Dee's unveil draftees

olgreydingo

Excuse me, you think that was bad.

There were a number of posters spending all their time on here gloating about 'how they got Pick 11 right because BP went for best available over a mediocre tall.' Narcissistic losers...

Oh, wait a sec...

Nevermind.

Narcissistic losers..?

I'll have you know I'm a mild sociopath, thankyou very much.

Now, Now, Now...let's get back to celebrating people. Here is a link to a fine article The Age has published...unlike the H-Sun who show boat Carlton's recruits and fail to mention the Mighty Demons..

FRESH DEMONS TOUCH DOWN FOR PRE-SEASON & SPONSORS PREVIEW

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsart...37/default.aspx

demonrecruits2009.jpg

Edited by High Tower

Great to see Volvo upgrade the sponsorship. Has anyone got any idea what's happening next week? Ive heard a big announcement will be made from the Dees? I also head Greg Dehnam on sen saying there's news coming out of the demons next week??

I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago stating that there was a big announcement pending, but didn't know any more than that (and people tore me a new ass because I couldn't give them anymore!). Since then, we have announced the China match against the Lions, as well as the Volvo sponsorship. Thought my mail might have been one of those 2 things (as I think they are both great news for the Club), so if it's bigger than that, it'll be interesting to see what it is.

I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago stating that there was a big announcement pending, but didn't know any more than that (and people tore me a new ass because I couldn't give them anymore!). Since then, we have announced the China match against the Lions, as well as the Volvo sponsorship. Thought my mail might have been one of those 2 things (as I think they are both great news for the Club), so if it's bigger than that, it'll be interesting to see what it is.

I thought what you posted might have been the trip by Jim & Liam to Yuendumu.

I thought what you posted might have been the trip by Jim & Liam to Yuendumu.

Nah HT, was going to be a lot bigger announcement than that, maybe next week will give us more of an idea. Shame I can't come out and say "I told you so!!", but like the post J-Riv posted, just giving everyone the heads up that stuff if happening.

I can't remember the last time the MFC has been in the press as much as this in the past couple of months. Obviously the draft had a big part in that, but new sponsorship deals, exhibition matches o/s, and potentially something next week too. We have won the past 2 spoons right??!! What will it be like when we start winning games and then the flag? Other clubs will hate us over the next 3 years!

Great to see Volvo upgrade the sponsorship. Has anyone got any idea what's happening next week? Ive heard a big announcement will be made from the Dees? I also head Greg Dehnam on sen saying there's news coming out of the demons next week??
Bailey contract extension would be my guess, but I would do that on the eve of next season or during it not now.

What else could clarify big? I didn't want to speculate but I couldn't help myself.

Maybe Jim handing over the presidency - not saying he should or he needs to but he might want to.

Football department staff seem in order.

Playing list seems settled. Macdonald, Meesen, Newton look set to be the final 3 on our lists. No doubt we will attempt to create a good deal of interest in revealing the numbers to our new players - but I don't think that will make much of a headline.

Training venue - Casey deal looks good and can't see much changing their, maybe something to do with the rectangular stadium and everything to do with that, or even some other venue.

Leadership - McDonald has been conformed as 2010 captain has he not? The rest of the leadership group would make a story but nothing amazing.

Finances - AFL and MCC deals seem to be appropriate. I'd love to sign another big/good sponsor.

I'd put my money on Bailey getting an extension and the release of the 2009 Demons Xmas Video - that'd be HUGE!

I'm not sure what position the club's finances are in either, but it could be some announcement that the club is finally back in the black...

Baileys extension Is hardly BIG news. I'm going to take a stab In the dark and say an elite training facility within the mcg when the southern stand gets done.

Or maybe a new president but lets hope that isnt the case. Or maybe Its Diamond Joe wants to give us a shitload of cash lol :)

Baileys extension Is hardly BIG news. I'm going to take a stab In the dark and say an elite training facility within the mcg when the southern stand gets done.
There has already been talk of this before. However, no official announcement. Although it's not a bad stab.