life a "no go zone"? If you say yes you end fairly lonely Mate

sometimes those who have trodden the dark road, can also be an inspiration.

Cousins efforts to redeem himself have been laced with cynicism, opportunism and apparent failure. Neither Cousins or Pike have demonstrated any real contrition or redemption of their behaviours.

When it comes to setting examples at a Club, Cousins and Pike are not two players I would want to rely on for guidance.

Like I said there are better examples of footballers who have been successful without being social delinquents. Surely they provide as good if not better lessons for young players.

There is alot of talk about Bailey's performance as senior coach, however, we may agree that he is a good development coach. MAKE HIM DEVELOPMENT COACH and let him work with the young players that he has already invested 2 years of time. By having him as development coach, we can kinda honor his 2 year contract, and our money does not entirely go to waste.

VINEY FOR COACH

Fooball Manager: Connolly

Assitants; Lovell, Yates, Lyon, West

Development Coach; Bailey

Fitness; Tingay

Lets have as many MFC boys creating the future spirit of the playing group.

Rock'n'Roll, DEMONTIME!!!!

What a ridiculous post, Take a big deep breath and relax mate. Dean Bailey inherited and SH*TE aging list, Then sacrificed his reputation/job too secure the talent we have today. FFS let the man develop the list & play/mature the list he wants before we get all Richmond like and eat our own, And be the laughing stock of the AFL. What I am trying to say is the guy has done the hard yards, probably against every fibre of his being to achieve long term success. SO RELAX AND BE PATIENT FFS !!