• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Brad Miller 'a required player'

Rogue

miller to train watts? WTF??

those who can't play should teach?! whats the training staff for? should have kept simon godgrey on the list just because of his running skills.

delist him now he would be better as assistant coach then instead of list clogging

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newton cannot.

It's leadership by example. Bate isn't a leader of men. Miller is (when his confidence is up).

I'm talking forward tall prospects here, they require a different body shape a large upper body, a strong core, and enormous amount of run in the legs.

They need to do more gym work than the mids (except Beamer) and have about the same running capacity.

Riewoldt gut runs as well as Cousins in his prime.

I want Watts to train as hard as Miller does, and do as much work in the gym as him. His influence can only be a positive in that regard.

Leadership is important, in the summer even moreso. I still remember having a few chats with the those at the club and they said the midfielders that worked with Woewodin would put in more effort because they saw the work that Shane did in the gym and on the track.

Watts had his own weights program put in place by the club and will continue to do so one would imagine. do people think Watts is going to rely on his talent ala Lord Travis. Watts is a smart kid and would know himself after his three games last year how much work he has to do. Brad Green is a leader in my eyes and should line up at ff next year., while pick 11(hopefully a key forward) may need time like Watts, My forward line next year would be Aussie Green Jurrah, HF Sylvia Bate Watts, when Watts need a rest sub him with pick 11, the year after pick 11 replaces Green and problem solved. Miller if not traded stays in the two`s as a back up

Watts had his own weights program put in place by the club and will continue to do so one would imagine. do people think Watts is going to rely on his talent ala Lord Travis. Watts is a smart kid and would know himself after his three games last year how much work he has to do. Brad Green is a leader in my eyes and should line up at ff next year., while pick 11(hopefully a key forward) may need time like Watts, My forward line next year would be Aussie Green Jurrah, HF Sylvia Bate Watts, when Watts need a rest sub him with pick 11, the year after pick 11 replaces Green and problem solved. Miller if not traded stays in the two`s as a back up

Yeah, IMO this is spot on.

I would want to keep all three of those players, Miller is need to teach little Watts how to go for the ball maybe not kick but to mark at least and Buckley has showed promise is definitely going to be good with a pre season uninjured and bell well i have a soft spot for bell but he has shown more promise than some other players on our list and they deserve to be dropped more than Bell does *cough bartram newton cough cough*

PEACE OUT

Miller has frustrated me many times in the past to say the least...... but in 2008 his kicking accuracy was being praised.

He kicked something like 26 goals - 8 behinds and won the goalkicking with the worst delivery into the forward line in the league.

Maybe he was helping with the list management strategy this year..... ;)

With approx. 40 shots on goal this year, imagine what he could produce with better delivery into the forward line.

I'm going to put my neck out and predict Miller (barring injury) will kick 35+ goals next year and play a pivotal role in goal assists.

I also think at 194cm and 95kg, he should be played at F/F. He kicks most of his goals when played deep.

Miller has frustrated me many times in the past to say the least...... but in 2008 his kicking accuracy was being praised.

He kicked something like 26 goals - 8 behinds and won the goalkicking with the worst delivery into the forward line in the league.

Maybe he was helping with the list management strategy this year..... ;)

With approx. 40 shots on goal this year, imagine what he could produce with better delivery into the forward line.

I'm going to put my neck out and predict Miller (barring injury) will kick 35+ goals next year and play a pivotal role in goal assists.

I also think at 194cm and 95kg, he should be played at F/F. He kicks most of his goals when played deep.

Green is a better option at FF, hard match up, can mark , CAN KICK, plenty of courage, leads by example, class act, refer to my previous post

Green is a better option at FF, hard match up, can mark , CAN KICK, plenty of courage, leads by example, class act, refer to my previous post

Agreed, Green would be great at FF but he is too valuable around the ground to leave at FF.

I did read your previous post. Did you read mine properly ?

Millers kicking is fine, in 2008 Miller and Wona were the most accurate.

REPEAT - Miller was playing to team strategy this year.

Edited by DeeMfc

Miller, I would love to see him go, preferably this year but at worst next year.

There is just not room in our forward line for him.

Bate is a penetrating kick Miller is not, he presents pretty well across half forward as well.

Sylvia is just as imposing from a hardness perspective as Miller and a thumping kick.

