Bell in for Bartram

LIFT

You have to congratulate Barts for the way he handled himself through a lot of personal trauma.

He is getting the best out his limited ability - but he has not improved since 2006 - and I think his days as a senior player are numbered. Quite simply, he turns the ball over too easily too often.

Belly is a hard nut - with pace and physicality. I am still hopeful that at 24 , his best is ahead of him.

I'd give him a game. Dunny might be first to go - but Barts will be next.

In my mind you have it exactly the wrong way around.

Bell 13/04/85, 24

Dunn 14/05/87, 22

Bartram 16/02/88, 21

For this reason, but not just this reason I have Bartram and Dunn well ahead of Bell.

24 is not exactly ancient look at Warren Treadrea and Matthew Richardson

Belly was pick 14 in the 2002 National Draft

Bartram was pick 60 in 2005

A lot of people obviously saw limitations in Bartram's ability in his draft.

Dunn was pick 15 in 2004.

In general we have a lot of players we are hoping will become A graders.

Would loved to have seen where Bartram would be without the injury late in 2006.

Bell 13/04/85, 24

Dunn 14/05/87, 22

Bartram 16/02/88, 21

For this reason, but not just this reason I have Bartram and Dunn well ahead of Bell.

That's all well and good, but Moloney, Davey, Miller, PJ, Warnock, Rivers, and Jamar are all older than Bell.

So unless they are all marking time, I don't think Bell's age is a great restriction to him playing.

I think his general lack of awareness in traffic will be.

Doesn't mean I don't think he should get a game, this year should, aswell as blooding youth, should be about giving enough chances to those who are staring down the barrell. I guess that group would entail - Bell, Dunn, McNamara, Valenti, Sylvia, PJ, and Jamar. And also to see if Whelan, Robertson, McDonald, and Wheatley can give anything substantive in 2010.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I don't think a lot of Bell. No awareness in a game that is getting faster and faster. I hope he proves me wrong by and playing some good games for us this year but I'd have Bartram in over him at the moment.

Oh the pain, make it stop!!

Of course, there's still a selection decision or two left, but we'll cross that Rivers when we get to it.

At least we know there wont be any change near Davey/Jones lockers.

I can't believe I replied and kept going. I took the Bate in, and now I'd better Bail out.

I'm clearly not a Wellman, but nobody knows Watts wrong with me.

I fink I no Watts wong, tis moor dat won Can - bear a, sat dee of no foot E @ da Manu'a. :huh:

24 is not exactly ancient look at Warren Treadrea and Matthew Richardson

The point is not how long can he play for, it is more that he has had his chance to develop into an experienced, full bodied player and he hasn't been performing. Bartram and Dunn are still developing in that sense.

The point is not how long can he play for, it is more that he has had his chance to develop into an experienced, full bodied player and he hasn't been performing. Bartram and Dunn are still developing in that sense.

I see your point but I think Bell has only really had one settled uninterrupted period without injury in the MFC side and I think this was only really for half a season or so in 2005 maybe?. I think he will be played in a new role forward or midfield and I think he is worth a try otherwise I think he will be delisted without been given a chance.

Recruited in 2002 as a forward mid All Australian Junior. Surely he is worth a try in this role.

Given the players coming back this week I think Dean would have said to Belly, "well played in the VFL on the weekend, DO IT AGAIN and keep pushing and we'll look at ya"

Obviously my comments regarding Bartram and the lower ranked players in Supercoach with team selection this week.

I see your point but I think Bell has only really had one settled uninterrupted period without injury in the MFC side and I think this was only really for half a season or so in 2005 maybe?. I think he will be played in a new role forward or midfield and I think he is worth a try otherwise I think he will be delisted without been given a chance.

Recruited in 2002 as a forward mid All Australian Junior. Surely he is worth a try in this role.

Given the players coming back this week I think Dean would have said to Belly, "well played in the VFL on the weekend, DO IT AGAIN and keep pushing and we'll look at ya"

Obviously my comments regarding Bartram and the lower ranked players in Supercoach were validated with team selection this week.

Career Games

Bell 63

Dunn 45

Bartram 52

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.