the umpires?

Yencks

Were they really really bad or is that just me?

Umpire 15 was disgusting yesterday.

A West Coast player was absolutely beating up on Ricky Petterd in the first quarter, Had him on the Ground, and was ramming his head into the turf repeatedly, and wouldn't allow Ricky to get up to move towards the contest.

Should have ben a free kick for a) sheperding, B) high Contact, c) reported for wrestling / unduly rough conduct

Umpire 15 ran in from 20 meters away until he was 1m away and just watched. No free kick, didn't even look like putting his whistle in his mouth, I was absolutely dumbfounded. I would suggest this is the umpire who has reported Ricky for telling him a whole host of home truths. I would love to see footage of it, with the umpire in screen and have Gieshen justify it. It was the worst advertisement possible for our game, considering you can bearly touch your oponent in a contest these days without risking driving mothers away from the sport.

I watched 15 for the rest of the day and he didn't even look like paying a free kick our way

Umpire 15 was disgusting yesterday.

A West Coast player was absolutely beating up on Ricky Petterd in the first quarter, Had him on the Ground, and was ramming his head into the turf repeatedly, and wouldn't allow Ricky to get up to move towards the contest.

Should have ben a free kick for a) sheperding, B) high Contact, c) reported for wrestling / unduly rough conduct

Umpire 15 ran in from 20 meters away until he was 1m away and just watched. No free kick, didn't even look like putting his whistle in his mouth, I was absolutely dumbfounded. I would suggest this is the umpire who has reported Ricky for telling him a whole host of home truths. I would love to see footage of it, with the umpire in screen and have Gieshen justify it. It was the worst advertisement possible for our game, considering you can bearly touch your oponent in a contest these days without risking driving mothers away from the sport.

I watched 15 for the rest of the day and he didn't even look like paying a free kick our way

That was when Petterd was reported for swearing at the umpire. Glass should have been reported for his conduct, it was appalling. It should have been a free for holding the man, shepparding, whatever, Glass was way out of line.

If I was Petterd I'd be swearing too!

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Yep the Pettard one was a shocker, and the free kick that followed enen worse. Out of interest what was Davey booked for? Looking at an opp player?

Apparently for striking, i wasn't aware of that report till I heard it on the radio in the car going home.

I just couldn't believe how blatant the Petterd one was, at one stage, when he was on the ground, Glass picked him up by the shoulders and repeatedly slammed his head into the ground. And the ump wondered why he swore!

I thought they were consistent. Both teams got some horrendous calls against them. There have been worse games from the umps, but yesterday wasn't good.

I'd agree, the free kick count is actually pretty evenly matched, although in quite low numbers. There were some damn good tackles yesterday that were just not rewarded.

Apparently for striking, i wasn't aware of that report till I heard it on the radio in the car going home.

I just couldn't believe how blatant the Petterd one was, at one stage, when he was on the ground, Glass picked him up by the shoulders and repeatedly slammed his head into the ground. And the ump wondered why he swore!

I would be surprised if Davey and Syvia were playing next week. Davey might escape with a rep but he smacked him in the jaw. I saw the very end of Sylvia cleaning up whoever he hit, and as good as his last 6 weeks have been, I was absolutely wrapped that he was flying the flag. I know it's a fine line and he'll probably get suspended, but the game really required someone to put their hand up and say 'we're not going to be intimidated' and I thought sylvia was the one

Number 15 is a McLaren wanna be. Disgusting!

That was Nichols I think. He had a 'mare'. Worst call was the report and free against Petterd after he failed to see Petterds opponent jumping on him while he was of the ground, the ball was a mile away. His holding the ball and in the back interpretations are RS. Incidental contact or holding a tackle while an opponent throws themselves forward IS NOT a push in the back.

it started before then, actually, as the ball was come down to that pocket, Glass was all over Petterd and was clearly holding him, preventing him from getting to the ball. That should have been a free then and there. And then after the ball went back to the centre, Glass was still on Petterd, pushing him to the ground, then, as the umpire was running towards them, Glass picked Petterd up by the shoulder and slammed his head into the ground about 3 times, treading on him as he was going. The umpire should have given Petterd the free and reported Glass, but did neither. Absolutely appalling.

