Never do business in Cranbourne

Guest jackas_backa

Guest jackas_backa

The joint is like Afghanistan with a terrible history. It is not a "winning environment". Many a businessman has vowed never to go back to the Methane infested town. Make no mistakes, Cranbourne is the reason Messrs Prismall, Warnock, OKeefe etc dont want to play for us. Seriously why would anyone want to travel down there to train every day.

Make links with the area, sure, but dont put our precious eggs in that smelly basket!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The joint is like Afghanistan with a terrible history. It is not a "winning environment". Many a businessman has vowed never to go back to the Methane infested town. Make no mistakes, Cranbourne is the reason Messrs Prismall, Warnock, OKeefe etc dont want to play for us. Seriously why would anyone want to travel down there to train every day.

Make links with the area, sure, but dont put our precious eggs in that smelly basket!

During the season we train there once a week you dud. Stop finding excuses, they don't want to play for us because we're crap. Plain and simple.

We will show them why they were wrong when we draft our way to success.

Are you related to someone else famous on this site

Guest jackas_backa

Not one valid argument against my facts. Why would anyone in their right mind WANT to travel 50 min into a stinking methane ridden hole, when they can have their lush inner city trainhing venue near their homes (and near a decent beach)

Show some respect you tool. People live their, real people with real jobs trying to make a life for themselves and their families, they don't need arrogant little tools like you bagging their home. These players didn't come to Melbourne because we're crap at the moment. Period.

Maybe a moderator could delete this thread

Not one valid argument against my facts. Why would anyone in their right mind WANT to travel 50 min into a stinking methane ridden hole, when they can have their lush inner city trainhing venue near their homes (and near a decent beach)

please tell us all where the hell are our great training facilities with this lush inner city trianing venue no wonder the players who have looked at joining us have just walked away and laughed

As for the methane it does not have a smell

88 players chose to be on lists in Adelaide.

Decent beach? In the bay?

Champagne comedy at it's best. (or worst considering your point of view)

You are a [censored]

He can't possibly be a [censored] (assuming he is male) - I doubt he could find it.

Imagine tapping into people's misery to explain why players pick particular clubs.

It's all about money. Check out how much they will be getting at their new clubs. We can't match that. End of story.

Jackas Back, you are what the French refer to as "Le ignorante toole".

Cranbourne is fine, it is the same as any other outer suburb you F$5king [censored]!

Melbourne did not land warnock because he was offered a cosy job at Visy. Prismall just grabbed the first ticket out of Geelong he could get, and the Demons would never take OKeefe due to his Jordan like contract demands.

Prismall didn't come to the Dees because we pulled out (Conolly said this). He got 900k over 3 years and we beleived it was too much for him, considering Green is on not much more and it wouldn't be fair to our other players.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl...0-19742,00.html

What counter arguments can there possibly be to

'You're an arse bum face smelly stinker'.

??

Guest jackas_backa
What counter arguments can there possibly be to

'You're an arse bum face smelly stinker'.

??

OK I am an arse bum face smelly stinker. Well there is a first. Really an arse bum face smelly stinker. Jesus what has this nation produced. That is just embarrassing.

OK, the abuse I can cop. But where is the evidence supporting Cranbourne as a desirable training venue for a recruit. Please someone show me some solid evidence, ANYTHING, that suggests Cranbourne is desirable for the players and more importantly by the players.. 1 single reason.

I am tipping I will be waiting a while.............

jackas_backa wins this conversation hands down!

Please someone show me some solid evidence, ANYTHING, that suggests Cranbourne is desirable for the players and more importantly by the players.. 1 single reason.

1 A consistent summer training venue.......the players have been all over Melbourne, wherever the admin could find an available oval, from one week to the next, for years.

2 A top quality surface.

3 Closer rapport with (soon to be, hopefully) aligned VFL club - the only venue where an AFL club and its aligned partner actually share the oval!

4 MFC players who play VFL for the Scorpions play on their HOME ground.

There's 4 benefits for players, without mentioning benefits for the club (because you didn't ask for that).

1 A consistent summer training venue.......the players have been all over Melbourne, wherever the admin could find an available oval, from one week to the next, for years.

2 A top quality surface.

3 Closer rapport with (soon to be, hopefully) aligned VFL club - the only venue where an AFL club and its aligned partner actually share the oval!

4 MFC players who play VFL for the Scorpions play on their HOME ground.

There's 4 benefits for players, without mentioning benefits for the club (because you didn't ask for that).

5. Goal Posts

OK I am an arse bum face smelly stinker. Well there is a first. Really an arse bum face smelly stinker. Jesus what has this nation produced. That is just embarrassing.

