Round 8 results that would help the dees secure top 2 picks

cooko

It's a funny place to be in really.......

I mean during the week its very much about what we need to re-establish ourselves and improve our future, which would arguably mean finishing at the bottom of the ladder, and winning a maximum of four games (although it's probably a little presumptuous to assume even that), but come game time its yelling and screaming and barracking, wanting just to see the boys pull out a victory.

And then after the match is done and the loss (most likely) is recorded its back to our current reality, our potential future and it's four games only, remember four games only.

And then we do it all over again, and again, and again.......and again :P !!!

Yeah, this year is already tiring me out. The last few weeks have been tiring enough, now being on this forum it makes things even harder.:P

BRFE and BBub,

Pride in each of us is very different. If not wanting to see us labelled the worst team in the competition 2 years running over the matter of one draft place for our second pick, then I'm happy for you to label me crazy.

i agree with most of you really.. its hard being a supporter and to actually cheer for the opposition.. i too want us to win as i am sick of getting 'crap' from other people because i go for the dees.. i suppose I just look at the big picture of our young list and how we can make it better with pick 1 & 2.. but to go a whole year not cheering for the team I have loved my whole life.. is just too hard!

You idiot. That's my thought.

Am I the only one who won't be disappointed if we win tomorrow?

I can imagine the panic on this forum tomorrow if we win: threads like -

"What were we thinking?

winning the game!"

"Butcher and Scully in jeopardy

our rebuilding is ruined"

"We HAVE to lose

to either Richmond, West Coast or Port Adelaide"

haha ok.. i did say go easy!

i know what you mean though! of course i want us to win.. i am just thinking in the long term!!

i am going to the game tomorrow and will be supporting us.. its just the thought of adding a scully and butcher to the squad gives me a tingling sensation.. what just me? :lol:

What on earth would you hope to achieve by forfeiting the 2nd pick ??

Having said that. At the end of the day, do we really know the difference between picks 2 and 3.

You idiot. That's my thought.

Am I the only one who won't be disappointed if we win tomorrow?

"What were we thinking?

winning the game!"

"We HAVE to lose

Not to mention -

Dean Bailey NEEDS TO GO!

It's a funny place to be in really.......

Which is exactly why the draft system needs to change. The fact that people get on here and talk about 'Tanking' and 'List Management' in round 8 is nothing short disgusting!

I just look at the big picture of our young list and how we can make it better with pick 1 & 2.. but to go a whole year not cheering for the team I have loved my whole life.. is just too hard!

No doubt we can make our list better with the first two picks, that's not in question, but actively barracking against the red and the blue is simply out of the question. At that round 22 2007 game against Carlton, I saw Carlton supporters waving their flags when Melbourne scored a goal. If I ever saw Melbourne supporters doing the same when the opposition scored, well, it would be a low day in the clubs history. Totally shameful.

Good to know you find it just too hard cooko.

i agree with most of you really.. its hard being a supporter and to actually cheer for the opposition.. i too want us to win as i am sick of getting 'crap' from other people because i go for the dees.. i suppose I just look at the big picture of our young list and how we can make it better with pick 1 & 2.. but to go a whole year not cheering for the team I have loved my whole life.. is just too hard!

Exactly how I feel. So sick of people saying why do you go for them? they`re [censored]. I really want to get picks 1 and 2 but I would hate to see the dees win 3 or 4 games this year. It will almost be like we have made no progress from last season. It`s eating at me. I can`t just go to a game and sit there hoping for us to stuff things up and lose. It just doesn`t work that way. Imagine Melbourne are down on QB by 100 points come back and win the match by like a kick after the siren I couldn`t just sit there and get angry at the club for not trying to tank, I would be going absolutely mental. We still have 15 rounds to go. This is gonna be a very weird season.

If you don't think we will cop crap for winning your mistaken. After we beat Carlton I copped a heap of crap for our clubs stupidity in winning the same will happen again if we overachieve the last thing the club should want to do is overachieve and become a Freo or Richmond. I would rather have picks 1&2 than have false hope like Richmond had at the start of this year.

