Membership fail

La Dee-vina Comedia

I've recently been on the MFC website looking at my membership profile. Nowhere does it tell me whether my membership is paid up, or when it might expire. I still get MFC emails and I still have a member number which is active.

It turns out my membership had not been renewed. I have auto-renewal with direct debit for my MCC membership and had thought it included the MCC/MFC option, but apparently not. I tried calling the MFC today only to be in a phone queue for quite some time. I've now got it fixed by calling the MCC instead.

Does anyone else find it bizarre that the MFC website can let me access my membership profile yet not tell me whether my membership is paid up or not?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Isn’t this a MCC issue?

Actually, the failure to renew is my mistake, not the MCC's. Where the MFC has failed is that its website does not tell me whether my membership has been renewed or not. I had just assumed it was renewed. The only reason I checked was because I did not receive voting papers for the recent election. Now I know why.

9 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Actually, the failure to renew is my mistake, not the MCC's. Where the MFC has failed is that its website does not tell me whether my membership has been renewed or not. I had just assumed it was renewed. The only reason I checked was because I did not receive voting papers for the recent election. Now I know why.

There's your issue right there.

Captain obvious signing off !!

• Haha 2

Membership account, invoice and payment details are held by ticketmaster (an AFL thing) and is accessed after Login.

I just logged in and saw a complete blank page with the message '403 Forbidden' which I think means I don't have access rights to that page.

I haven't tried to access my account since last season so can't tell if it is my device(pc)/system or something to do with AFL/ticketmaster/mfc systems that denies access.

Would someone else try to login to their account.

I followed this sequence from mfc website:

- Membership

- Login which takes me to the tickemaster website but a blank page and the '403 Forbidden' message.

And report back what happens, please?

TIA

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Shocked 1

The AFL holds all MFC membership information on something called the Archtics platform which is owned by Ticketmaster. When an MCC member is also an MFC member the member's details are passed on to to the AFL which then updates Archtics.

MFC membership staff are looking at this platform as they deal with members.

Re the non-receipt of your voting papers, when the MFC wants to send an email communication to members it runs a query over the Archtics database to generate the required mailing list. Then an email is sent through a platform called TM Engage.

It sounds like something has fallen through re your voting papers during this process.

The bottom line is that the entire process is very clunky and it is not simply a case of the MFC having everything it needs at its fingertips to deal with members.

The mechanics of all this stuff was revealed when the issue of the register of members came up in Court and the Company Secretary had to explain the process.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Membership account, invoice and payment details are held by ticketmaster (an AFL thing) and is accessed after Login.

I just logged in and saw a complete blank page with the message '403 Forbidden' which I think means I don't have access rights to that page.

I haven't tried to access my account since last season so can't tell if it is my device(pc)/system or something to do with AFL/ticketmaster/mfc systems that denies access.

- Membership

- Login which takes me to the tickemaster website but a blank page and the '403 Forbidden' message.

TIA

Quote from Company Secretary's affidavit:

'MFC has access to the Archtics platform through proprietary software that connects to the AFL's server. Only the AFL, MFC and the other clubs can access the Archtics platform'

• Like 1

Thanks Lucifer and Hawk for explaining more. It's still a fail that a person cannot confirm their own membership status online, whosever "fault" it is. I wonder how many MCC members like me think that they are also MFC members when, in fact, they are not. It's too damn hard to check, so why would people bother to do so?

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Hawk the Demon said:

Quote from Company Secretary's affidavit:

'MFC has access to the Archtics platform through proprietary software that connects to the AFL's server. Only the AFL, MFC and the other clubs can access the Archtics platform'

I wasn't suggesting anyone else should have access.

What I described was the standard process of an mfc member accessing their account which is held by ticketmaster, though mfc login.

Have you tried to login?

Edited by Lucifers Hero

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

What I described was the standard process of an mfc member accessing their account which is held by ticketmaster, though mfc login.

Have you tried to login?

what do you get using the mfc app?

