Fingers crossed

mordiboy

Fellow Demons,

I am a community radio announcer on 88.3FM (Melbourne) and run a two hour sports program from noon to 2pm each Sunday.

I have been endeavouring to get Barry Pendergast on to the program for today to discuss our recruits from yesterday ( I have spoken with our Media Liason manager, Ryan Larkin) - having been trying for five days but unable to get confirmation.

The show has had Jimmy Stynes on earlier this year.

You can hear the show via the net on www.southernfm.com.au and follow the prompts to hear live.

As soon as I can confirm that Barry will be on, I will do so - was hoping to confirm prior to now.

What I can confirm is Chris Pelchem, Hawthorns recruitment manager will be on the show between 1 and 1.30. He will discuss the draft together with an emphasis on Hawthorn's recuits and Melbourne's recruits. Would have preferred to have Barry's take but Chris will be better than nothing

Cheers

Mordiboy

Guest melbman
As soon as I can confirm that Barry will be on, I will do so - was hoping to confirm prior to now.

Fingers crossed from me too. Would be a good listen

Appreciated

Guest melbman
tune in at 1.40 - Barry will be on

go dees

will do and thanks

Can you change the title so no one misses it?

cheers

listening now to craig pelchem

interesting to listen as he is arguably the best recruiter in the country atm

and right now, he is saying that they were interested in jamie bennell and also that they predicted all of the first 11 picks, so they would have also taken watts with pick 1 most likely

again, neville jetta he says could also have gone to hawthorn

both bennell and jetta could easily be at hawthorn and both were taken by melbourne with the very next pick

-BP first saw strauss as a lead up forward and was very impressed

-jamie bennell...bunbury WA. quick, agile, sees the game, strong overhead and kicks the ball really well

once he delivers, he pushes on and gets to the next contest "indigenous flair"

-neville jetta great decision maker, good kick, good tank, "ready to play against men now"

can do many things, half forward, midfield, half back

to get both bennell and jetta togethor is fantastic and can help their climitisation to melbourne

-Bail--QAFL rookie...20 years old...great balance, kicks the ball very well on both sides

9 min 30 3km (elite) great endurance runner, would have won that on draft day

has put on a bit of size

wasnt a smokie in terms of AFL clubs...brisbane and carlton have shown interest and maybe essendon 3 picks on

3 weeks preseason at saints who chose not to look at him

didnt go to state screening or national

---wanted to get good kicks into the place, basically took who is the best player, or who can play AFL footy

didnt look into needs tooo much

they thought jamie was the best available at that pick 35 (inside mid)

--no interest at all in ben cousins at melbourne...under 23 age group, want players to come through togethor as a group

who does he expect to play AFL football next year: any given one of them, makes it a little bit difficult for watts and blease with yr 12

neville jetta and james strauss are physically more prepared, along with bail who has been doing it for a couple of years

Guest melbman
-BP first saw strauss as a lead up forward and was very impressed

-jamie bennell...bunbury WA. quick, agile, sees the game, strong overhead and kicks the ball really well

once he delivers, he pushes on and gets to the next contest "indigenous flair"

-neville jetta great decision maker, good kick, good tank, "ready to play against men now"

can do many things, half forward, midfield, half back

to get both bennell and jetta togethor is fantastic and can help their climitisation to melbourne

-Bail--QAFL rookie...20 years old...great balance, kicks the ball very well on both sides

9 min 30 3km (elite) great endurance runner, would have won that on draft day

has put on a bit of size

wasnt a smokie in terms of AFL clubs...brisbane and carlton have shown interest and maybe essendon 3 picks on

3 weeks preseason at saints who chose not to look at him

didnt go to state screening or national

---wanted to get good kicks into the place, basically took who is the best player, or who can play AFL footy

didnt look into needs tooo much

they thought jamie was the best available at that pick 35 (inside mid)

--no interest at all in ben cousins at melbourne...under 23 age group, want players to come through togethor as a group

who does he expect to play AFL football next year: any given one of them, makes it a little bit difficult for watts and blease with yr 12

neville jetta and james strauss are physically more prepared, along with bail who has been doing it for a couple of years

Nice summation NJ

It went a bit quick for my "almost old" fingers

Excellent

Gave an insight on the why,s which is what the draft knockers dont comprehend

No doubt in my mind that last seasons biggest handicap was clangers which involved KICKING

A big thanks to Ryan for organising today and to Barry to give his time to talk about out latest draft recruits.

Thanks also to the posters for your summaries.

My take was we need players who can kick the football with skill and that is the key area that Barry focused on.

I will be able to get a copy of the interview but will take me a couple of days. As soon as I have it.............

We will get Barry back on radio - around mid season to see how the players are progressing.

Go Dees