Lynden Dunn

paddo

I was just flicking through the player profiles in the Demon mag which came in the post today. When I came across Lynden Dunn's profile I was surprised to see that he now weighs 95kg. Surely with his height and size he is now ready to be tested as a KPP.

I was really impressed with how he played on ball late last year, and I think he could develop into a very good tall, rangy on baller. However, considering our lack of agile KPP it could be worth cementing him in a KP.

Someone posted in another thread that Dunn could play on Franklin on Sunday. I think this is a fantastic idea as Dunn would certainly be able to run with him, and I think he would be able to hold his own if Franklin dragged him deep.

Long term, assuming Dunn eventually fills a KP permanently, where might he be best served.

Forward?

Back?

Both?

Interested in people's thoughts.

I still like him as the nominal CHF with Sylvia alongside him and rotating Bate through that sort of position as well. DB is obviously going to have a running game plan, and those mobile tall forwards will be pretty handy. I'm not sure he could handle key back, and Buddy would be a heck of a task first up, but he can definately run through the middle as well, his engine is excellent.

You are severely under-estimating Franklin who admittedly is the most talented KPP in todays league. With Franklin at his best, no-one can stop him so Dunn would just have to hope that Franklin doesn't kick straight. But if you are so keen on comparing capabilities, Franklin is taller, stronger, and quicker.

Round 1, I suggest we play Rivers on him(if he is ready), as well as an extra man in defense such as Meesen who has the height and frame as well as endurance to spoil many contests.

You are severely under-estimating Franklin who admittedly is the most talented KPP in todays league. With Franklin at his best, no-one can stop him so Dunn would just have to hope that Franklin doesn't kick straight. But if you are so keen on comparing capabilities, Franklin is taller, stronger, and quicker.

Round 1, I suggest we play Rivers on him(if he is ready), as well as an extra man in defense such as Meesen who has the height and frame as well as endurance to spoil many contests.

Interesting move Paddo...I've heard many people say the Buddy Franklin hurts you more at ground level then he does in the air, so Dunn's pace would help. That being said I suspect that DB will go with Miller and play Dunn as a forward / midfielder rotation and work on the premise of cutting off supply. Also it would be a huge ask to play Dunn at CHB for the first time on Buddy.

Because Dunn's strength is developing well, I think you've got a point and in time he could be develop into a player that could play CHB.

miller doesnt have the strength in the air or the agility on the ground to go with franklin. if this was the match up he would get smashed.

Yes Deanox, I think Frosty's only hope would be to distract Buddy by showing him his girlfriend's modelling shots...very glam indeed .

HE STILL MIGHT GET THE JOB ;)

With Rivers in the recovery process we don't have a ready made match up for Buddy...few teams do.

It will have to be a team effort to cut down supply and room to manouver...tough gig

You must be taking words out of my mouth because I never "under-estimated" Franklin's abilities. I agree with you that he is the most talented KPP in the game.

But, contrary to what others might be saying, we are very much in a process of rebuilding and I'm all for exposing our youngsters on the game's best players.

Anyways, I don't think Dunn would be disgraced if he played on Franklin. He is really the only logical match-up if Rivers isn't in the team (which seems most likely). He has the height and ground level capabilities.

Yes, he might not be able to match Franklin's pace and strength but what's the harm in giving him a go.

If Rivers doesn't play, then who do you suggest should play on him???

Carroll?

Holland?

Frawley?

I don't think so.

I have been on the Dunn bandwagon for awhile now, but it's amazing how much Dunn love is going around these boards at the moment.

I am hoping he can live up to the expectations that many of us now have for him.

At best, i am envisioning our very own Chad Cornes type player who can go foward, back or win his own ball out of the centre.

With Rivers in the recovery process we don't have a ready made match up for Buddy...few teams do.

Anyways, I don't think Dunn would be disgraced if he played on Franklin. He is really the only logical match-up if Rivers isn't in the team (which seems most likely). He has the height and ground level capabilities.

Yes, he might not be able to match Franklin's pace and strength but what's the harm in giving him a go.

At best, i am envisioning our very own Chad Cornes type player who can go foward, back or win his own ball out of the centre.

ok im back now.

rivers is our best match up for buddy, but i really like the idea of dunn on him. dunn will match him with ground speed, should be able to compete in the air. he might get pushed out of the way in a standing still situation, but that is when you hope you have a third man dropping back into space. if we can force franklin to play wrestlign matches with dunn one on one (not running around) then i think we will have been winning that particular contest.

RE that cornes suggestion, that is exactly what ive been saying/thinking for 12 months now. if he comes on he could be amazing.