Cameron Bruce

just admit u hate him

I dont hate anyone.

I give my unbiased, realistic views on all players.

Some posters cant handle that.

Thats what I think to 'Rogue'. He is also missing a lot of targets by hand as well.
Maybe he should wear gloves in the warm up then. I would also say Bruce ran more and covered more ground when younger than he does now.

It also has me stumped that such a noticeable nosedive in skills from a front line player hasn't been picked up by the plethora of media covering the game. Perhaps they just don't pay attention to us?

1: The media don't care. 2: The severity of his kicking isn't as bad as people (person) on here make it out to be. He was always just an ok kick. Made to look good by a fit and at times dominant team that played around him. Given how our guys make position these days it's little wonder he can't pick out a target. Not many people could. While it sounds like excuse-making, the reason people don't notice his nose-dive is because he was never a great kick to begin with. Think back to his best games... (The Carlton one was an abberation caused more by their ineptitude).... and ask yourself was it his kicking that made him the player he is respected as now? No. And he's still playing the same brand of footy as he did when he made his name in the early 2000s.

Then why do you list him in the outs every week?

Why bother?

never been the same player after getting tackled by Guerra when he played for the Saints, Bruce was fire on the first 4-5 games that year. slowly downhill since his comeback

So he gets crunched in a game of football and that is an excuse for poor kicking 3 or 4 years later? Give me a break.

Yeah I thought it was clear. The ball doesn't reach his boot the way it should, so he gets mongrels every second kick.

All these kicking EXPERTS? IF only they were good enough to play for the Dees and GET the ball. What a team we would be! Put in for the kicking coach job boys!

It was a good performance, but try and keep it in perspective.

We won the game by over 100 points against a pathetic Carlton team, and he was riding off the hard work of others.

Once the floodgates opened, anyone could have booted 7 goals, even Al Nicholson if he went forward.

O no that word al again time for a toilet break.

watch the way bruce drops the ball..takes both hands off at the same time. bad kicking action. that'll explain it. but is a good kick around the body aka snap coz he keeps the second hand on the ball until it reaches his boot

I think I've posted before that Cam should practice the drop kick. There's no way you'll kick anything but grubbers if you don't control the ball to ground with your right hand. Even if his success is minimal the drill should have the effect of improving his ball drop.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
I dont hate anyone.

unbiased, :lol: i wish i was good enough to play 200 odd games and bag 230goals for the demons, bruce has given good loyal service over the last decade, no contract disputes, hes been a loyal handy player.

15 kms per match not enough for you?

Is that what has been measured and recorded of late (sometime in last 2 years)? Or is that he's GPS reading from Rounds 1-3 back in 2004?

If you look at the stats Cameron Bruce's disposal is around average. This year his disposal efficiency is 77%.

http://superstats.heraldsun.com.au/profile/200052.html

This is better than Brad Green who is perceived as a much better user of the ball. His efficiency is 72%.

http://superstats.heraldsun.com.au/profile/200054.html

Travis Johnstone is recognised as an elite disposer of the footy. His effiency is 68% for the year.

http://superstats.heraldsun.com.au/profile/980050.html

So many of you have jumped on the bruce bagging bandwagon and continually ignore the good parts of his game. He is one our best players and whilst he does have the occasional shocking kick he is actually very good at linking up and setting up play.

I dont hate anyone.

I Have that Game on Tape Y.M. Carlton were pathetic in 2004 & we Creamed them, But i agree with you. Some of our players get it to easy for years (Cam hasn't played well since a bump 4 years ago) Thats why this club is percieved as "Soft". I like Bruce because he tries real Hard, but i still think with his experience he should try even Harder to get his kicking right.

With such a young side he is a leader & should play accordingly. If he cannot due to injury then he should not be played. No point in Bad Habits being handed down to the next generation.

This Club must strive to improve & not tread water. In 2000 my Dad rang me at work after seeing Cam Bruce's First Game, he was really excited about his future, but like so many for whatever reasons his Football to this point has plateaued. Jury is out.

Is that what has been measured and recorded of late (sometime in last 2 years)? Or is that he's GPS reading from Rounds 1-3 back in 2004?

2008 article. Like to see you keep up with him for a full game. Can't believe you would even question his indisputable running ability.

2008 article. Like to see you keep up with him for a full game. Can't believe you would even question his indisputable running ability.
Umm read the post again champ, I never questioned or disputed his running ability my point was the amount of distance covered (15km) was it A - when he seemed to be at his peak form in early 2004? or was it, B - measured recently?

Umm read the post again champ, I never questioned or disputed his running ability my point was the amount of distance covered (15km) was it A - when he seemed to be at his peak form in early 2004? or was it, B - measured recently?

Is 2008 recent enough?

You will have to excuse Bobby, he is a relative of Bruce, hence him constantly sticking up for him.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it means we cant take anything he says seriously as he is clearly biased toward his own family member.

As per usual, a Cameron Bruce thread has turned to poo.

I think we've all had our say (some more than once!), now let's move on.

In future, please refrain from turning Bruce threads into a Jerry Springer show.

Thanks.