POSTGAME: Rd 18 vs Essendon

1 hour ago, old dee said:

Well this completes a perfect sport weekend so far.

Pies lose last night, Dogs win today and Dees tonight. 

Just need Spain to win on Monday morning 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Right???? What tf is wrong with some people????!!!! They must need someone to belittle to make themselves feel big. Seems HP is their guy, for now anyways. Miserable [censored]-ers

I mean I get it, he’s not playing well. He knows it, goody knows it, and after 18 weeks of pregame, game day and postgame threads everyone on demonland knows it. Clearly no one at Casey is rated higher than he is so if he’s fit he’s getting picked. Posting day in day out about how bad he’s going isn’t changing that and it’s getting a bit boring. 

• Like 7
  • Clap 2

Excellent win! A true show of grit hardness and a strong culture. We did the basics better; contest, defense, hardness at the ball. Our leaders were excellent, Viney, Lever, May, Langdon, McDonald, ANB, Melksham all outstanding. The kids are showing a huge amount and we are right in contention without FOUR of our best 22 from last year and at least 2 of our best five players (Gawn, Trac, Brayshaw, Smith, not to mention the forgotten man Spargo).

We have been belted from pillar to post by the media this year and it seems to have infected some supporters on here (and me at times).
We are a SERIOUS football club with flags in all three comps in the last three years, we’ve been in the 8 for 87 of the last 92 weeks including 60 odd weeks in the top 4. We’re in the top 6 for attendance despite being 9th for membership and have enough cash in the bank to FINALLY build a home with stable leadership and a relatively stable board. 

Yep, ruck selection next week will be interesting, yep a few players are below their best. BUT we’ve won three of the last four losing one game by less than a kick (that we should’ve won) and remain in the hunt despite being targeted and having HUGE injury adversity. This is a club to be proud of, let’s keep the negativity to the selection thread and get out there and push back on the [censored] notion that our club lacks culture or is a basket case. We’re serious, we have a flag and we’re in the hunt for more with one of the most talented young lists in the comp and a dedicated caring and underrated senior premiership coach. GO DEES, [censored] THOSE DOCKERS, we owe them one!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Clap 2

5 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

I mean I get it, he’s not playing well. He knows it, goody knows it, and after 18 weeks of pregame, game day and postgame threads everyone on demonland knows it. Clearly no one at Casey is rated higher than he is so if he’s fit he’s getting picked. Posting day in day out about how bad he’s going isn’t changing that and it’s getting a bit boring. 

I don't think a VFL level ruckman would have done worse than him in the ruck tonight. He was terrible but he won't get dropped.

• Facepalm 1
  • Vomit 1

Windsor , Kozzie, Rivers, McVee , Van Rooyen and Langdon have hit some serious form, and Melksham hasn’t missed a beat.

Oliver improving each week.

They seem to have found a new team spirit created by the brilliant kids we have in both character and endeavour . 
Rivers in the middle though F…..g brilliant What a find!

Edited by DeeZee
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

Melksham’s ACL and Maynard being a POS cost us a flag last year. Nobody will convince me otherwise. 

In a nutshell.

Also Petty down at a time when he was the Harry Petty Adelaide were falling over themselves to bring across. He's a shadow of himself this year, for obvious reasons, but people shouldn't forget what he was starting to show in those few games up forward.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Supdeano said:

The win is great, especially over them.

Certainly not the only one here calling out HP's game...

If you want to enjoy it without critiquing things, that's fine. But I'm not going to say that everything is all dandy when it isn't

Oh, I know everything is not “all dandy” but for god’s sake, we just beat Essendon. ESSENDON! Can’t everything else wait until tomorrow?

Unfortunately you’re right about not being alone in “calling out HP’s game” immediately after a stirring win but I’m appealing to you in the hope that you’ll listen, unlike the usuals who I know for sure won’t. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, Bowserpower said:

I don't think a VFL level ruckman would have done worse than him in the ruck tonight. He was terrible but he won't get dropped.

Rough. His game wasn't great but he was basically a sparky being asked to do a plumber's job.

Still a required player unless someone better is willing to reach for the brass ring.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, layzie said:

Rough. His game wasn't great but he was basically a sparky being asked to do a plumber's job.

Still a required player unless someone better is willing to reach for the brass ring.

So you are happy to have a liability in the ruck against Jackson and Darcy? It's not going to work and you can see it coming.

• Facepalm 1

59 minutes ago, Supdeano said:

Certainly not played Petty.

Not after his last few weeks pre injury.

Either JVR sole ruck and have another impactful forward, or a Fullerton/Verrell.

