THE LIST

H_T

You are probably right.

However if Valenti is not selected in the next 11 games or if he is selected and does not fire at AFL then he is gone.

Given we have got Martin and Jurrah with PSD #1 then Valenti would not be a successful use of that token. I was hoping if we had PSD #1 we might have pick up a bargain somehow through Prendergast's wisdom or a quality fallout from another Club.

By all means have a look, but Martin and Jurrah weren't rejects, but projects, so I don't know what will happen at the end of the year.

We aren't that attractive to players at the moment but if a young promising player goes into the draft things will get interesting.

By all means have a look, but Martin and Jurrah weren't rejects, but projects, so I don't know what will happen at the end of the year.

We aren't that attractive to players at the moment but if a young promising player goes into the draft things will get interesting.

I did say either a Martin type [b]or a fallout from another Club.

I would think that a good youngish player would realise what the opportunity is at MFC going forward with its list. We would certainly be a better bet than Richmond, North Melbourne,Port Adel Freo or WCE.

WHY are people saying trade PJ??? It is the most ridiculous thought expressed on this forum this year

Unbelievable isn't it.

This is one of the best examples of keyboard heroes knowing NOTHING about MFC, list management, or even simple things like how good an individual player is...

Soon players within the AFL will realise that the Melbournefc will be going places: -

WANTED

Prospective players willing to be a part of a potential dynasty at the oldest club in the AFL - the Melbournefc.

Join the likes of our exciting young brigade on the Melbourne 'List': -

Jack Watts

Sam Blease

James Strauss

Liam Jurrah

Cale Morton

Jack Grimes

James Frawley

Colin Garland

Addam Maric

Neville Jetta

Jamie Bennell

Led by some experience in Colin Sylvia, Brock McLean, Brad Miller, Aaron Davey, Brent Moloney.

Pre-requisites: - No forklift licence required. :o But we require rucking duties, we require hard nuts with nous and poise.

Note: Key posts are up for grabs! Enquire now!

Please contact Barry Prendergast / Dean Bailey.

Join Now. Be part of the DEMONS. The sleeping giant is awakening from it's slumber and success is around the corner. :)

With the Gold Coast coming AFL clubs are going to over value draft picks in the 2009 National Draft. As such, we should strongly consider trading picks 18 and 34 for young players at other clubs (rather than chancing a shallow draft). It is highly likely that good young players at top clubs like Geelong or St Kilda will be squeezed out due to the salary cap.

The list of names I think we should target at includes:

Travis Varcoe

Ryan Gamble

Daniel Wells

Patrick Veszpremi

Andrew Walker

Brett Deledio

Trent Cotchin

Patrick Dangerfield

Ben McEvoy

David Armitage

Moreover, if we finish the season in last place the club has a good chance to get a high quality player in the Pre-Season Draft. This opportunity was somewhat wasted last year (although Liam Jurrah looks exciting) and I doubt we will have the same opportunity again in 2010. To do this we need money, however, and I think we would have to pay close to 100% of the salary cap to land a big fish. The question is therefore: how do we get around the AFL’s demands that we pay only 92.5% of the salary cap and still get them to support us?

A solution may be for us to attract another sponsor and call it something like the ‘Level Playing Field’ sponsor. They would only agree to back Melbourne if the sponsorship money is used to fill the salary cap breach (around $700,000). The sponsorship would suit a company that looks to offer its customers a ‘fair go’ (such as Costco).

Imagine how much better we would look going into 2010 with picks 1 and 2 and Brett Deledio in the Pre-Season Draft.

Join Now. Be part of the DEMONS. The sleeping giant is awakening from it's slumber and success is around the corner. :)

Sleeping? We have been comatose since 2007.

We are the worst club in the league and not many out there think we are an atractive option.

I'm much more enthused about the players we have got than any reject we may get at an inflated price in the PSD.

Travis Varcoe

Ryan Gamble

Daniel Wells

Patrick Veszpremi

Andrew Walker

Brett Deledio

Trent Cotchin

Patrick Dangerfield

Ben McEvoy

David Armitage

Completely unrealistic. Delideo and Cotchin are future superstars and would require trading pick 1. Dangerfield, Veszpremi, McEvoy are all top draft picks from only 2 years ago, and all 3 would be considered one of the most promising youngsters at their respective clubs.

Trading Dangerfield for pick 18 would be like Adelaide suggesting we trade Jack Grimes for pick 18.

Wells and Walker are former top 3 picks and the clubs would never even consider trading them, let alone for pick 18.