OK, the abuse I can cop. But where is the evidence supporting Cranbourne as a desirable training venue for a recruit. Please someone show me some solid evidence, ANYTHING, that suggests Cranbourne is desirable for the players and more importantly by the players.. 1 single reason.

I think you are vitually related to the multiple personalities wheres_jacka aka T.G.R from 'ology. ...something smells familiar in the sentence "construction".. It's not methane I'm smelling either.

In any case, if you are not related, then you should be.

Guest jackas_backa
9. Point Posts

And not 1 point makes the hole more desirable to a potential recruit than one single other club. Trust me. Cranbourne = Bad Karma. The place breeds mediocrity.

I spoke at great length to a recently retired player who had the opportunity to walk on the ground and test out the playing surface for himself. He explained to me exactly what was so desirable about the ground as opposed to Junction Oval and Sandringham (and all the other grounds that our gypsies have been experiencing in the effort to get some training done). He also spoke about the benefits of moving the to an expanded facility as opposed to the cramped conditions (small weights room, tiny physio area) that they are dealing with at the moment.

So there is evidence aplenty to affirm that Cranbourne is a good facility for our team, instead of the crummy conditions they have been trying to cope with over the last few years. Perhaps you might want to do a little research yourself before running off at the mouth in future with a post that is full of inaccuracies and no facts whatsover.

By the way - Casey Fields is several kilometres from the tip and well out of the 'hot zone'. If you had been following the news recently, you might also have learned that the repatriation works the council has been undertaking appear to have been working - the number of affected houses has about halved from the peak, with no dangerous methane levels detected recently. For those people reading this post who have some common sense and decency, I am sure they will be happy for the people affected. For yourself, that is probably of no interest.

I spoke at great length to a recently retired player who had the opportunity to walk on the ground and test out the playing surface for himself. He explained to me exactly what was so desirable about the ground as opposed to Junction Oval and Sandringham (and all the other grounds that our gypsies have been experiencing in the effort to get some training done). He also spoke about the benefits of moving the to an expanded facility as opposed to the cramped conditions (small weights room, tiny physio area) that they are dealing with at the moment.

So there is evidence aplenty to affirm that Cranbourne is a good facility for our team, instead of the crummy conditions they have been trying to cope with over the last few years. Perhaps you might want to do a little research yourself before running off at the mouth in future with a post that is full of inaccuracies and no facts whatsover.

By the way - Casey Fields is several kilometres from the tip and well out of the 'hot zone'. If you had been following the news recently, you might also have learned that the repatriation works the council has been undertaking appear to have been working - the number of affected houses has about halved from the peak, with no dangerous methane levels detected recently. For those people reading this post who have some common sense and decency, I am sure they will be happy for the people affected. For yourself, that is probably of no interest.

Unfortunately jacka is on the money, in the gist of his sentiments, even if he has twisted them to keep up (usually inflammatory) appearances.

Its not the quality of the facilities. Its the location of them. I live in the eastern suburbs and Casey Fields is still a good 45 mins away... probably longer in peak hour. I would imagine that the players have relatively central abodes, so you would think that would be 1 hour + to training and back, 3 or 4 times a week. I overheard a couple of the players bemoaning this very fact prior to the practice match against North at the start of the year.

I now see how incredibly farcical it is for the club, trying to make itself appealing to the world again, to alienate players (both current and prospective) by making the training ground, and the home ground of our twos, so far from where any player wants to be.

Its nothing against Cranbourne specifically...

Its just that... well lets just say that even for Brocky's V8 the trip is still a solid half an hour.

I have had enough of this location crap..and it is CRAP !!

Let put things into REAL perspective shall we.

Football is a job.. a JOB !! jobs have premises and locations. Thats it. If you work for xy or z you work at ab or c.

Do people all think these guyslive in the CBD or something ?? Is it supposed to be some sort of pic nic for all.

so far from where any player wants to be.
according to whom exactly ??

ffs if they are that lazy a sh!t that they cant get off their collective arses and get to WORK !! then quite frankly they can bugger off. Elite players in many other codes all around the world have no problem with this..SO what makes a group of overpaid under-producing egoists at Melbourne think they are so bloody special.?? They arent...Poor babies...poor them !!

Yes theyd rather a shitty box of gym bits at a half occupied ground than a new surface with al the do dats (eventually) ??

Casey is NOT to be our ONLY training venue.. Get it through some heads please. It wil be our SUMMEr venue. ALL clubs go places etc. Just we will have a permanent one..Bit of an advantage I would have thought. We are still ( as of this writing ) to gain the Bubbledome facilites for winter etc. But when we want to we can go down the road and train at Casey Too.

Some of you obviously have heads up bums .. Some of you are terribly condescnding towards Casey. I dont understand why. You can still go watch the Dees at Goshs paddock in winter.. so whats yor beef ??