Chris Johnson

Guest unstable punt

Kudos to CJ for a great game. I was one that thought he had been given enough chances and had blown them, but credit to DB for getting the improvement out of him. He was very much a significant part of our win yesterday. The next step for him and all our developing players is to keep performing and keep improving.

I was never one of them, I always thought he had heaps of skill and would put it together eventually, great stuff from Johnno No 2, he will be as good as his old man

Yes it was always going to take some time, hell Michael Tuck played almost 100 games in the reserves before going on to play 417 games at Hawthorn.....what did you expect?

Yes it was always going to take some time, hell Michael Tuck played almost 100 games in the reserves before going on to play 417 games at Hawthorn.....what did you expect?

Yeah, not everyone develops at the same rate as Chris Judd... sometimes players need time i.e. sam mitchell to really hit there straps...

Thought he played pretty well yesterday, his kicking was for the most part good but on the odd occasion put the reciever in hot water but I like him and think this will give him alot of confidence...

Good work CJ...

Each time someone says I told you so, they don't tell you about the player they right off and in turn comes good... win some/ lose some...

I agree DD re his disposal, his delivery to the forward line was of the highest standard, along with Davey I think they're our two best at passign to someone on a lead.

Yeah, he did have that one kick that he drilled straight down the throat of a Lion on the wing, and I remember thinking "how many times has he done that today?" And couldn't think of another instance. And even then he had no-one in the clear. Other than that though his precision bordered on elite. He was picking out guys on mid-range kicks (30-40 metres) an not only delivering accurately, but to advantage. He has all the bits and pieces a damaging rebounding defender needs...

And what's more he did it under pressure, both in the play-by-play man-on-man sense and also in the sense that the game was tight...

What I'd like to see now is consistency week by week (which he's shown in the last 3) and also how he goes against good opposition who will play more accountably, and more damagingly.

Who was his opponent? If it was Hooper then that's something to consider, as he got loose and could have been MUCH more damaging.

Interestingly Jarka... CJ is a BIG CAC lovechild. ;) He took Daniher to see a game in which he barely got a touch. Daniher was wondering what CAC was on, and he said "trust me." And here we are looking at a guy who's just about nailed a spot in the 22 in just a few weeks.

But I digress... I won't mention it to you again... :D

I love "I told you so" threads!

It highlights just how little some supporters know about football when they pontificate over our players careers like they actually know something, and then get found out to have no idea at all!

it is also very funny when people say 'i told you so' after 3 or 4 years of nothing and then two good games. beware the peril.

fwiw i fell that i have always seen atributes in CJ, particularly his disposal by foot, but he has never quite looked like a league footballer. i am glad he has come on and played a few good games, and i hope he can continue that form for the next 8 weeks.

remember, this time last year we were all saying the same things about daniel bell.

Guest Schtacker
Well he has definately come back from the dead. His last 2 weeks have been very good. Let's hope he continues that form we desperately need a half back that can run and use it well.

There are many things we need but running half-backers are nowhere near the most pressing! AJ won the B+F twice. I haven't got stuck into CJ much but fair dinkum after doing nothing in his first 23 games anyone who has was perfectly entitled to. The real question is whether he will go on with it

Everybody is taking the kids up way too much at the moment - Garland, Warnock, Ozzzie, Morton they're all going OK but all have a huge way to go if they are to form the nucleus of a premiership side in 2-4 years. Don't forget we are on 12 losses (beltings) and 2 narrow wins.

If anyone wants to borrow my wet blanket just PM :D

Guest Schtacker
And here we are looking at a guy who's just about nailed a spot in the 22 in just a few weeks.

3 weeks or 26 weeks over 4 years?

He obviously hasnt set the world on fire over his career thus far, but his last 3 weeks since being brought into the team have been good. He's been told by Bailey and co what he needed to fix and improve in his game, and to his credit he appears to have done that. I havent been his greatest fan to date, but if he keeps up his current form then he is in our 22 and hopefully will be for years to come. We need some classy rebounders and CJ could be one of them. Keep it up!