Best 44

WERRIDEE

Still unclear how BBB is going to get on the park for 12+ games in 2024. He was the forgotten man in 2023 with his marking, leading and accuracy. Media ignored the fact that he was out and it reduced our forward line potency.  His knee injury has been long term issue and we hope we can continue.  If not, list spots are too precious.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Still unclear how BBB is going to get on the park for 12+ games in 2024. He was the forgotten man in 2023 with his marking, leading and accuracy. Media ignored the fact that he was out and it reduced our forward line potency.  His knee injury has been long term issue and we hope we can continue.  If not, list spots are too precious.  

With a healthy Petty, BBB will be in the VFL

Be surprised he doesn't pull the pin earlier 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SthSea22 said:

Put a line through TMac, BBB   

Fullerton will be first in line for a call up if one of Gawn, Petty, van Rooyen go down

Jefferson may play a different role due to the forward depth we have at both levels

Verrall will be 2nd ruck to Fullerton imo

44 minutes ago, SthSea22 said:

With a healthy Petty, BBB will be in the VFL

Be surprised he doesn't pull the pin earlier 

Are we putting a line through BBB or will he be in the VFL - make up your mind.

TMac was playing at the end of 2023, there's no reason why he won't start the 2024 season.

OK if Fullarton is starting VFL ruck and Verrall is 2nd ruck then he'll be in the forward line.

Jefferson is presumably the KPF future, that's why we used a first rounder to draft him, it probably makes sense to play him in that role at Casey.

That still means, like I posted - BBB, TMac, Schache, Fullarton/Verrall,  Smith, Jefferson and KFW - 7 tall forwards at Casey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, old55 said:

Are we putting a line through BBB or will he be in the VFL - make up your mind.

TMac was playing at the end of 2023, there's no reason why he won't start the 2024 season.

OK if Fullarton is starting VFL ruck and Verrall is 2nd ruck then he'll be in the forward line.

Jefferson is presumably the KPF future, that's why we used a first rounder to draft him, it probably makes sense to play him in that role at Casey.

That still means, like I posted - BBB, TMac, Schache, Fullarton/Verrall,  Smith, Jefferson and KFW - 7 tall forwards at Casey.

BBB should retire with TMac 

Fullerton, Schache and Jefferson should get first crack if injuries occur

As for the forward line in VFL - Smith will play down back, Verrall off the bench, Jefferson HF/Wing, Fullerton Ruck/Forward, Schache FF

• Like 2

Best 44 for round 1

B: McVee, May, Lever

HB: Rivers, Tomlinson, Bowey

C: Langdon, Petracca, Hunter

HF: Billings, van Rooyen, Neal-Bullen

F: Fritsch, Petty, McAdam

FOLL: Gawn, Brayshaw, Viney

IC: Salem, Sparrow, Chandler, Spargo

SUB: Woewodin

Casey scratch match

B: Freeman, D.Turner, Adams

HB: Howes, Schache, Leake

C: Steele, Laurie, Windsor

HF: Sestan, McDonald, Moniz-Wakefield

F: Jefferson, B.Brown, Grey

FOLL: Fullerton, White, K.Brown

IC: Verrall, Farris-White, Sheppard, Rookie

INJ: Melksham

SUS: Pickett, Smith, Oliver

Edited by WERRIDEE
  • Thanks 1

Off the top of my head....

FB: Rivers, May, Tomlinson
HB: McVee, Lever, Salem
C: Langdon, Brayshaw, Hunter
HF: Pickett, Petty, Petracca
FF: Fritsch, van Rooyen, McAdam
R: Gawn, Oliver, Viney
I/C: Billings, Bowey, Sparrow, ANB
SUB: Spargo

• No obvious second ruck is a worry, unless they actually view Fullarton as potentially best 22
  • Want SparGod in the side for his kicking but someone like Billings may keep him out as a higher upside option, or Goodies golden boy & future best and fairest winner in ANB
  • Hopefully we see someone like Woey or Howes keep their spot if given the chance
  • Unfortunate that there's no direct competition for Sparrow's spot with a similar type of player, hopefully that changes when picks 6 & 11 have names
  • Chandler still remains an unknown, fell away so badly that you probably couldn't put him in your October best 22... 
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Casey scratch match

B: Freeman, D.Turner, Adams

F: Jefferson, B.Brown, Grey

FOLL: Fullerton, White, K.Brown

IC: Verrall, Farris-White, Sheppard, Rookie

SUS: Pickett, Smith, Oliver

Leake and Windsor named. You've outdone yourself Wezza :roos:

Edited by adonski
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Demonland said:

image.png

Petty won't be lining up on a flank. Melksham will miss most of the year. Other than that it's ok.

