2015 Player Review - # 8 Heritier Lumumba

Demonland

• 2 weeks later...

I know this bloke copped it a bit from Fans but go to the MFC website and his interview with Burgs is absolutely brilliant.. Talks about his love for the club and player unity something he never experienced at Collingwood.

He also pumps up our young talent big time. It really is worth having a look. Personally i still think he can play an important role for us next year. Hopefully this year was more of getting used to our system and wil flourish next year.

• Like 1

I know this bloke copped it a bit from Fans but go to the MFC website and his interview with Burgs is absolutely brilliant.. Talks about his love for the club and player unity something he never experienced at Collingwood.

He also pumps up our young talent big time. It really is worth having a look. Personally i still think he can play an important role for us next year. Hopefully this year was more of getting used to our system and wil flourish next year.

I agree Daz.

It must be very difficult for a player to have to come into a completely different outfit and learn a new style and gameplan, as well as adjust to having different types of players around him. H is a talented footballer and I think he'll be a bigger contributor next season. Looking forward to it.

I know this bloke copped it a bit from Fans but go to the MFC website and his interview with Burgs is absolutely brilliant..

It's not a brilliant interview, it's an articulate guy making the usual noise about a lowly club's chances of success citing youth, coaching and the togetherness of the playing group. It's full of excuses. New club my hat. Varcoe, Higgins, Vince, Tyson, Stanley, Beams, Christensen, Robinson, Hunt, Garlett etc etc all went to new clubs and fitted in right away.

New clubs don't mean you don't go for the ball hard, put your body on the line and involve yourself in play. I think H is probably a very nice, intelligent and articulate guy but his season was awful and I saw nothing to suggest next year will be better. He's been a big disappointment and a cuddly interview won't do it for me.

• Like 2

I'd love my employer to bits if he was paying me $500K a year to do sweet FA.

I'd love my employer to bits if he was paying me $500K a year to do sweet FA.

Oh, what a lovely sentiment...

He was genuinely excited for the group over the next few years - always good when someone who has seen great talent tells you that he can see it at the Dees.

He must have earned his pay packet at some point during the year according to the Match Committee coming in 16th in the Bluey.

• Like 3

He was genuinely excited for the group over the next few years - always good when someone who has seen great talent tells you that he can see it at the Dees.

He must have earned his pay packet at some point during the year according to the Match Committee coming in 16th in the Bluey.

Shannon Byrnes and David Rodan said exactly the same things as Lumumba. It's just the normal post season pre season rhetoric that promotes hope and optimism for the future. I'm glad people like it and we all like H lets call a spade a spade. I'm not going to be sucked in by it and I doubt you are either. And I hope and encyclopaedia salesman doesn't rock up to Dazzles house because he'll be the easiest sell in town. Might do them both good particularly if Dazzle ever opened the book. Harry walked into a new employer and he wants us to believe that is a difficult and traumatic experience and impacted his performance. Give me a break. Brayshaw walked in and was better and so was Stretch. They'd never played in the AFL before, H had 199 games experience.

And you reckon he earned his pay packet! 16 in the B&F playing 19 games! Wow you're easy to please. I reckon he's more than our 16th highest paid player. He was a fail this year and I hope he turns it around next year. He finished 4th in the Collingwood B&F the year before so he must be able to play. Let's hope he overcomes his fear of a new employer and gives us some meaningful output next year. On exposed form at MFC he isn't in the best 22.

Shannon Byrnes and David Rodan said exactly the same things as Lumumba. It's just the normal post season pre season rhetoric that promotes hope and optimism for the future. I'm glad people like it and we all like H lets call a spade a spade. I'm not going to be sucked in by it and I doubt you are either. And I hope and encyclopaedia salesman doesn't rock up to Dazzles house because he'll be the easiest sell in town. Might do them both good particularly if Dazzle ever opened the book. Harry walked into a new employer and he wants us to believe that is a difficult and traumatic experience and impacted his performance. Give me a break. Brayshaw walked in and was better and so was Stretch. They'd never played in the AFL before, H had 199 games experience.

And you reckon he earned his pay packet! 16 in the B&F playing 19 games! Wow you're easy to please. I reckon he's more than our 16th highest paid player. He was a fail this year and I hope he turns it around next year. He finished 4th in the Collingwood B&F the year before so he must be able to play. Let's hope he overcomes his fear of a new employer and gives us some meaningful output next year. On exposed form at MFC he isn't in the best 22.

What i got out of all that is how much of a [censored] tool you are.

Big deal if we have heard it before, its genuinely optimisim that for once all supporters (except you obviously) can start to now see the seeds that Roos, Taylor, Viney have sowed starting to come to fruitation. In the past we have all been sucked but skinny little weeds but when you have Roos get ip and say he wants competitors only Brayshaw Tyson Hogan Viney Salem Petracca AVB Harmes all fit that bill. And i have absolutely no doubt they will take a big step in their development next year.

