• Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview

Sign in to follow this  
Jumping Jack Clennett

Who wants a child membership?

As an MCC/ MFC premium member ,I am entitled to a membership for a child under 15.

I don’ t have anyone to give it to.

Please send me a personal message if it’s any use to anyone.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

9 minutes ago, Jumping Jack Clennett said:

As an MCC/ MFC premium member ,I am entitled to a membership for a child under 15.

I don’ t have anyone to give it to.

Please send me a personal message if it’s any use to anyone.

PMd

Posted (edited)

My boy (typically) lost his membership card on the way home from the QB game. 

I wrote to the club to get a replacement, promising he hadn’t cooked it in the microwave. 😁

But somebody found it and sent it back to the club, they’re now posting it back to us. Your post plus the kind soul who returned my boy’s card just reinforce my belief that there’s some fair dinkum good people out there still. 

Edited by small but forward
  • Like 12
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Jumping Jack Clennett said:

A three yr old Dee supporter now has become a member!

Poor bastard

• Haha 7

11 minutes ago, small but forward said:

Poor bastard

His timing may be impeccable, as opposed to his dad's (from 1985).

In any case, it's better that, than the alternative - Collingwood. That would be unbearable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, timbo said:

His timing may be impeccable, as opposed to his dad's (from 1985).

In any case, it's better that, than the alternative - Collingwood. That would be unbearable.

Despite the fact he’s only three, he should be able to grasp the concept that if he wants to support the pies, he can go and live wherever he likes.

• Haha 1

As I told my kids - you can follow any team you like, but just be aware that I only offer food and shelter to Melbourne supporters.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Uncle Fester said:

As I told my kids - you can follow any team you like, but just be aware that I only offer food and shelter to Melbourne supporters.

Heh heh heh

The membership team congratulated me on our impending #2 in Oct and I said sadly I may need to avoid (being caught) singing the Grand Old Flag in the depths of the night, in order to avoid marital disharmony, but the membership team indicated they would be willing to help.

Perhaps I should pop for an infant onesie and beanie. All to keep #2 warm of course!

:roos:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, small but forward said:

Despite the fact he’s only three, he should be able to grasp the concept that if he wants to support the pies, he can go and live wherever he likes.

Sadly grandparents live in a very nice coastal retreat which he loves so I don't want to bring out the nuclear option yet lest he call my bluff.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, timbo said:

Heh heh heh

The membership team congratulated me on our impending #2 in Oct and I said sadly I may need to avoid (being caught) singing the Grand Old Flag in the depths of the night, in order to avoid marital disharmony, but the membership team indicated they would be willing to help.

Perhaps I should pop for an infant onesie and beanie. All to keep #2 warm of course!

:roos:

Timbo, my #1 daughter was singing the grand old flag Level 2 in nappies at 18 months (2005 when we actually won a few). You can never start too early!

1 hour ago, small but forward said:

Timbo, my #1 daughter was singing the grand old flag Level 2 in nappies at 18 months (2005 when we actually won a few). You can never start too early!

At 3.

"oh the shark colour and the red colour, keep your eye on the red and the blue"

to be fair he has watched all the 80s guernsey games and watches Octonauts so it's pretty similar to shark colour 😀

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jumping Jack Clennett said:

A three yr old Dee supporter now has become a member!

Love your work Jumping Jack and nice to see the public thanks and recognition from Timbo, I'm sure he was more generous in his PM's.

39 minutes ago, Vogon Poetry said:

Love your work Jumping Jack and nice to see the public thanks and recognition from Timbo, I'm sure he was more generous in his PM's.

Correct. One always must maintain one's decorum in the public arena, one has found.

20 hours ago, Vogon Poetry said:

He was!  Offered me a bottle of wine!

Not accepted, of course!

• Like 1