Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

LYNDEN DUNN

dazzledavey36

It makes me wonder how on earth did this kid get dropped?

Seriously, for a guy his height he has to be the most versitile players going around! He is pretty quick, has strong hands and also his skills are amazing for a kid this size! He is a future player in years to come.

Go Dunny!

Thought he was very good today, though I'm puzzled as to what his true position eventually will be, it seems they want him to be an Embley type player in the midfield now after playing him at CHF last year.

Great young player though, when you think back the draft we got Bate, Newton and Dunn in is certainly looking as if we did very well.

Thought he was very good today, though I'm puzzled as to what his true position eventually will be, it seems they want him to be an Embley type player in the midfield now after playing him at CHF last year.

Yeah, i'd say they probably would like to mould him into that tall HF/Wingman-type player like an Embley or O'Keefe from the Swans. He looks like he has all the skill sets to get there one day, and will only get better as this season comes to an end.

I've been saying it most of this season, he needs to be given an extended period at CHB, if he bulks up a bit, I really see him as a Chad Cornes rebounding defender capable of playing on the Tredrea's, Halls and Franklins.

He could easily do what Bruce does, and play all over the ground.

IMO his best position is on the wing pushing forward.

Was stiff to get dropped, and should now get the opportunity to play every match for the rest of the season.

With him on the wing and Miller down back, there should be no issue with playing those two alongside Newton, Bate and Neita when he returns.

Yeah, i'd say they probably would like to mould him into that tall HF/Wingman-type player like an Embley or O'Keefe from the Swans. He looks like he has all the skill sets to get there one day, and will only get better as this season comes to an end.

O'keefe is a likeness I approve of. He does some very good work providing a lead in the forward line, I've often seen him be the extra forward that just meant the that opposition defence couldn't cope anymore, so everyone has a day out. I'm glad he's adding a bit of versatility too, because he deserves a spot and so do a couple of his young 'competitors' up forward.

Looks like everyone has a theory of what he'll become.

But we're all agreed he's likely to do well, at least.

Dunn has to play every remaining game, Because I have no doubt he will be in our best 22 in 2008, I would play him as a rebounding defender.

Dunn has to play every remaining game, Because I have no doubt he will be in our best 22 in 2008, I would play him as a rebounding defender.

Just watching the replay and I was wondering if Riley has started the playing of Dunn in the middle? It is a master stroke! Between him, Jones, JMac and then Slyvia and Bate leading up. It looks good for the future!

FB: Frawley ????? ?????

HB: Bell ????? Rivers

C: Petterd Mclean Bartram

HF: Bate ??? Dunn

FF: Sylvia Newton Davey

RR: ????, Jones

This is our future. I don't think Carroll is the fullback we've been waiting for. From this, I conclude that we need to draft potential key position forwards and backmen as well as a ruckmen..but everyone knows we need one of those.

This is our future. I don't think Carroll is the fullback we've been waiting for. From this, I conclude that we need to draft potential key position forwards and backmen as well as a ruckmen..but everyone knows we need one of those.

I haven't thought much of Carroll all year. I too think he is not a full back and doesent really deserve to play there, cept we have noone else. I think Frawley has the ability to play FB personally. Bartram is more a back pocket player too.

Dunn is a GUN

It amazes me that Miller played so many games ahead of Dunn and Newton

Terrible

Carroll isn't the Fullback we've been waiting for, but he's a very good option as the third tall. With Frawley and Rivers providing the smarts, he simply has to close down the less mobile/dangerous tall. I'd put Bartram and Petterd into the back half. We need a Cotchin or similar to add to the midfield ranks and some support for PJ.

Why I can see the similarities between Dunn and players such as Embley, Bruce and O' Keefe, I am hoping (and this is a MASSIVE hope) that Lynden Dunn can follow in the footsteps of Matthew Pavlich. That is, in his younger years when he hasn't got the strength to go with his height, he runs around in the midfield, getting a bit of the ball to boost his confidence and also help him build a big motor so that he can run all day at CHF. After a few years of working in the gym, Lynden Dunn will be big enough and experienced enough to assert himself at CHF.

Matthew Bate can be the lead up forward, like Ryan O' Keefe and Newton can be the team's Full Forward who just operates within the forward 50, like Brendan Fevola (but with a decent attitude.

I would also like to add that I think Davey should go back to doing the simple things up forward. This season it appears as though he thinks he needs to do more than in the past, but you can not underestimate the importance of a small forward both offensively and defensively, look at his brother Alwyn. We don't have too many out and out small forwards and I think the recruiting department should look at trying to draft one with a late pick or rookie list someone.

I think the forward line will look something like this after Neitz retires.

Davey, Newton, Robertson

Bate, Dunn, ???(Possibly Green or Sylvia)

If Dunn could take a contested mark he could be anything but sadly he can't and will never make a KPP untill he develops the skill. It's a pity because we desperately need a FF and CHF and he would have been ideal, so will probably end up being a tall flanker.

we desperately need a FF and CHF and he would have been ideal, so will probably end up being a tall flanker.

Bate and Newton not good enough for you?

