Jeff Kennett

DeeM

Did any one hear this on Triple M, talking about Melbourne how it’s stupid to move to Casey and we should have taken the Lexus centre.

Where does he get off???

Did any one else hear it, I only heard glimpses.

and we should have taken the Lexus centre.

?? since when was that up for grabs..

Dont worry jeff..keep taking 2 orange Ired and a green...you'll be beter soon..poor dear... He's never been the same since he lost his monopoly set !! :lol:

?? since when was that up for grabs..

i believe we were offered to move into the Lexus Centre before Collingwood. Unfortunately our board decided we couldn't afford it, so it was then offered elsewhere, namely Collingwood.

Easy pickings for Jeff..I wear Pissy Shitty jackets, Kennett to fire off.. Strangely we are in the here and now.. No such option exists..we are dealing with what we CAN do..not what didnt happen !! Funny..he's never quite got his head around that concept !!

I'm not even gonna dignify the little pip-squeak with a response.

But interestingly, had we taken the Lexus centre that would be GREAT for me. I could drop in and see them train more often.

Oh well...

I suspect that there's an element of self-preservation in his knocking of Melbourne's proposed move to Casey Fields. The City of Casey lies down the freeway from where the Hawks are establishing themselves at the old VFL Park in Waverley. So right down the line from where the Hawks have a new base there's going to be an AFL club presence in the fastest growing population wedge in the state and one of the three red hot residential growth areas in the country i.e. that part of the world from the City of Greater Dandenong, to the City of Casey across Cardinia Shire and into Gippsland. If we set up there we will be well placed to pinch a lot of potential Hawks supporters because this would otherwise be closest to their territory.

Kennett might look like a dropkick but he's not being dumb here. He's trying to protect his club's territory.

By the way, the two other major growth areas in the country will also soon have an AFL presence by way of the next two clubs - GC17 and WS18. The move to Casey will hopefully reestablish us as M1 so up yours Jeff!

I suspect that there's an element of self-preservation in his knocking of Melbourne's proposed move to Casey Fields. The City of Casey lies down the freeway from where the Hawks are establishing themselves at the old VFL Park in Waverley. So right down the line from where the Hawks have a new base there's going to be an AFL club presence in the fastest growing population wedge in the state and one of the three red hot residential growth areas in the country i.e. that part of the world from the City of Greater Dandenong, to the City of Casey across Cardinia Shire and into Gippsland. If we set up there we will be well placed to pinch a lot of potential Hawks supporters because this would otherwise be closest to their territory.

Kennett might look like a dropkick but he's not being dumb here. He's trying to protect his club's territory.

By the way, the two other major growth areas in the country will also soon have an AFL presence by way of the next two clubs - GC17 and WS18. The move to Casey will hopefully reestablish us as M1 so up yours Jeff!

hehe i like the sound of M1...

Spot on WJ.. I mentioned this flavour in regard to his jibes towards a Tassie team elsewhere ( previously ) same deal.. He's shoring up his turf, or what he thinks is his turf.

Ive got some bad news for him !! We arent going away..in fact we're going to steal all his thunder. Hawthorn wil be as relevant to the expanding SouthEast as a wet fart.

Its almost satisfying to see the jealous smirk wiped from his face

Kennett needs victorian clubs to fold before Tassie get their own team. The Tassie gov't is pushing hard for a permanent AFL club . Hawthorn recieves, correct me if I'm wrong, $3million each year from the Tassie gov't to play a few games a year down there. Kennett knows that without that cash injection they're screwed. Unless 2 melbourne clubs fold or relocate before Tassie is granted a team they will have to move or die.

It's no coincidence the 2 clubs he's had a go at are us and the roos. Keep talking Jeff, you're only digging a bigger hole for yourself, a few more snipes and hopefully Vlad will decide it's time to throw you in it.

Brilliant Jack !

I too like M1, you may be on to something.

Jeff Kennett is right though, we should be at the "lexus centre", not the filth

we dropped the ball immensely there, and have been suffering ever since

We didn't go there because we were deep in debt and couldn't afford to develop anything there. Couple that with the fact that at the same time the State govt were shafting us over our licence application for a pokeys club at Fawkner, which consumed time, effort and money.

And I repeat:

Posted on: May 23 2008, 10:26 AM

Jeff doesn't want Melbourne to develop a presence in Casey. He wants to hog that area for Hawthorn.

Jeff Kennett is right though, we should be at the "lexus centre", not the filth

we dropped the ball immensely there, and have been suffering ever since

It'll turn out a demonsend that we didn't take it. It might have been great for picture opportunities but unlike Casey it wouldn't have given us any new supporters. In a couple of years we'll have a home next door and at the same time we'll be tapping into the third biggest growth corridor in the country. Don't worry about Kennett, he's just doing what he's always done and we all remember what happened the last time he got ahead of himself.