Liam Jurrah - Youtube

Dappa Dan

Great work Deestroy, Geez that's exciting.

A few things i noticed from the videos; Jurrah looked like he was absolutley stuffed in some of those videos (WC game), which I take to mean that he will benefit greatly from a preseason and some extra fitness and strength.

He has the softest hands in the AFL, and his field kicking and decision making kicking into the 50 are just as good if not better than his marking and kicking for goal.

Also Bate looked impressive in a couple of instances, he is just getting to that size that he can break tackles and use his body.

A bit of luck with some injuries and we have 10-12 years of this kind of exciting football to come.

Yeah that passage where Bater broke 2 tackles through the corridor and handed it off was excellent. The way footy should be played, the way we rarely play because no one breaks the lines.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Champion Deestroy...

And for goodness sakes, don't be shy about having nother crack at it over the coming seasons! "land should contribute 5 bucks each to buy you a brand new computer...

Haha, don't be silly...

10 bucks each, at least :D

It'll be a regular thing, it's very easy to do, I just attempted it at a week when my computer stuffed up and I had no blank DVDs (I went and bought 10 that are for some reason incompatible!) that weren't scratched.

It's funny, watching that video gave me all the jumpiness and excitement I get when the team is up and flying, but when I watched the game at the time I felt sick the whole time. Thanks for the reminder about how footy should make me feel.

And Jurrah. :wub:

Great video DA.

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from his other attributes, he has a real football brain. In the last qtr (I think) Bater was running in towards goal from the angle. I think he was considering handing it off to Liam, but Liam pointed towards goal to tell him to keep going.

The over the head goal while sitting of the ground was Jakovich like.

Apart from his other attributes, he has a real football brain. In the last qtr (I think) Bater was running in towards goal from the angle. I think he was considering handing it off to Liam, but Liam pointed towards goal to tell him to keep going.

The over the head goal while sitting of the ground was Jakovich like.

any vison of this ? apart form 2nd half highlights.. amazed its not up for goal of the week.. was mercurial.

Yes Liam understands footy very well.;) If only all our players did :rolleyes:

Don't know how many of you have watched/listen to Bails' full press conference after yesterday's game, but he alluded to having only "scratched the surface" with Liam Jurrah. He mentioned some of the amazing things he has done at training have never been seen by the football public.

Exciting times ahead.

any vison of this ? apart form 2nd half highlights.. amazed its not up for goal of the week.. was mercurial.

Yes Liam understands footy very well.;) If only all our players did :rolleyes:

How can Matthew Lloyds stupid little back heel win goal of the year and this doesnt even get a goal of the week nomination???

My favorite Jurrah moment from yesterday when he started giving his opponent advice about taking hold of the ball rather than punching, it was very funny.

How can Matthew Lloyds stupid little back heel win goal of the year and this doesnt even get a goal of the week nomination???

My favorite Jurrah moment from yesterday when he started giving his opponent advice about taking hold of the ball rather than punching, it was very funny.

Round 20 nominations have not been listed as yet - only rounds 1 -19 have been done.

Be patient people.

Yeah that passage where Bater broke 2 tackles through the corridor and handed it off was excellent. The way footy should be played, the way we rarely play because no one breaks the lines.

Thats exactly the style I imagined for, & hoped for, from him. He's not what I call quick, but is strong through the torso, so I imagined a couple of years back that ideally that should be his method, breaking tackles to break the lines or kicking goals.

Earlier I was critical of his hard hands & while I believe he doesn't possess the best hands, he's touch has improved with growing confidance & self belief.

I'm rapt with Baters progress over the last 2 months or so, finally stepping up.

Go Bater...

Thats exactly the style I imagined for, & hoped for, from him. He's not what I call quick, but is strong through the torso, so I imagined a couple of years back that ideally that should be his method, breaking tackles to break the lines or kicking goals.

Earlier I was critical of his hard hands & while I believe he doesn't possess the best hands, he's touch has improved with growing confidance & self belief.

I'm rapt with Baters progress over the last 2 months or so, finally stepping up.

Go Bater...

I think he is quick, I remember when he started at Sandy he showed really impressive bursts of speed and I was excited... but somewhere along the line that suddenly stopped and people started lamenting how slow he is. I put it down to either injury (scared to push himself) or laziness.

The last couple of months he's turned on the afterburners in quite a few games and put 5 metres on his opponents easily.

I hope to see more of it.

Go Bater indeed.

I think he is quick, I remember when he started at Sandy he showed really impressive bursts of speed and I was excited... but somewhere along the line that suddenly stopped and people started lamenting how slow he is. I put it down to either injury (scared to push himself) or laziness.

The last couple of months he's turned on the afterburners in quite a few games and put 5 metres on his opponents easily.

Go Bater indeed.

I don't recall that but it's possible. When Aaron started bulking up a couple of seasons back, he lost some zip but has since found that speed again.

I don't know that Baters quicker or not but he's attacking the contest a lot harder.

Go Bater indeed.

Agree. Even from the start of this season he's grown a leg. The first few rounds he looked really slow. I'm not exactly sure if he had a full pre-season or was a late starter. He appeared short of a run or top heavy and unfit.

I'm not entirely sure, and I'm just guessing but I think he's thinned down as the season has progressed and just gotten fitter and fitter. He's bursts or 'afterburners' around half-forward have really impressed me. Good on him. I'm rapt.