We obviously want to develop the talents of Watts and Jurrah.

Stef Martin or Mark Jamar will rest down forward so there is the risk we could become top heavy.

His Kicking will never come good. Once you get to about 15 years of age your kicking action is pretty set.

He is not a good decision maker as a result of his kicking problems and this leads to him being indecisive.

He has games where he does very little.

Essentially he is an athlete playing football with a big endurance tank and a pretty good attitude but we are kidding ourselves if he is worth having around still.

Buckley I think is worth another year (quick and a long kick) to see if he can get his body right but he is pretty expendable too.

Agreed, Green would be great at FF but he is too valuable around the ground to leave at FF.

I did read your previous post. Did you read mine properly ?

Millers kicking is fine, in 2008 Miller and Wona were the most accurate.

REPEAT - Miller was playing to team strategy this year.

if Miller missing easy shots on goal in games we were never going to win is playing to team strategy, well...

where would you have Green around the ground? ideally we would love two of him, i think our backline took a huge step this year and needs to grow without him

Edited by Al`s DEMONS

That's a real stupid reply, that kind of post is just a waste of time, grow up a bit add something useful,why is he [censored], would you say it to his face, I think not, just because you are a name less figure behind your computer mask, does not mean you forget your manners, little boy

Or you could just talk to me. I find it almost laughable that we lose a future captain for a pick 11(historically a bad pick) in a poor draft yet we are talking about how important it is to keep brad Miller.

This Mclean thing will bite us in the bum more than Scott Thompson.

Freak, I still do not think the Scott Thompson move has killed us, and I do not agree the brock move will bit us in the bum. Brock is a gun, but he is one more injury away from the glue factory. He was a step behind the pace this year, one more injury and he would be walking out there.

Brock has more value than Miller, but the key difference between the two is one wants to stay, and the other doesn't. Would rather a guy who wants to play for the jumper than an a more talented (injury prone) guy that doesn't.

I find it almost laughable that we lose a future captain for a pick 11(historically a bad pick) in a poor draft

I'm wondering if a poster has ever had worse luck than you. Everything you predict becomes the opposite. Most recently, we were never going to have picks 1 and 2.

We have access to every player in the draft from pick 10 onwards. Isolating a static pick proves little. Why is pick 11 suspect just because another club may have stuffed up the same pick years ago ?

The better way to look at it is to pool the likely players to be considered at such a pick, i.e players taken between picks 10 and 20 in any given draft.

Follow ?

Didn't think so.

if melbourne need to kick a goal to win a grand final...the only person i would want to be kicking it...would be green...he's a fantastic kick...up there in the leagues best for goal.

delist him now he would be better as assistant coach then instead of list clogging

You're missing the point. A forward coach can teach skills and impart strategies, but it's not the same as having an experienced forward actually out there on the field directing traffic and leading by example (as well as lending some strength to a physically underdeveloped forwardline and taking some of the heat off of Watts, Bate and Jurrah, as others have already pointed out).

I agree with TU; clearly we've decided that if we're not going to get anything for him, then we might as well keep him around to aid in the development of our young forwardline. I'm happy to have him on the list for another year or two, considering what we could have gotten for him in a trade (i.e. not much) and who we'll have to delist instead of him (i.e. no one special).

Edited by two sheds jackson

8,000 of fence sitting posts there RR

Lame effort even for you Freak especially given your 1440 posts of woeful stupidity.

Keep the hilarity rolling big hitter! :lol:

EDIT: I suspect that someone has edited rpfc's post and spliced it in with mine. Credit where credit is due. And his comments are spot on

I think some of you toddlers underestimate the value of a leader on the training track.

It's where Riewoldt gets his motor. And its his motor that makes him elite.

Miller has his limitations, but he has got to where he is because of dedication off the field, if Watts needs any inspiration in this area - Miller can give it.

Fence sitting?

I know one poster who is constantly falling off the fence into the neighbours yard...

I wouldnt trade bucks for any pic above 30, especially in this draft. and would hesitate for anything above pic22ish.

If carlton show interest in bell well then we should push to move him on for anything really, we need to find extra spots on our list.

agree with all of this, I think miller deserves another year but he's running out of time.

His big body is required in the forward line and his leadership amongst a young group is valued.

I haven't been here in a while, but amen H, well said :) !!!

• 3 weeks later...