IS IT WINTER YET?

Demonland

Would be a dream come true but Adelaide won't ever let this bloke go.

Won't have much choice unless they offer him the top job... which would be silly with Neil Craig being one of the best coaches in the AFL along with Dean Laidley.

They do the most with the least.

Edit: my mistake, i thought you were talking about him taking Bailey's spot.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a ridiculous thread. Bailey is clearly taking the list in the right direction, what do you expect bjgc? Do you expect Bails to magically re-build the list in 5 minutes? It takes time. You need to be patient with these young players. Knee-jerk reactions are what divides a club, and we cannot afford to go down that path. Jimmy has already publicly backed the direction Dean is taking, which is good enough for me.

What direction? I expect us to be competitve and improve on last year ATM it's not happening and if it continues by RND 12 I'm going to be [censored] off. I don't even care about winning games I'm just sick and tired of the club looking like a joke getting belted every week and no one seeming to care.

In the premier league, which is 'soccer' to those that are unsure, the most successful teams are those that have consistency and stability. If the board has faith in the coach, the player have faith in the coach. If the fans have faith in the coach, the players have faith in the coach and so on. Stability and Consistency is what we need. The guy needs to see out his contract. Period. And the only way to do that is to have the support of the players, fans and board, which I think he has got.

Saying that, I would love to see Hird or Buckley come in as assistant coach. Possibly even Viney.

The EPL is a joke where only 4 teams can win the Championship cause they have the money and you should change teams with team cause only Man U hasn't sacked the coach and how can you have faith in the coach when where not just getting beaten we are getting smashed every week.

The EPL is a joke where only 4 teams can win the Championship cause they have the money and you should change teams with team cause only Man U hasn't sacked the coach and how can you have faith in the coach when where not just getting beaten we are getting smashed every week.

Firstly the EPL isn't a joke, it's the best League in the world. Secondly Arsenals manager has been at the club for well over 10years, as has Manchester's, and Liverpools is close to clocking up 5. So in terms of that, you're wrong. But going away from the EPL analogy, the most successful teams are the ones who have full backing from coaches, to staff, to board members to fans.

Thirdly you'd have to be pretty daft not to be able to take positives out of the matches we have played so far. There a positives to take out of every match, and the development compared to last year is enormous. You're either going to have to be patient, or go support a team like Carlton.

Surely the minimum we should be expecting is a percentage of 70%. I think that if the club can't get between 65 - 70% by RND 12 then Bailey should get the sack and same goes at the end of the year if we can't get to 70%

I couldn't give a rats about the percentage if we're 4-18. The magic number is 4.

What did we have 3 players with over 100 games experience out on the field? (IMO 3-4 "experienced players", 5 max in a "developing side")

Young teams will fade in and out of games and depending on how good the opposition is, they can really hammer us. That will happen.

I actually could not give a stuff about the scoreboard as i want to see games pumped into the kids and watch them develop. I'm copping it sweet and looking for pick 1 + 2. Go West Coast.

He has coached 25 games, and in that time he has -

- Completely rebuilt our back line, turning it from a laughing stcock to one of the leagues best

- Weeded out the deadwood from the Daniher era

- Blooded more promising youngsters in one year than Daniher did in a decade

- Made Brent Moloney a less predictable player

- Took Garland, who most fans wanted to delist, and made him arguably our most promising player

- Turned Warnock into a fine backman, after doing nothing under Daniher

- Revived Aaron Daveys career in a new role

- Backed an unknown kid from the Tiwi Islands who electrified us in 2008

- Coached is a to an AFL record come from behind win, 51 points down

On paper the results are awful no doubt, just 3 wins in 25 games. But the guy has literally had to start from the ground up. He inherited an untalented, aging list and has already rejuvenated it and will continue to do so.

This guy knows what he is doing, and once everything clicks, the wins will come.

It is with some trepidation that I admit that I concur with Yze Mgic. We lack senior players and more particularly quality senior players. Our rebuild has begun and we are stocking up and will get another chance to do so in this years draft. It is this young talent that we are relying on - noting that Watts, Blease have not played, and Strauss came back from injury this week.