Either of these options would have been more fruitful than Petty, either as a ruck or as a forward option.

I am genuinely worried that JVR will get burned out as an exciting KPF by being required to take the burden of the ruck work.   

MEMO to FullArton, Verrell - Sunday is your opportunity to earn a trip to Perth to debut.  Grasp it if you like??

42 minutes ago, pitmaster said:

Even Bomber fans are saying it. (From bomberblitz.com:)

Umpires gave us 3 goals when the game was truly over
Disgraceful evening up I have ever seen- umpire no 22 take a bow

@@ and ?3 really tried there best in Q4.  Can someone access their SportsBet accounts.

31 minutes ago, Bowserpower said:

Cox is overrated. He's fit but when has he ever shown he can play

Who?

17 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

It is getting boring, but less those mentioned above NB Verrall FullArton get on their bikes Sunday what is the option?

10 minutes ago, Bowserpower said:

Probably won't but who can come up.  I don't want JVR ruined s an important forward by needing to carry the main burden of ruck work.

2 minutes ago, Bowserpower said:

So you are happy to have a liability in the ruck against Jackson and Darcy? It's not going to work and you can see it coming.

Name a better option on current form??  

• Like 1

I’m not worried about JVR , he is a big lump of a lad that loves crashing in.

I don’t think we will burn him out he loves it.

Mark my words, he will be the Key superstar forward we are looking for.

• Like 15

Just watched the replay. Outside of a 5 minute period in the third where he failed to bring the ball to ground and Essendon mopped up 2 v 1 a couple fo times, Petty was fine.

People just have a bias.

JVR was really solid in the ruck and Turner probably played his best game. Super excited about a Disco/JVR tandem for the foreseeable future.

I also think ultimately, Petty will go back and hopefully Jefferson can cement a spot forward.

• Like 7
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Bowserpower said:

I did not think the experiment worked and I've said that a few times in this thread.

The problem is that people with your thinking are happy to demand sweeping changes but never actually come up with any good ones themselves. 

So if Petty, a premiership player is worse than a VFL player and shouldn't be in the 22. Who should be in? What's the answer?

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Binmans PA said:

Just watched the replay. Outside of a 5 minute period in the third where he failed to bring the ball to ground and Essendon mopped up 2 v 1 a couple fo times, Petty was fine.

People just have a bias.

JVR was really solid in the ruck and Turner probably played his best game. Super excited about a Disco/JVR tandem for the foreseeable future.

I also think ultimately, Petty will go back and hopefully Jefferson can cement a spot forward.

I don't know if Petty was fine. 6 touches and two marks is not great.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, layzie said:

I did not think the experiment worked and I've said that a few times in this thread.

The problem is that people with your thinking are happy to demand sweeping changes but never actually come up with any good ones themselves. 

So if Petty, a premiership player is worse than a VFL player and shouldn't be in the 22. Who should be in? What's the answer?

Fullerton should have been in . Jefferson and Verrell could have been worth a try, how do we know if we don't try? Petty was out bodied a lot tonight and it really showed.

Edited by Bowserpower
  • Haha 1
  • Vomit 1

A great win!

With the result was beyond a doubt in the 4th, seeing not a noted sledger in Lingers get stuck into Nik Cox summed up the intensity and competitive spirit within this group ATM

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Bowserpower said:

Fullerton should have been in . Jefferson and Verrell could have been worth a try, how do we know if we don't try? Petty was out bodied a lot tonight and it really showed.

Why do so many people think that the answer lies with developing talls yet to play a game yet?

BTW if you thought Petty was bodied off it a lot tonight then Jefferson would have been suplexed from pillar to post.

I don't know what Fullerton stands for but if they didn't select him tonight it tells you everything you need to know.

I also don't know what we'll do next week for Jackson and Darcy and I reserve the right to not know. The answer probably isn't Petty but it's getting late and I'm tired.

Edited by layzie
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, layzie said:

Why do so many people think that the answer lies with developing talls yet to play a game yet?

BTW if you thought Petty was bodied off it a lot tonight then Jefferson would have been suplexed from pillar to post.

I don't know what Fullerton stands for but if they didn't select him tonight it tells you everything you need to know.

I also don't know what we'll do next week for Jackson and Darcy and I reserve the right to not know. The answer probably isn't Petty but it's getting late and I'm tired.

How will we combat the best ruck combination out there? Fullerton has to be in. If not then we will get done

• Haha 1
  • Vomit 1

Just now, Bowserpower said:

How will we combat the best ruck combination out there? Fullerton has to be in. If not then we will get done

I don't know.

Going to bed.

Go Dees.

• Like 1