Disappointed with ...

Guest DemonSG

My pet hate is him running 2 metres next to someone asking for the handball, which he gets because it's usually from a younger player, and then he fluffs the kick. He did it against the Dogs when Morton was running in, and a few times yesterday.

a) provide a shepherd!

B) provide a shepherd!

c) see above

d) move into actual space if you want the footy, and make sure you hit your target when you get the footy, and

e) provide a shepherd.

I swear, shepherding at melbourne, save for Whelan, must be the worst in the AFL.

you dont know a pinch of [censored]

this thread is not about bruce and maybe if u watched a game ud know bruce is one player who will always shepherd. unless a player is standing still which he will receive a handball

DANIEL BELL IS Worthless .... he gave us false hope last year and his time is up. What does he have to offer us?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thread began about Bell but about 75% of it has been about Bruce, so you can stop crying about that part.

If you're happy about his shepherding, and the level adhered to by the team, enjoy your day.

I'm not happy with it, and i will express that. It should be at the forefront of each payer's mentality, to protect their team mate and i don't think any Melbourne players do it enough. The thread was titled "disappointed with" and i was disappointed with Bruce's disposal and leadership yesterday.

Bell was better than Bruce yesterday, and the thread was about yesterday, so what are you whinging about?

I'm glad you can assume intelligence based on one comment, and you should probably hope that most don't do the same for you.

I will single out a leader if i wish, especially in a thread which leads people to state what disappoints them.

Again, he disappointed me yesterday, mostly with his disposal. Are you able to understand that?

Bobby.... What is it that bruce provides exactly?

i can tell you what he is good at

- collecting possesions in junk time

- turning the ball over

-not shepparding

-not tackling

-poor handballing ability

-foot skills hopeless

-front runner

-loose

-soft

-not involved in the game when the game is in the balance but will happily watch his man go in and get the ball and have an influence on the game

-loves pointing the finger when in fact it is his fault that the ball gets cleared from a stoppage by HIS direct opponent.

-Will put his mate under the pump just so he doesnt get tackled

-and noticeably of late and since we have lost our more important hard running and team playing midfielders, cannot kick goals anymore!

trade him for a pick in the top 30 and get someone who will AT LEAST try and do the above things. I am a firm believer that if you try and give everything you have but get beaten by a better opponent then so be it.......... C Bruce doesnt try, would very rarely leave the ground sore and is quite satisfied with being labelled the best player in a hopeless side.

Goose you are lamentable and I too wonder if you are Yze Magic in disguise! Bruce is the second highest TACKLER this year, but you say he doesn't tackle. (4 on Sunday.) You haven't addressed the fact that the people who are important, his coaches and selectors must strongly disagree with you on all counts. You are saying you know more about football ability then they do. The biggest joke was when you said he doesn't leave the ground sore. The guy is playing with shin splints (very painful) and is on crutches for 24 hours after each game. Try running 15 kilometres with that pain mate. Not bad toughness for a 'fairy'. Like it or not he is our best player and is badly needed next year.

agree with you on all fronts

but still think bruce is a waste and doesnt bleed for his team mates, which is the most important...

if you want to see what i mean then read my above thread!!! id love bruce to be passionate but he doesnt even like getting tackled

if you want a soft man like bruce leading your team then i pity being your fellow supporter

What does this mean exactly YM??

I'm glad you can assume intelligence based on one comment, and you should probably hope that most don't do the same for you.

I will single out a leader if i wish, especially in a thread which leads people to state what disappoints them.

Again, he disappointed me yesterday, mostly with his disposal. Are you able to understand that?

the points u make there differ from the ones u originally made

and as for bell he ensured we got off to that good start that bailey always likes to talk about

I'm still waiting for you to make A point.

Daniel Bell ensured we got off to a bad start? He ensured our midfielders didn't chase, he ensured we had shocking disposal, he ensured our team had 4, FOUR, tackles in the first quarter? Honestly, do you think before you type.

Thomas had two first half goals from direct turnovers from other Melbourne players upfield, and kicked one because Buckley played on and got rag dolled.

18 touches for each, Thomas getting two goals when his team have 50 inside 50s and we have 37, i'd hardly say Bell could shoulder much blame for this loss, certainly no more than anyone else. I don't see how you can hang Bell, while defend Bruce with no argument

Guest Schtacker
I'm still waiting for you to make A point.

Daniel Bell ensured we got off to a bad start? He ensured our midfielders didn't chase, he ensured we had shocking disposal, he ensured our team had 4, FOUR, tackles in the first quarter? Honestly, do you think before you type.

Thomas had two first half goals from direct turnovers from other Melbourne players upfield, and kicked one because Buckley played on and got rag dolled.