- Completely rebuilt our back line, turning it from a laughing stcock to one of the leagues best

- Took Garland, who most fans wanted to delist, and made him arguably our most promising player

On paper the results are awful no doubt, just 3 wins in 25 games. But the guy has literally had to start from the ground up. He inherited an untalented, aging list and has already rejuvenated it and will continue to do so.

This guy knows what he is doing, and once everything clicks, the wins will come.

well put, these kids need 40 -50 games each, the backline is becoming settled, we need another tall forward at this years draft. having two quality talls who can hopefully give 8-10 years is a must. DB is the right man

For those feeling bad about our coach, team, gameplan, etc.. Go and read the readers comments on the Herald-Sun website in relation to the Tigers after the game today. It will make you feel a whole lot better about where the Demons are at, and will also give you a good laugh.

Just watching them today made me feel better.

Are you sure? Yesterday was a poor performance: Tredrea marking in the 35/40-metre-out directly-in-front area many times with ease, Motlop passing Frawley for an easy goal, and a general luck of accountability for their opponent. The have a while to go yet before they are one of the leagues' best back line.

Are you sure? Yesterday was a poor performance: Tredrea marking in the 35/40-metre-out directly-in-front area many times with ease, Motlop passing Frawley for an easy goal, and a general luck of accountability for their opponent. The have a while to go yet before they are one of the leagues' best back line.

all defences rely on midfield pressure

I know we can't kick goals but I'm sure if we kick 10 goals and the opposition kicks 12 then our percentage will go up cause it's not a 10 goal belting like we have been getting.

Do you serously think the club should do nothing and just hope that the beltings don't affect the team?

You can't keep blaming the coach for everything. Look at Richmond, same problem.

It's a developing list. I don't care if we get beaten by 20 goals every single week, as long as the players are developing. I think the reasons given above in response to your post are spot on. Even when Melbourne was top of the ladder a few years ago we lost by 80 points at AAMI - we simply hate playing there. We played a good three quarters against North and the first half against Collingwood was exceptional. Remember that 18 months ago, Collingwood were 1 goal away from beating Geelong and would have played and probably beaten Port Adelaide in the Grand Final. Remember, too, that after Round 21 last year, North Melbourne were fourth on the ladder.

Let's judge Bailey at the end of 2010. I, personally, think he is a great coach. Remember that nearly everyone was calling for Mark Thompson's resignation after being at Geelong for 7 years and them not making the finals in that time. Now they say he is the best coach ever and has won a premiership and he lost 2 games for the entire year last year. Same goes for Clarkson. Even diehard Hawthorn supporters were calling for his blood 2 years ago and now look.

Don't blame the coach, we had 13 players that had played 20 games or less - they will improve.

Just watching them today made me feel better.

Agree...watching Fremantle and Tigers it gives our current position some perspective. It shows things could be worse...lets just hope the board acts before we enter our fifth losing season under the same coach.

No other club would cop the crap the club is dishing out under Bailey he is clearly not getting the best out of his team changes have to made Bailey is not the answer.

Well they would, and did, and won a flag in 2008.

Bailey's not going anywhere. So it's as good an idea as any to try to see what his plan is...

The time to mark him is not now. It will be in another 18 months.

The Hawks only juuuust stayed with Clarko, and it reaped a flag for them. When the development is done, it will be at the end of a few years of pain under Bailey. At THAT stage we will all have to look and see if he's a good enough match-day coach to get us there. If not, then i would be time to go with someone like Eade... or, silly as it may seem, Wallet... who was never a bad match-day coach.

You can't keep blaming the coach for everything. Look at Richmond, same problem.

Richmond are blaming their coach.

It's a developing list. I don't care if we get beaten by 20 goals every single week, as long as the players are developing.

You can't be serious. Development is for the VFL. AFL = performance. And how do you measure development anyway??

I've read a lot of your posts, most of them are delusional whether that's deliberate or not I'm not too sure. This post would have to be one of your best. Keep it up.

yeah we really need him. When a kick is going into the forward 50 when Bate and Miller are up, the ball drops and the only ones down are the opposition defenders and they rebound with ease. But with Aussie soon coming back this problem should be solved with some Wonna magic.