Bate is a modern-day CHF. His hands are as good as you're likely to find, he can run all day, he has a huge kick, and he can push into the middle. He is far more versatile and far harder to stop than your traditional, big, one-paced CHF.

Have a look at how many opponents he had on Sunday. If the opposition haven't got a player who is comfortable pushing into the midfield, and can't run all day, they'll struggle to shut down Bater.

I'm happy with the following forward set-up going forward:

Davey Newton Robbo

Sylvia Bate Green

I would love to see the return of Brad Green to the forward line.

As a midfielder, he is average at best, and I'd rather Dunn or Wheatley or Buckley or CJ be given the chance to play on the wing.

The forward line I suggested is not the tallest going around, however, if PJ can continue to work on his over-head marking, he could be rotated through there as well.

I've been saying it most of this season, he needs to be given an extended period at CHB, if he bulks up a bit, I really see him as a Chad Cornes rebounding defender capable of playing on the Tredrea's, Halls and Franklins.

A very astute observation, Sleeve! I said something similar myself in another thread. I would love to see him given a few games in a row at CHB. I think the Chad Cornes comparison is a good one. It never hurts a developing player to play on some good opposition, and there are a few good key forwards around atm. I reckon he might end up a very good utility player similar to Terry Daniher (for those of you old enough to remember him). That guy could play every key position on the ground and also took turns on the ball from time to time. If Dunny turns out half as good we'll end up with a great player.

Lynden Dunn had the 4th best Beep test result at the 2004 draft camp, finishing first out of all KPP's and with just three midfielders doing better than him

Fair effort, and no wonder he is being used on the ball

15 - MELBOURNE - Lynden Dunn

(Calder Cannons), 14 May 1987, 192cm, 90kg

A tall forward/defender, Dunn lifted his rating even further during the TAC Cup finals when he played an important role in the victorious Calder Cannons campaign. And just days after playing in that premiership, Dunn ran a terrific beep test at the 2004 Draft Camp, when he reached level 14.6. It was the best performance from a player of his size at the camp, while he finished fourth overall with only three midfielders ahead of him. It will be another interesting selection for the Demons, considering it is their second of just three selections this year. The Demons are likely to opt for a tall at pick 13 or 15 and Dunn will be right in their thinking. The dilemma for Melbourne is that he is unlikely to last until selection 43, which is the club's final pick in this year's Draft. The Demons rate him highly and may take him at 15, as Hawthorn, Port Adelaide and Geelong are believed to be closely monitoring his whereabouts. It could turn out that one of Egan or Thomson and one of Gibson or Dunn are taken with the Demons picks at 13 and 15.

Bate and Newton not good enough for you?

Bate is a modern-day CHF. His hands are as good as you're likely to find, he can run all day, he has a huge kick, and he can push into the middle. He is far more versatile and far harder to stop than your traditional, big, one-paced CHF.

Have a look at how many opponents he had on Sunday. If the opposition haven't got a player who is comfortable pushing into the midfield, and can't run all day, they'll struggle to shut down Bater.

I'm happy with the following forward set-up going forward:

Davey Newton Robbo

Sylvia Bate Green

I would love to see the return of Brad Green to the forward line.

As a midfielder, he is average at best, and I'd rather Dunn or Wheatley or Buckley or CJ be given the chance to play on the wing.

The forward line I suggested is not the tallest going around, however, if PJ can continue to work on his over-head marking, he could be rotated through there as well.

Well in that case we obviously don't need any more forward kpp's, our search is over.

Well in that case we obviously don't need any more forward kpp's, our search is over.

Well, yes.

The search is over if Bate and Newton keep up their promising form

Yes, that is exactly what I said! :rolleyes:

The search for KPP's will continue in the draft, this year and for years to come.

It would be like saying "we have McLean and Jones, we don't need anymore inside midfielders".

With each draft, we add to the pool of talls, smalls, defenders, midfielders and forwards, because as players retire or leave, we need replacements for them. So we will continue to search for the best KPP's we can find. If we find someone who is better than Bate or Newton, brilliant, if we don't, it's not a reason to slash our wrists.

Going forward, if Newton and Bate can continue to develop, than I'm confident we can cover the loss of Neita.

This weekend we scored our highest score for the year, and Neita wasn't playing. Sure, we played a rabble of a team who has no backline, but the point remains

that we do have avenues for goal besides Neitz.

Perhaps you should read between the lines a little.

Seem to have left Moloney out of the team - he is still young and when up and going another hard nit to run through the centre square.. all dependent upon getting his body right!!

Newton has been impressive and there is a no frills that is good - works hard and seems to be seizing his chance which is all we can ask...

Don't forget Daniher played Dunn up the ground earlier this year and he really struggled. he is a good size, is a good kick and has sold ihands, so the idea of an O'keefe type player would certainly excite.

Matthew Bate has improved this year - his ability to get to contests, sticky fingers and a very penetrating kick will ensure a long future at this club.

Often our kids get overlooked when comparing with other clubs.

Our kids should be the icing on the cake with our senior players being the standouts but this has not been the case and so it has been left ot our babys to do the job!!