It wasn't Kennedy... he baracks for Essendon. Umpire 15 was atrocious... the best evidence that umpires bet on games or are bribed that I can offer this week. His lack of common nouse was astounding. He reported Davey after several WC players got stuck into him as he was trying to get back to the centre after we caughed up a goal to his direct opponent. The message thay were trying to send (on Worsfold's orders) was "how do you like that weasal, your opponent just kicked one" etc. etc. However, umpire 15's understanding of the game caused him to deduce that Davey was trying to take someone out because he is a sniper who looks for trouble at every opportunity. For ***** sake!!!! YOU HAVE A PROFESSION AS AN ADJUDICATOR!!!! Try a little harder to read the situation and you might find that supporters actually respect you.

It wasn't Kennedy... he baracks for Essendon. Umpire 15 was atrocious... the best evidence that umpires bet on games or are bribed that I can offer this week. His lack of common nouse was astounding. He reported Davey after several WC players got stuck into him as he was trying to get back to the centre after we caughed up a goal to his direct opponent. The message thay were trying to send (on Worsfold's orders) was "how do you like that weasal, your opponent just kicked one" etc. etc. However, umpire 15's understanding of the game caused him to deduce that Davey was trying to take someone out because he is a sniper who looks for trouble at every opportunity. For ***** sake!!!! YOU HAVE A PROFESSION AS AN ADJUDICATOR!!!! Try a little harder to read the situation and you might find that supporters actually respect you.

my appologies, it was Matthew Nicholls, not Hayden Kennedy

Did anyone else notice how poor the umpires were in the StK/Geel game today?

Usually I'm so one-eyed and passionate(in Demons games), that my opinion on their performance(normally critical) is irrelevant.

But today!!! Here were 44 of the best footballers going flat out. They deserved top-class officialdom.

The Umps?? Continually picking the soft option, or,paradoxically, going for the extroverted, super-technical. Over and over again,my initial impression of poor judgment by the umpires was proven correct by TV replays.

A great game , despite second class umpiring by overpaid ,talentless, unfit ,clowns.

Usually I'm so one-eyed and passionate(in Demons games), that my opinion on their performance(normally critical) is irrelevant.

But today!!! Here were 44 of the best footballers going flat out. They deserved top-class offialdom.

The Umps?? Continually picking the soft option, or,paradoxically, going for the extroverted, super-technical. Over and over again,my initial impression of poor judgment by the umpires was proven correct by TV replays.

A great game , despite second class umpiring by overpaid ,talentless, unfit ,clowns.

Frees were something like 24 to 15 in Geelong's favour. They can't use any of the usual excuses like the side with more frees was first to the ball all day or the side with less frees were undisciplined or unskilled. Much as I like the Cats, the umps were responsible for bringing them back into the game at the end of the first quarter.

Years ago I remember Jeff Crouch saying that the way you can judge a good umpiring performance is that you don't realise that the ump is there. These days the umps seem to want to have an influence on the match. I don't know why anyone would want to do it tho

But today!!! Here were 44 of the best footballers going flat out. They deserved top-class offialdom.

The free paid against Mooney with 20 sec to go ruined the whole game. The rules are killing the game. Sooner KB gets off the rules commitee the better.

it was also stevie wonder's & the guy off dancing with the stars first game too

Watched under sufferance but that blind guy was amazing and his perception skills far exceeded that of Umpire # 15...who should be more then thankful for Australia's recent gun control reforms!

But today!!! Here were 44 of the best footballers going flat out. They deserved top-class officialdom.

Vozzo is a retard! My favorite part of yesterday's game was when he twice blew time on so he could stop and talk to the Geelong player who doing nothing that infringed upon the laws of the game to tell him to settle down. If a player told an umpire how to do thier job, he'd get reported (ref Ricky Pettard)! Also loved the bit where they were telling Gary Ablett to get out of the 5mtr area when his teammate had the ball and Ablett was running through after the handball receive. It's a disgrace that these guys think they can tell the players how to go about the game. Do me and the rest of the football going public a favour and shut the f**k up and just adjudicate! Your opinions are not requested nor required, just umpire the game retards!

End rant