The only chances we have on that list are

- Armitage- don't rate him

- Varcoe- small forward... we could probably use him, but do u want to waste a late first rounder on him. doubtful. prefer to see what we can get in the draft.

- Gamble- dont rate him.

and i don't understand why Richmond would let Delideo, their best player, a premier player in the afl and only 22 years old, go for free in the PSD?

Completely unrealistic. Delideo and Cotchin are future superstars and would require trading pick 1. Dangerfield, Veszpremi, McEvoy are all top draft picks from only 2 years ago, and all 3 would be considered one of the most promising youngsters at their respective clubs.

Trading Dangerfield for pick 18 would be like Adelaide suggesting we trade Jack Grimes for pick 18.

Wells and Walker are former top 3 picks and the clubs would never even consider trading them, let alone for pick 18.

The only chances we have on that list are

- Armitage- don't rate him

- Varcoe- small forward... we could probably use him, but do u want to waste a late first rounder on him. doubtful. prefer to see what we can get in the draft.

- Gamble- dont rate him.

and i don't understand why Richmond would let Delideo, their best player, a premier player in the afl and only 22 years old, go for free in the PSD?

Wells and Wallker have both chronically underdelivered on their promise through injury in one case and performance in another. I think they are eminently tradeable by both Clubs. But I am not interested in either player at that price. Walker is too injry prone and Wells too flaky.

Agree with your assessment of the others.

We need a gun Midfielder and a gun KPF. None of those mentioned suit that description.

Sleeping? We have been comatose since 2007.

We are the worst club in the league and not many out there think we are an atractive option.

I'm much more enthused about the players we have got than any reject we may get at an inflated price in the PSD.

So am I.

Thanks for being so positive ;) . I can understand how you would have interpreted it re: PSD. And even this year for that matter. I put it up for those to take notice of where we are headed in the future. (Not that they'd be reading it anyway). The excitement that is building within the club. With that comes an attractive proposition - maybe not at the end of this season; but thereafter.

Neither do I.

Deledio is a Best & fairest too.

With the Gold Coast coming AFL clubs are going to over value draft picks in the 2009 National Draft. As such, we should strongly consider trading picks 18 and 34 for young players at other clubs (rather than chancing a shallow draft). It is highly likely that good young players at top clubs like Geelong or St Kilda will be squeezed out due to the salary cap.

The list of names I think we should target at includes:

Travis Varcoe

Ryan Gamble

Daniel Wells

Patrick Veszpremi

Andrew Walker

Brett Deledio

Trent Cotchin

Patrick Dangerfield

Ben McEvoy

David Armitage

Veszpremi, Cotchin and Dangerfield would command higher picks than pick 18. And I don't think those clubs will be letting them go. Sydney especially. They are crying out for talented youth.

Walker is no good. Wells isn't much better. Gamble is unproven. McEvoy is St Kilda's big ruck hope, given King and Gardiner's ages. Armitage is no good.

When you finish bottom (and have the first pick in the PSD) the key is to entice the player to the club, not to satisfy the counterparty with a trade.

Once you get the player to want to come, the first pick in the PSD can be used as a bargaining chip which can be exploited to deliver a lopsided trade (or you may be able to get them to come for nothing). The reason we failed with Robbie Warnock last year and Chris Judd the year before was because they did not see us as having a future.

If Collingwood were in our position at the moment they would be chasing Deledio (amongst others) hard and saying they would pay a player in excess of market value if he came in the PSD. The worst thing that would happen under this strategy is another club would have to pay the player more.

Wells and Wallker have both chronically underdelivered on their promise through injury in one case and performance in another. I think they are eminently tradeable by both Clubs. But I am not interested in either player at that price. Walker is too injry prone and Wells too flaky.

Agree with your assessment of the others.

We need a gun Midfielder and a gun KPF. None of those mentioned suit that description.

Once again, spot on.

McEvoy would be very handy though, a David Hille clone.

Worth a trade but I'm not sure the Saints are that stupid - maybe if we offered Bruce? they like recycling old players

Once you get the player to want to come, the first pick in the PSD can be used as a bargaining chip which can be exploited to deliver a lopsided trade (or you may be able to get them to come for nothing). The reason we failed with Robbie Warnock last year and Chris Judd the year before was because they did not see us as having a future.

I think it's fair to say, the view from Melbournefc from outsiders is on the verge of becoming a club/team that is going places now - despite our current position, 16th. By the end of season 2010, it will be an attractive "place to be" in terms of a football team on the up.