This weeks changes...

LeBron James

The Club owes them nothing. They have already gifted them overly overpriced contracts which have cost us. Maybe the Club could also write up their resumes and offer character references...... :unsure:

what..... no taxis and a cut lunch ?? :lol:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frawley I thought was quite good the last two weeks, finally getting some confidence and taking the game on. Strange.

So did I. However, I thought Garland has been better. Do you agree? If we want to keep our structure, we'd need to drop one of Frawley, Warnock, or Martin.

Garland for Frawley...OK

White for PJ ....OK, but why not Meeson, nothing to lose, except the game by more

Yze for Maric....NO, unless VCE (exams aren't for 10 weeks yet), should have been Wonna out, if Yze had to play

Dunn for Valenti....NO. Valenti is playing better than, and is better than, Jones. Should have been Jones out if Dunn had to play

Not happy with team :angry: More likely to lose. ;)

The Club owes them nothing. They have already gifted them overly overpriced contracts which have cost us. Maybe the Club could also write up their resumes and offer character references...... :unsure:

You are a clown, those two players have been apart of one of the most successful periods of the MFC since the 1960's. Since 1998 they would have played in 95% of the clubs matches this year would have driven that percentage down. OK they got paid, what ever it is who cares, they have entertained you good and bad for 10 years. We owe them the opportunity to continue playing AFL with other clubs in 2009 and hopefully for White at least get something for him, may be a third round pick.

You are a clown, those two players have been apart of one of the most successful periods of the MFC since the 1960's. Since 1998 they would have played in 95% of the clubs matches this year would have driven that percentage down. OK they got paid, what ever it is who cares, they have entertained you good and bad for 10 years. We owe them the opportunity to continue playing AFL with other clubs in 2009 and hopefully for White at least get something for him, may be a third round pick.

we owe them nothing..its a business..its not a suburban footy club. They have been paid for services rendered ( and not )

end of story

we owe them nothing..its a business..its not a suburban footy club. They have been paid for services rendered ( and not )

end of story

Wow! Ruthless!

I'm happy to see Yze playing this week for a couple of reasons. For sentimental reasons, I'm glad to see him out there - it's not like we're gifting a spot to a hack who will cost us a spot in the finals. More importantly though, it emphasises Bailey being true to his stance of playing players based on form. While Yze may have had a bit of a free ride under Daniher in Neale's last couple of years, Bailey has made him work for every cent. If Yze has been in the best most weeks for Sandy, then play him. It send the right message to the players that form will be rewarded, regardless of a player's future.

Wow! Ruthless!

So we owe neitz, flower, lyon all the greats nothing?

You must under some delusion that these people give up their armand left foot or something..Its a life choice.. They get to play a game they love..at the highest level for increasingly large remunerations. Due and sufficient reward in itself I would have thought.

Other than a thanks ..what exactly should we all do..name our first borns after players. Its just football ffs !!

fair enough and valid points.

But anyone who dons the red and the blue are heroes in my eyes as i love this footy club more than anything.

Yze and White have given me years and years of enjoyment as a fan of this football club and i would love to thank them dearly for that and they do deserve to go out gracefully.

For example- Michael Jordan, just because he has retired, i will NEVER EVER forget what he did and how much enjoyment i got and still get from watching him play a game i love!

What is wrong with that?

Upon reading the changes I wasn't exactly inspired. However, we've made like-for-like changes, so in essence this...

Garland > Frawley - fair enough, although I'm disappointed Frawley's missing

White > Meesen (PJ out inj.) - again, fair enough

Dunn > Valenti - again, fair enough, perhaps could have been Bartram out, but Valenti's pace may have been a concern

Yze > Maric - not sure about this one, particularly as Wonna has retained his spot, but perhaps it is due to VCE

Rogue, you get the cupie doll here. Good Post.

Listen to all these prima donnas carrying on about their favourite puppies.

Seriously folks, we do need to find a loss over the next 2 weeks but this loss is fairly well camouflaged, if indeed this is the loss one. Bailey could easily justify this at any press conference.

Fair dinkum, you blokes are rattled, 4 or 5 nothing posts from High Tower and we haven't even heard 45hotgod's pearls yet.

And YM, you can do better than that, my learned friend.

the funny thing is if this was in melbourne i think i would be tipping us to win!

Port has the other motlop making his debut and from all reports does not deserve it

Pearl of a post Dees Dayz, it would've been hard to "justify" a loss from a team that is 3-17 and hasn't won in Adelaide for over 5 years, with averaging losing margins of 10 goals, wouldn't it?

Yze and White have given me years and years of enjoyment as a fan of this football club

That's what dvd's are for. You guys can relive the memories there. You might have to fast forward a few times when they go missing.

That's what dvd's are for. You guys can relive the memories there. You might have to fast forward a few times when they go missing.

More than a few times especially in recent years........

I don't like the changes, I can almost understand them, but I certainly don't like them.

That being said a good hard fought loss is all we need :P !!!

fair enough and valid points.

What is wrong with that?

Mousey..theres absolutely nothing wrong at all with extracting and enjoying the game ..to whatever level the spectator or participant wishes...nothing. And each to there own to a point come the value you place upon that. That you stil savour the exploits of Mr Air..great.. I stil fondly remember watching #2 dazzle the world on the wing and if anyone ever deserved a Brownlow..or a GR medallion etc on sheer artistry, skill and devotion to the club..it was one Robert Flower. Yes he from what we know now apparently shhoed away many offers but stuck with the Dees. Thankyou Robert.. ..also thankyou to the likes of anyone who played with heart for the Red and Blue. That they did was testament to their choice to pursue a carreer in footy and apply themselves to it.. They also would have reaped what they considered a fair reward. That is their life-decision. Its theirs as indeed are all of ours, ours !!

Strangely and I dont use this so much as argument..simply to suggest theres always another position on things.. I have heard Neeta often experss his gratitude to eh club..that he often felt that he would beholdig to them for the opportinites and the chance to grow a she has..into a marvellous bloke..Again..always more than one way to come at many things.

I dont begrudge the Yzes..The Whites..the whomevers of this sporting world there due but its a two way street . Its not National service.. they havent come to the game under protest.. They do so because they have teh chance through their own abilites to do something invariably most of us never will.. experience a passion at its ultimate level. hey provide..the club provides.. theres a balance. .( well in the main ) When one ceases to serve the other it comes to an end.

We may as spectators sometimes more the loss of a player as though they were part of our lives but in reality we're only there to watch . The club is there to exist and prevail. Its a competition after all. The goal isnt to just make it..its to win. To prosper.

Theres an agreement between clubs and players ..mutally agrred to...when its usefullness or time ends..it ends..Thats it. Theresno real ongoing debt by either party other than what ever one wants to GIVE to the other..What some of us is that the Club owes nothing...what is there to owe , for how long ? how would it be measured..how or whom would ajudicate ? Theres nothing. Each thanks the other for being part of it..and life goes on. :)

a mate of mine who is pretty close with maric said that he really wants to focus on school this year and he was talking to him during the week and said he wudn't play this weekend coz that wud mean he wud miss school on friday coz they wud have to fly over. and will u mob easy up jees its not the end of the world! we know he is gunna be sumthing special! im happy for him to ease up all fresh for next year

I find it amusing the amount of people going "oh what why!?" on here without a. knowing what's going on at the selection table and b. actually backing up with any kind of argument whatsoever

I find it amusing you're here at all