TRAINING: Thursday 29th June 2023

picket fence

6 hours ago, Roost it far said:

It appears they've set BBB for a 8 match season. Looked cooked, has knee drained and seems to be moving better. I reckon he'll play this week. Whether it works for us is yet to be seen. From what I've seen of him before the Geelong game he looked done. In the Geelong game he seemed to be moving much better. If he comes in, moves well, takes 6-8 marks and kicks 3 then just maybe he's not cooked just yet. It's pretty clear our whole season is set up only for finals. Nothing else matters. I remain incredibly positive about our chances.

Well, given there are 9 games to go, plus 3 or 4 finals, it's hopefully more than an 8 game season.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Demon_spurs said:

For any intrepid travellers going up to Alice for the game. I have it on good authority (MFC in Alice Springs shopping centre) that Captains run will be at 3:30 Saturday. 

AFL Training Sessions 

ALICE SPRINGS OPEN TRAINING 

Date: Saturday 1 July 

Time: 2:30pm - 4:30pm 

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/teams/training-times

I believe the first hour is a community clinic

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/1366715/demons-to-host-open-training-in-alice-springs

Supporters will get to enjoy a football clinic from 2:30pm, before the players get stuck into game preparation from 3:30pm.

The event, which will occur on Territory Day, will include a number of exciting activities and giveaways including face painting, a free BBQ, a DJ and player signings following the training session.

Edited by kev martin
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

I’m thinking he won’t play all of them 

I would have preferred he played the last 5, plus finals, but I'll trust the FD and fitness team.

Maybe they want to see how he goes the next fortnight and then we know what we're dealing with heading into the last 5.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

6 minutes ago, A F said:

I would have preferred he played the last 5, plus finals, but I'll trust the FD and fitness team.

Maybe they want to see how he goes the next fortnight and then we know what we're dealing with heading into the last 5.

I think Browns a long shot but I was wrong once before about 26 years ago

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Roost it far said:

1 hour ago, A F said:

Are we talking about BBB here or lance franklin in his prime?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kev martin said:

AFL Training Sessions 

ALICE SPRINGS OPEN TRAINING 

Date: Saturday 1 July 

Time: 2:30pm - 4:30pm 

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/teams/training-times

I believe the first hour is a community clinic

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/1366715/demons-to-host-open-training-in-alice-springs

Supporters will get to enjoy a football clinic from 2:30pm, before the players get stuck into game preparation from 3:30pm.

The event, which will occur on Territory Day, will include a number of exciting activities and giveaways including face painting, a free BBQ, a DJ and player signings following the training session.

Territory day, is interesting.  I see the local shops are selling fireworks only on the Saturday for the festivities. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, picket fence said:

These dreams go on when I close my eyes
Every second of the night I live another life
These dreams that sleep when it's cold outside
Every moment I'm awake the further I'm away.

HEART

Oh my God, what a Dream I had last night, several Demonlanders were featured! And before some of you start thinking strange… It wasn’t one of those dreams at all. But it remains vivid and live and the scene was set at my training report at Casey. I arrived and then…………. Came the familiar song

Daht dar dar daaar Dat dar dar Dat the Dat Dar Dut da dar dar Dar …..

Watch the First Trailer for 'Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny' - The  Week In Nerd

And before I knew it there he Was INDIANA JONES Right before my eyes WOW

Quite a whimsical adventure PF.

Much appreciate you heading out to the dead marshes of Casey to bring this report to the DL faithful.

However i believe you might’ve left out the most important part.

The part that started off the whole saga.

You apparently took the hand of some stranger as you slipped in the bog getting out of your car.

A stranger somewhat off his nut who whisked you all the way to the last frontier... the wild lands of W.A.

Where you then spent a little too much time on the choof courtesy of some of McQueen's finest chop!

Harry Potter Magic GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, picket fence said:

The only other intetesting thing was Hibbo ruled out with intetnal laceration but training Thursday??

Goodwin said he can train but can’t do any contact work due to risk of further damage. So essentially he won’t lose fitness but he gets a month off to freshen up before finals. Not the worst. 

• Like 2

On 6/29/2023 at 9:16 PM, KLV said:

Are we talking about BBB here or lance franklin in his prime?

BBB is less of a list clogger than Franklin coz they usually don't pick BBB  and no one says anything

Edited by IRW
  • Facepalm 1