At the end of the day, do we really know the difference between picks 2 and 3.

No we don't. There's still a long way to go before the draft.

And from projections I've read at this stage, Scully is the clear number 1 pick. But after him there's a group of players that could go number 2, Butcher being one of them.

It will all shape itself over the next five months. Let's not get too breathless yet.

Good to know you find it just too hard cooko.

Your a [censored].. i just wrote i am going to the game to support our team.. its not like i am going to be cheering for the opposition when they score a goal.. of course i will still be cheering the dees.. if you get off your high horse you will see i barrack for the same team as you and in the end we both want our team to do well.. i just understand that sometimes you need to sacrifice a little to get big results!

Exactly how I feel. So sick of people saying why do you go for them? they`re [censored]. I really want to get picks 1 and 2 but I would hate to see the dees win 3 or 4 games this year. It will almost be like we have made no progress from last season. It`s eating at me. I can`t just go to a game and sit there hoping for us to stuff things up and lose. It just doesn`t work that way. Imagine Melbourne are down on QB by 100 points come back and win the match by like a kick after the siren I couldn`t just sit there and get angry at the club for not trying to tank, I would be going absolutely mental. We still have 15 rounds to go. This is gonna be a very weird season.

If you don't think we will cop crap for winning your mistaken. After we beat Carlton I copped a heap of crap for our clubs stupidity in winning the same will happen again if we overachieve the last thing the club should want to do is overachieve and become a Freo or Richmond. I would rather have picks 1&2 than have false hope like Richmond had at the start of this year.

both of you completely hit the 'nail on the head'! i completely agree

Your a [censored].. i just wrote i am going to the game to support our team.. its not like i am going to be cheering for the opposition when they score a goal.. of course i will still be cheering the dees.. if you get off your high horse you will see i barrack for the same team as you and in the end we both want our team to do well.. i just understand that sometimes you need to sacrifice a little to get big results!

Settle down cooko. I was meaning that it's good to know you find it too hard to not go for the Dees because you said "to go a whole year not cheering for the team I have loved my whole life.. is just too hard!"

Of course you'll barrack for the Dees.

Ok? No worries.

Settle down cooko. I was meaning that it's good to know you find it too hard to not go for the Dees because you said "to go a whole year not cheering for the team I have loved my whole life.. is just too hard!"

Of course you'll barrack for the Dees.

Ok? No worries.

Righto! A misunderstanding! Thats the internet for you.. My apologies mate!

That happens on busy messageboards. None of us know each other, there are bound to be clashes of opinion. I could do without the snipering though. You're spot on though, we're all supporting the same team, let's have a bit of harmony.

The bloody Bickering on this forum is shocking. We all go the same team dont we? :wacko:

.. you will see i barrack for the same team as you and in the end we both want our team to do well..

thats exactly what i was trying to get at! :)

Richmond is really our only concern. In saying that I still think we will win no mre than 4 game. Is Butcher a Fevlola type forward? Can someone give me a comparision so I know what sort of player he is.

Fevola is a sook and i believe Butcher isn't. From what i have seen of Butcher he is a KPF.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Yep. I deal with it this way: During the game I cheer my guts out and want by beloved Demons to smash who ever they are playing but when they lose (as they sadly do most of the time these days) I console myself that it isn't as bad a thing as it normally would be because maybe there is a silver lining to the rain cloud.

That's it really. What we win is what we win and I will enjoy every one regardless of picks but if it turns out we have a crappy season then I will take heart in the developement of the kids and the prospect of getting the two best kids in the country.

the tigers still play us , eagles and the crows at the mcg, and before anyone laughs the bombers twice. plus if wallace is sacked midyear the tigers will come out and win the next week

Hahahahaha...

Whilst Richmond usually plays well against the Bombers, Essendon is a much improved team this year. Richmond will struggle against them.

"What were we thinking?

winning the game!"

"We HAVE to lose

:lol:

Very good.

The eagles still need to win 2 games and the way they played against us that is no certainty.

They've still got Richmond twice, North at home, Fremantle and us again. I can see two wins from that lot.