Melbourne vs. Essendon

What a classic "double standard sentence!!! Haha each of 2

Ash30 doesn't think Reimers will become a gun.

However, Ash30 obviously hopes that that Reimers proves Ash30 wrong.

I don't see the double standard. I'm not sure if you meant something else.

I can see why Ash doesn't think Reimers will become a gun. He's got a bit of class and is a very good kick, but he hasn't shown that he can be anything but a 2 goal a game outsise opportunist finisher. To be a gun he needs to do something in the midfield.

He's got a bit of talent, but I haven't yet seen anything that will make him a gun.

Essendon's main problem (other than a bookend defender) is that their youngsters are all good honest players with none looking like they are likely to take the step to being a genuine top liner, although Ryder has potential. They've got bulk youth, but the top end is not breathtaking.

• 3 weeks later...

I still beleive my original thread. I have heard plenty in the media about this young Essendon side, but the Bombers get over the line today on the back of an 8 goal haul from Lloyd and some pathetic umpiring decisions.

The Dees to add the likes of Brock, Beamer, Jones, Petterd, Grimes and Rivers to their young nucleus plus some potential great draft picks next year has us ahead in the race in my eyes.

I still beleive my original thread. I have heard plenty in the media about this young Essendon side, but the Bombers get over the line today on the back of an 8 goal haul from Lloyd and some pathetic umpiring decisions.

Too balance your argument, Essendon were missing Davey, Houli, Lucas, McVeigh to name a few.

I actually take my hat off to Essendon for winning games with the largest injury list in the AFL - unlike Carlton and Richmond.

Too balance your argument, Essendon were missing Davey, Houli, Lucas, McVeigh to name a few.

I actually take my hat off to Essendon for winning games with the largest injury list in the AFL - unlike Carlton and Richmond.

Lucas doesn't count, or i would have included Robbo. My argument is that we are already playing our young guys in key positions, whilst the Bombers have experienced All-Australians in theirs.