Disappointed with ...

Guest DemonSG

Guest DemonSG

Daniel Bell has had his time, he was second rate today as he has been all season. At least Carroll provides a contest and is hard at the ball.

Bell has to go, he's been tried and failed, hope he is not contracted for next year.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh i have to agree, i didnt think he was too bad last week but this weeks first quarter was shocking and yeah he is struggling big time. A trade to home town Adelaide might be on the cards?

Poor game. A trade would be good for both parties.

Pick 30-40. Or if were dealing with Freo Pick 10-20.

He came back and had a very good second half yesterday after a poor first half.

I think Belly is a confidence player and I would not be writing him off yet.

Michael Newton.. A.K.A.. Juice and Fluffy Fingers and Daniel Bell have to either be put on the trade table or delisted. Bell's decision making and disposal is appauling and i dont know how he has managed so many games.

Newton's game yesterday was for me (big call this one i know) the worst game by any individual footballer i have ever seen. he falls over, cant tackle, has no idea how to lead and his marking is horrendous. I was at the game yesterday and his attempt to mark the ball on the members wing when it went straight through his hands was a clear indication that he would struggle to get a game at most VF sides. Please get rid of him and make space for a younger guy on our list.

dare i say it..... James Mcdonald's time i feel is done and dusted also. He cost us two goals yesterday at crucial stages of the game through poor disposal. Out with the old and in with the new.

Id take any draft pick for bell and newton..... even if it was pik 50..... egt them out and get someone new in.

Michael Newton.. A.K.A.. Juice and Fluffy Fingers and Daniel Bell have to either be put on the trade table or delisted. Bell's decision making and disposal is appauling and i dont know how he has managed so many games.

Newton's game yesterday was for me (big call this one i know) the worst game by any individual footballer i have ever seen. he falls over, cant tackle, has no idea how to lead and his marking is horrendous. I was at the game yesterday and his attempt to mark the ball on the members wing when it went straight through his hands was a clear indication that he would struggle to get a game at most VF sides. Please get rid of him and make space for a younger guy on our list.

dare i say it..... James Mcdonald's time i feel is done and dusted also. He cost us two goals yesterday at crucial stages of the game through poor disposal. Out with the old and in with the new.

Id take any draft pick for bell and newton..... even if it was pik 50..... egt them out and get someone new in.

Have to agree - haven't seem much in either of them to date..yesterday was awful

18 disposals, 7 marks, 5 spoils (the second most of anyone in the team)...

genuine tradebate.

so many years in the system and has now proven he will never be a top footballer. he has terrible decision-making and no awareness.

but he does have some value.

perhaps southaustralian club interested for 3rd rounder?

Bell has to go if we are seriously prepared to cut the list back and revuild.

Terrible skills, shocking decision making and doesnt seem to have enough agression about him, his kickout in the the final term yesterday was a disgrace, as usual off the one step and popped it up for an easy turnover, his skills are nowhere near that required of an AFL footballer, trade him for a pick in the draft

Daniel Bell is a confidence player. He possesses great tackling techniques, is physical, has speed. What he needs to improve on is his decision making skills under pressure, his awareness, and his execution. Dean Bailey is aware of this. At the moment Bell is standing on 'thin ice' to retain his place in the side for next week against the Bombers, due to poor execution at critical stages of Sundays game against the Kangaroos.

Unfortunately some statistics don't tell the whole story even though the stats don't lie.

my point is he may never be in our top 10 players, but he is a medium back who generally nullifies his opponent. he will be a handy depth player to have on the list, will probably be in our best 25 for most of his career, but will be in and out of the side depending on the form of both himself and others. when we are playing good football his deficiencies will be covered, but as a depth player he is reasonable and will hold his own.

trade him for a 3rd rounder and get another player of similar quality who is 5 years behind? bell is what, 23? unless we are going to get pretty good trade for him (ie 1st or second rounder, or a player), he will keep his spot on the list and prob play close to 150 games for the club.

His performance on Corey Jones in the first quarter was nothing short of abysmal. Unfortunately he improved in the 2nd half and will probably keep his sport.

Newton, aka "Fluffy fingers" appropriately named by an earlier MFC Member was simply embarrassing yesterday, the lead to the members wing followed by the ball straight through the finger tips without an pressure on him was simply not good enough!

Bell's continued lack of skills and poor decision making again hurt us deep in defence and his final quarter kick in off one step, popped up for an easy turnover was the final straw, he shows absolutely no dissapointment when he makes mistakes and even worse he seems not to ever learn by them, he's not got the ability to punch a short pass off one step - the skill difference between Bell and Chrissy Johnson is a classic example of the quality we require to take the next step and be competitive.

Newton doesnt run hard enough nor hit the ball, packs or opposition man with anything close to the physical presence requured for a key power forward and his position on the lsit for the 09 season has to be under serious question, Jack Watts HELLO!!!

I just hope that the coaches could see yesterday how out of thr league both players were....

I can honestly say tht i reckon Newton/Fluffy fingers is the worst player in the AFL and if he is picked again this year i will be devastated.

i understand and respect dean Bailey;s youth policy so much and am fully supportive of it, but he needs to now realise that not every young player he develops and coaches is going to come out at the other end as a decent AFL player. Even Dean is going to fail with development skills with one or two players.

No more Fluff

How Ben Holland couldn't get a game infront of 'Fluffy Fingers' has me baffled!

Send the fluff and the Bell head back to Sandy for the remainder of the year and see how they genuinely match up against opposition more their standard

So he gets 18 touches at over 80% efficiency, Bruce gets 20 at 55%, and Bell is the main culprit?

If you're going to talk of turnovers, half our team is gone. You'll need a better reason than that

Very good point my man, I am yet to speak of Bruce cause it sends me wild - if there was ever trade bait he is the one to go, i cant go there today I'm still trying to deal with his lamentable showing yesterday, what an appauling leader for our young team!

bruce is hopeless...

all i ask is that you guys watch him at stoppages...

everytime he is nowhere near his man (who is usally a better player than him), he is always pushing forward at stoppages and getting the cheap kick out the back...

I would be the happiest man alive if we got rid of him for a draft pick!!!

My pet hate is him running 2 metres next to someone asking for the handball, which he gets because it's usually from a younger player, and then he fluffs the kick. He did it against the Dogs when Morton was running in, and a few times yesterday.

a) provide a shepherd!

B) provide a shepherd!

c) see above

d) move into actual space if you want the footy, and make sure you hit your target when you get the footy, and

e) provide a shepherd.

I swear, shepherding at melbourne, save for Whelan, must be the worst in the AFL.

and how about when he drifts of the back of the back - gets the footy and does those loopy handballs to someone else who is in more trouble than what he is.... he will never take a tackle on but is happy for his mate to get crunched....

he is a fairy and would be great in a side that had power players but we dont and we need to get rid of him and quickly!!!!!!