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Have you tried to login?

Logged in - no problem. Membership, then enter email, password then details of Membership number and barcodes are provided on the next page....

3 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I've recently been on the MFC website looking at my membership profile. Nowhere does it tell me whether my membership is paid up, or when it might expire. I still get MFC emails and I still have a member number which is active.

It turns out my membership had not been renewed. I have auto-renewal with direct debit for my MCC membership and had thought it included the MCC/MFC option, but apparently not. I tried calling the MFC today only to be in a phone queue for quite some time. I've now got it fixed by calling the MCC instead.

Does anyone else find it bizarre that the MFC website can let me access my membership profile yet not tell me whether my membership is paid up or not?

Not really ..,MCC/MFC membership is generally paid when you pay your MCC membership..the option is there 

2 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

- Membership

TIA

Hi Lucy

It took a while but followed your suggestions and got in. it is a bit confusing as it has details of my 2023 membership but down the bottom of the page it Saks if I want a members pack or plastic card. I have already received my membership pack

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hawk the Demon said:

Logged in - no problem. Membership, then enter email, password then details of Membership number and barcodes are provided on the next page....

Do you see the invoice and payment of your membership?

26 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

agreed, but often there are differences between browser access and an app

I decided to go to my normal ticketmaster account I use for bookings.  They have added a layer of security.  Was able to get in on pc but oddly not via mfc apps on phone or tablet.

All that aside for @La Dee-vina Comediathe invoice and payment details were in the ticketmaster account when accessed via mfc.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Membership is for the calendar year regardless of when in the year you join, I believe

yeah, that's certainly true for game entitlements, but i wondered about such things as rights to vote etc

i'd be a bit peed off if i bought a late membership say in august but couldn't vote in jan, feb. but you're probably spot on

18 hours ago, layzie said:

Yeah I think I've had a similar issue before. It really should have when you are paid up till at least, that site and the app still appear a little clunky at times. 

Do you want to be the one that administers when individual members signed up, given they have tens of thousands of members? 

Why not elect to roll over your membership, rather than wait until August, when you miss much of the benefits of what memberships provide, ie access to home games?

1 hour ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Do you want to be the one that administers when individual members signed up, given they have tens of thousands of members? 

Why not elect to roll over your membership, rather than wait until August, when you miss much of the benefits of what memberships provide, ie access to home games?

I'm sorry but I don't see how this is a hard thing to achieve, there are an abundance of IT and software options within CRM systems that would do this seamlessly. It's not like they have to manually write down dates that members sign up.

However now that I think of it membership has not been for the calendar year in my experience. After we won the flag I tried to buy merchandise with a members discount in early October 2021 and it didn't work. After speaking the club they said I'd need to renew then and there (My usual annual rollover date is approx end of October) to claim the discount. I think it would be worthwhile to at least point this out and membership status in the account details section. 

• Like 2

I don't see how hard it is to understand that when you see a membership that states a year on it that it is a year membership.  It's essentially a season ticket.  The club has options to allow you to roll over year by year, that's the bit that's not that hard.  If you join in August it's for the rest of the season, it is not a 12 month membership from that point, it doesn't get you in games for the first few months of the season up until August, so what does that tell you about the membership? 

What you're saying about the membership discount not being valid in October 2021 doesn't ring true, unless. you were not a member in 2021.  I was able to use my membership to get discounted premiership merch at that stage of the year.

23 hours ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Membership is for the calendar year regardless of when in the year you join, I believe

I thought the AFL season was Oct 1 to September 30.  All player and FD contracts are to EOS ie Sept 30 and that is when the membership roll-overs and renewals can start.  That would make our memberships for the season technically ending Sept 30.

A MCC member might confirm that is the date their membership rolls over...?

It could have changed but that was my understanding.

Not sure what the merchandising situation is between one season ending (Sept) and receiving the next year's membership card (Jan).  My guess is most stores/sites accept the season just ended membership.