Umpires Today

dazzledavey36

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ime Glad so many others thought we were Crucified last saturday. i was in the mcc reserve and was going off my head!! Couldn't help it. Apaplectic is the word!!!!

Apoplectic. Good word. Were you anywhere near the loudmouth who kept calling them silvertails and hated Daniel Bell with a vengeance? Loudest Demons supporter I've heard, ever.

Haha, my favourite was the bloke (i think in the Second tier) of the MCC who basically just intermittantly called out players names.

Ball goes down the wing, "SYLVIIIIIA!!!!" Classic

hey that's my spot, second tier MCC. Right on the wing. It's great theatre, like those old Friday night screenings of the Blues Brothers, same crowd each week, same roles to play...

Me, I wave my scarf every heroic deed (usually beheading the opposition supporters in front). I sit right in front of DB and the coaching crew, I know they get a buzz from our passion. Bailey is usually deadpan but just occasionally in a moment of high emotion, he will make eye contact and raise his eyebrows in a sign to heaven that he like me can't believe the clanger we've just witnessed.

Love it, including our trumpeter (Hugh?) on the same level...

What is it with Cameron Bruce, umpires and Essendon?

I'm certain he was legged in the dying moments of last year's game at the Telstra Dome and the call was "play on" leading to a Scott Lucas goal in a game where we lost by a couple of points.

Or do the umpires support us and are really helping us get the first draft pick?

Yes he was - and that game was only decided by two points, Essendon kicked a goal in the last few seconds that they wouldn't have got if they hadn't cheated! But then you can't blame Essendon for using a tactic that has worked in the past and that they have gotten away with! This week, that one poor decision cost up to twelve points - Cameron *probably* would have kicked a goal from the mark (no guarantees of course) but Essendon certainly wouldn't have had the chance to run the ball down to their end and score as they did. 12 points from one error when the margin was only 16 - commentators who claim that bad decisions don't change the results of games clearly don't see the same games I do.

And I am not one-eyed! (blink blink)

I wouldn't say categorically that it cost us 12 points.

I see what you mean, but Bruce is hardly the most accurate kick at goal, and who knows, Bombers could have cleared from the centre bounce and goaled anyway. It was certainly a ridiculous decision though.

What cost us in general on Saturday was consistently momentum-shifting decisions. If we kicked a goal, they'd get a free out of the middle. If we had run of play through the midfield, there'd be some rubbish free kick

But these things generally work in cycles, and we tend to ignore the days the rub of the green goes our way ('07 QB for instance)

So how can we prevent pathetic umpiring ruining the game against the cats on Friday night at the 'G? (boy i'm looking forward to it, don't believe for one minute that our young team will be disgraced).

The only accountability is the crowd. We just gotta get there, thousands of us and with heaps of voice. I'm not talking about genuine human mistakes (which go both ways). If the umpires start treating us unfair again, WE ARE THEIR ACCOUNTABILITY! (which is why i'm hoping Mr Loudmouth in the second tier of the MCC turns up - the only reason actually).

GO DEES!!

Haha cos the umpiring was awesome in the Brisbane game....

Keep an eye out for me, the maniac in the dees Jacket about 5 metres to the right of our players race

Haha cos the umpiring was awesome in the Brisbane game....

Exactly!

Keep an eye out for me, the maniac in the dees Jacket about 5 metres to the right of our players race

Which level? (so you're in the pocket??)

Apoplectic. Good word. Were you anywhere near the loudmouth who kept calling them silvertails and hated Daniel Bell with a vengeance? Loudest Demons supporter I've heard, ever.

No i was sitting in the back Row of the "50 Year Members" with my Dad!! I certainly kept them awake. The didnt disagree too much & it sure kept them awake!!

Gary Fila (no 20) who appeared to be the worst of the umpires last week, and gave that unbelievable decision against Bruce at a critical time of the match, has been dropped from the list for this week's matches.

The umpires for tomorrow's match are Donlan, Kennedy and Ryan.

HBT...I was about 6 rows in front of him, he was carrying on like a pork chop alright, silvertail's, Daniel Bell, Dean Bailey and Handball...vocal yes - supporter, questionable!

Gary Fila (no 20) who appeared to be the worst of the umpires last week, and gave that unbelievable decision against Bruce at a critical time of the match, has been dropped from the list for this week's matches.

The umpires for tomorrow's match are Donlan, Kennedy and Ryan.

Woo hoo! No McLaren!

Donlan:.. AFL Debut: Round 5, Hawthorne v Brisbane, MCG, 2005. AFL Matches: 57

Kennedy: AFL Matches: 426. AFL Finals: 34. AFL Grand Finals: 5

(Heath) Ryan: AFL Debut: Round 3, Geelong vs. Melbourne, Skilled Stadium, 2008. AFL Matches: 6

(Shaun) Ryan: AFL Matches: 124. AFL Finals: 8

Which Ryan ?

HBT...I was about 6 rows in front of him, he was carrying on like a pork chop alright, silvertail's, Daniel Bell, Dean Bailey and Handball...vocal yes - supporter, questionable!

Yeah that's him, I'd forgotten about the 'handball', every time they got the ball he'd yell "more handball". Pork chop alright! Do you remember who you were sitting next to? We were maybe 4 or 5 rows in front of him, you must have been very close. Great spot. See you there tomorrow night??

GO DEES!