18 touches for each, Thomas getting two goals when his team have 50 inside 50s and we have 37, i'd hardly say Bell could shoulder much blame for this loss, certainly no more than anyone else. I don't see how you can hang Bell, while defend Bruce with no argument

Schwarz sounded like he wanted to belt Bell. DS was wearing his red and blue badge right on his sleeve the other day and that incident where Bell was first to the ball near the boundary (courtesy of an atrocious kick from Dunn, that sailed over Bell's head by 10 metres from a 15-metre no-pressure pass) Bell tried to run it out, or something, he didn't quite know what he was doing, and his opponent arrived and very nearly just took the ball out of his hands and ran off with it. It was called out of bounds very contentiously and Schwarz suggested maybe the umpire felt sorry for Bell and saved him the embarrassment of looking 'very awful'. He did not sound impressed at all and neither was I.

Yeah that's right, i remember that incident. Bell looked shocking, poor kick and then poor judgement from Bell.

But if that constitutes "ensuring" that we got off to a poor start, then i'm kermit the frog.

It wasn't good from Bell at all, but i think his second half was pretty good and i'll be interested to see how he goes next week. If he can't maintain the glimpses he showed in the second half, then i agree he's in trouble, but i think he's one we may as well persist with because many can go before him

and how was our midfield pressure?

Isn't it funny how if one of our own team kicks a bag quickly you rave about him, about how good an effort it was, whilst ignoring his opponent, yet when it happens the other way round it must be because of our defender.

His first half wasn't great, as i've already said in this thread, but his second half was much better, as i've already said, and that's the form he must maintain. If you can't understand that then i can't be bothered anymore

His disposal has been questionable for 3 years now, and he has often gone missing when the pressure is on and we're struggling.

I support anyone who wears the red and blue, but that doesn't mean I ignore their flaws. Bruce has a number of problems that often make him a liability, and IMHO (and many will disagree) we should try and trade him at the end of the season.

That doesn't make me a Bruce hater/basher, it just means I want to get the best possible value out of him going forward, and I believe we can do that by trading him.

Sorry Jaded but your criticism of Bruce is mounting day by day almost to the point of being as repetitive as YM. We traded Travis last year for a boy who hasn't played one senior game so far this year and has yet to show he will be a frontline player. I certainly hope he will be but that is still an unknown factor. Bruce is a proven player and trading him for an unknown draft pick would be ridiculous. ' A bird in the hand is worth...'

We are 2 and 15 because of Bell and Bruce.

Everyone needs to calm down and realise that we are not very good - wholesale.

List is average and inexperienced, and injuries have killed us these last two years.

BTW to the [censored] who had a real go at Macca for that bad kick across ground - maybe you should show some respect for a bloke that has won two b+f's for your club and wears the jumper with a rare passion and desperation.

Then nothing.

3 goals Bell's fault. But nothing after is no credit to Bell? Go figure.

Not surprising really, because after a good solid year last year he has struggled more this year........

But criticism of some is obviously more ok than others, and Belly is on the down side of that :unsure: !!!

We traded Travis last year for a boy who hasn't played one senior game so far this year and has yet to show he will be a frontline player. I certainly hope he will be but that is still an unknown factor.

Bruce is a proven player and trading him for an unknown draft pick would be ridiculous. ' A bird in the hand is worth...'

A bird in hand is no good if it's dead by the time you want to send your SOS message via carrier pidgeon.

Grimes worst case scenario, he never plays a game. What have we lost, in this worst case scenario? A couple of years from TJ, which may have helped us to win a few extra games - ignoring his flaws, amongst them reported off-field behaviour - while we're nowhere near premiership contention.

I can see what you mean - it'd be a disaster if we did the same sort of trade ever again.

Bruce is a talented playmaker who needs strong midfield support around him to really show his best. Presently he has none and is maligned by the un-thinking accordingly.

Spot on H!

A bird in hand is no good if it's dead by the time you want to send your SOS message via carrier pidgeon.

Crikey!

Grimes worst case scenario, he never plays a game. What have we lost, in this worst case scenario? A couple of years from TJ, which may have helped us to win a few extra games - ignoring his flaws, amongst them reported off-field behaviour - while we're nowhere near premiership contention.

I can see what you mean - it'd be a disaster if we did the same sort of trade ever again.

Perhaps not winning those games without TJ .............may of actually helped, and with Grimes in the bank developing, overall whilst it might appear one step back, by this time next year it may be three steps forward.

Sometimes you've gotta step back to go forward...........much like the transfer of play over the field....so to speak.

As long as you don't lose possession!

I think we are in good hands.