Attention Canberra Based Demonlanders, or Anyone Who Might Be In Canberra On the 6th April

hardtack

Apologies in advance, but this is a bit of self promotion for my band Los Romeos Oxidados who will be playing on April 6th from 3-5pm, at a venue in Alinga Street, Canberra City, going by the name of Smith’s Alternative.

This is a big deal for me because it will be my second gig anywhere and my first gig in Canberra, for something like 8 months (we will play in Sydney at the Gasoline Pony in Marrickville, on March 24th from 3pm - for any Sydney based Demonlanders).

These gigs are only possible because after completing 6 months (so far) of fairly intensive chemotherapy for my cancer, I am getting a six week break/reprieve and have arranged for the band to play four gigs, with one in Canberra and three in Sydney (we couldn’t make it to Melbourne unfortunately, due to our rhythm section having other commitments on the only weekend we could have done it - we had a gig offered to us at Brunswick’s Retreat Hotel - my niece’s band The Robbie’s will play instead, supporting a friend of mine’s son, who goes by the name of A Man Called Son). I’ll throw the poster I made for that gig, in the comments as well.

I’ll put links to the Facebook Event page and the Smith’s ticketing page, and add more info about the Sydney gigs, in the comments section.

If you’ve read this far, thanks so much!  Hope to see some of you there… not looking at anyone in particular @Deeoldfart 😉

Now, how do I get Demonlanders (living in Canberra, or elsewhere, to actually view this topic in what has recently been a very quiet forum?  Any ideas Mr @Demonland??

Link to the Facebook Event page for the Smith’s Alternative show:  https://facebook.com/events/s/los-romeos-oxidados-are-dealin/309174975487293/

Link to the Smith’s Alternative web site page for our show and is where tickets can be purchased:  https://www.smithsalternative.com/events/los-romeos-oxidados-84995?d=6%2F04%2F2024+3%3A00%3A00+PM

IMG_1117.jpeg

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 1

The Facebook Event page for our first Sydney gig at Marrickville’s Gasoline Pony on Sunday March 24th from 3pm: https://facebook.com/events/s/the-johnsons-and-beef-jerkys-b/7281283615243423/

For this gig I’ve lined up a bunch of musician friends to sit in as guest players (you’re all probably so young you’ve never heard of them 🤣) and they include Richard Burgman from The Saints and The Sunnyboys, Paul Fields vocalist from The Cockroaches and still (I think) manager of The Wiggles, vocalist Bernie Hayes from The Shout Brothers, Vince Cuscuna, guitarist from The Hitmen DTK, Buffalo, and Psychotic Turnbuckles, among numerous others. I’m a bit worried about how my energy levels will cope, so it’s good to have some quality back-up.

This front man come nut job, Andy Miles, will be our MC for the afternoon:

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/35oDQxUaofdy6QTf/?mibextid=V0ec5v&startTimeMs=18000

IMG_1145.jpeg

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 1

Posters I designed for the remaining two Sydney gigs which are yet to have Facebook Event pages made for them, and my niece’s gig in Brunswick on the 6th April. 

IMG_1114.jpeg

IMG_1116.jpeg

IMG_1115.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

For Sydney based Demonlanders who might have some time on their hands, here is the Facebook Event page, detailing our gig this Sunday the 24th March from 3-8pm - two bands, Los Romeos Oxidados and The Johnsons (aka The Cartwheels), for the price of one, doing 3 and 2 setters respectively. It’s going to be a hoot!

https://www.facebook.com/share/uGKn9T7bmwbnoeXF/?mibextid=9l3rBW

For Canberra based Demonlanders who might have some time on their hands, here is the Facebook Event page, detailing our gig on Saturday the 6th April at Smith’s Alternative in Canberra City from 3-5pm. You’ll get two sets of just us…

https://www.facebook.com/share/zBvAxY2HGqjbahAq/?mibextid=9l3rBW

Edited by hardtack

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.