• Like 1

BBB might get a look in, in the early rounds due to Smith's expected suspension (league or club imposed). That's if you consider Smith a locked in best 23 when available.

BBB actually played well in the opening 2 rounds of 2022 and 2023, and that's when he might be at his peak fitness, unfortunately.

T Mac looks finished at AFL level. If he appears in more than 5 games next year, he's either had the most unlikeliest career renaissance or our injury list is a shambles 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The end is nigh said:

Can someone please dm me (if it’s to be left publicly unspoken) on a reason Werridee has listed Oliver as suspended? I try to keep on top of all the news and this is the first I’m reading of it. Call me naive if you must but I don’t agree that omission of detail is directly aligned to categoric fact. 

Oliver hasn't been suspended I just think he should be. I put a topic on it before the Pert and Goodwin interview but it got taken off. I'll change it now you sorry about that.

B: McVee, May, Lever

HB: Rivers, Tomlinson, Bowey

C: Langdon, Oliver, Hunter

HF: Petracca, van Rooyen, Neal-Bullen

F: Fritsch, Petty, McAdam

FOLL: Gawn, Brayshaw, Viney

IC: Salem, Sparrow, Billings, Chandler

EMERG: Woewodin, Laurie, Howes

Casey scratch match

B: Freeman, Turner, Adams

F: Jefferson, B, Brown, Grey

FOLL: Fullerton, White, Woewodin

IC: Verrall, Farris-White, K.Brown, Pick 42\ Rookie

SUS: Pickett, Smith

Edited by WERRIDEE
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

key defenders: May Petty* Tomlinson (Adams) 

tall defenders: Lever, D.Turner, Joel Smith*

med/sml/running defenders: Rivers, Bowey, Salem, Mcvee

inside Mids: Petracca, Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw, Sparrow, Laurie 

outside Mids: Langdon, Hunter, Woey jnr, Billings (Howes) (Windsor)

key forwards: JVR, Petty*, BBB#,Tmcd# , Schache, Fullerton (Jefferson) 

tall/med forwards: Fritsch, Joel Smith*, Melksham# (Sestan) 

small/medforwards: ANB, Pickett, Spargo, Chandler, McAdam , (ANW) (Throlstrup)

Rucks: Gawn (Verrell) (Farris-White) 

That’s 42

- plus Kynan Brown as a rookie and 1 more 
- #plus SSP player in preseason as injury replacement for Melksham. 

Edited by spirit of norm smith
C
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

key defenders: May Petty* Tomlinson (Adams) 

tall defenders: Lever, D.Turner, Joel Smith*

med/sml/running defenders: Rivers, Bowey, Salem, Mcvee

inside Mids: Petracca, Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw, Sparrow, Laurie 

outside Mids: Langdon, Hunter, Woey jnr, Billings (Howes) (Windsor)

key forwards: JVR, Petty*, BBB#,Tmcd# , Schache, Fullerton (Jefferson) 

tall/med forwards: Fritsch, Joel Smith*, Melksham# (Sestan) 

small/medforwards: ANB, Pickett, Spargo, Chandler, McAdam , (ANW) (Throlstrup)

Rucks: Gawn (Verrell) (Farris-White) 

That’s 42

- plus Kynan Brown as a rookie and 1 more 
- #plus SSP player in preseason as injury replacement for Melksham. 

I thought the maximum rookie intake is 8? Are you saying we can rookie K.Brown, Hore and another player?

• Thinking 1

On 31/10/2023 at 20:01, adonski said:

Off the top of my head....

FB: Rivers, May, Tomlinson
HB: McVee, Lever, Salem
C: Langdon, Brayshaw, Hunter
HF: Pickett, Petty, Petracca
FF: Fritsch, van Rooyen, McAdam
R: Gawn, Oliver, Viney
I/C: Billings, Bowey, Sparrow, ANB

• No obvious second ruck is a worry, unless they actually view Fullarton as potentially best 22
  • Want SparGod in the side for his kicking but someone like Billings may keep him out as a higher upside option, or Goodies golden boy & future best and fairest winner in ANB
  • Hopefully we see someone like Woey or Howes keep their spot if given the chance
  • Unfortunate that there's no direct competition for Sparrow's spot with a similar type of player, hopefully that changes when picks 6 & 11 have names
  • Chandler still remains an unknown, fell away so badly that you probably couldn't put him in your October best 22... 

Chandler seemed to just run out of puff after a great start to season 2023 - hopefully another preseason will see him last a good deal longer in 2024.

• Thanks 1