I am sure half of demonland really dont care what negative nancy like you thinks to be honest BB but personally i loved how H described Salem.. Sums up what majority of supporters think of him too. Next time il pm you first before i post a positive messege on here.

Edited by dazzledavey36

What i got out of all that is how much of a [censored] tool you are.

Big deal if we have heard it before, its genuinely optimisim that for once all supporters (except you obviously) can start to now see the seeds that Roos, Taylor, Viney have sowed starting to come to fruitation. In the past we have all been sucked but skinny little weeds but when you have Roos get ip and say he wants competitors only Brayshaw Tyson Hogan Viney Salem Petracca AVB Harmes all fit that bill. And i have absolutely no doubt they will take a big step in their development next year.

I am sure half of demonland really dont care what negative nancy like you thinks to be honest BB but personally i loved how H described Salem.. Sums up what majority of supporters think of him too. Next time il pm you first before i post a positive messege on here.

Oh Dazzle, when challenged you do revert to abuse don't you. Can't handle another persons opinion? Take a chill pill and have a bit of a lie down.

Where have I been negative? I've done nothing but put the interview in perspective rather than fawn over it as if it's some piece of enlightenment. I agree with much of what H says. It's routine stuff coming from a high profile recruit who had a particularly disappointing season. The fact you said "sums up what majority (sic) of supporters think" just highlights how bland the information is.

Anyway lets hope he has a significantly better season next year and that he is right in his optimism.

Edited by Baghdad Bob
  • Like 1

Not sure where you're coming from Bob. I agree that Lumumba has under-performed but I think you're reading too much into that interview in regards to excuse making. At no point did he talk about his own performance he only talked about how challenging it was coming to a new club. From what I've been told he's quite an introvert and a new environment would indeed be quite confronting for him. His praise of our young list, environment and coaching staff seemed genuine. Like you, I hope he improves. That 4th in Collingwood's B & F was surely not fluked. He finished ahead of some pretty handy players. Perhaps the increased midfield time early in the year impacted on his confidence. He rarely played in the midfield at Collingwood and struggled to have an impact when given the job for us. The disappointing part was his failure to settle when returned to a back flank. The best coaches and managers of men appreciate that every player needs to be treated individually and therefore differently - even if they have played 199 games before they get to you. I'm sure our coaching staff learnt as much about Heritier as he did about us this year. I'm confident his output will improve in 2016.

• Like 1

Yeah, I have nothing for you, BB.

People have said enough about his year and I saw no need to continue it after someone had the gall to praise his attitude and love of the club.

If we are on this self-righteous, club-first, financially concerned rant: maybe Jordie McKenzie can give his pay packet to charity because he didn't play at all at AFL level. Few hundred thousand wasted...

Not sure where you're coming from Bob.

Dazzle said it was a "brilliant" interview. I thought it was prosaic. That's where I'm coming from.

I also read the "it was hard going to a new club" line as a reason for his poor form and the headline "I'll be better next year" which seemed to indicate he was disappointed with his year.

If we are on this self-righteous, club-first, financially concerned rant: maybe Jordie McKenzie can give his pay packet to charity because he didn't play at all at AFL level. Few hundred thousand wasted...

Jordie was deemed one quarter by Roos this year having been regularly in the Casey best and Roos continually stating good form had to be rewarded. And Jordie has paid for it. He's lost his spot on the list.

I think probably the biggest problem with Harry...is the rest of the team

What I mean by this is we havent got to the point yet where we really play and run hard forward with BELIEF.....not yet. When we do , and it might start to happen next season as we've seen glimpses , then a player like Lumumba will come into his own.When he strikes out there WILL be options. Often he does and there are none..and then he gets dacked !!

We havent quite caught up with harry..not just yet

Exactly this.

H is cream. We've nearly got the last of the ingredients for the cake. Still has to be baked yet, but there'll be times 2016 that H will have an impact (onfield).

Shame they don't do stats for offield stuff though - I'm sure he'd be top 5 of the Bluey if they did.

Oh Dazzle, when challenged you do revert to abuse don't you. Can't handle another persons opinion? Take a chill pill and have a bit of a lie down.

Where have I been negative? I've done nothing but put the interview in perspective rather than fawn over it as if it's some piece of enlightenment. I agree with much of what H says. It's routine stuff coming from a high profile recruit who had a particularly disappointing season. The fact you said "sums up what majority (sic) of supporters think" just highlights how bland the information is.

Anyway lets hope he has a significantly better season next year and that he is right in his optimism.

You weren't challenging me. You went down the personal attack first so don't be a blatent hypocrit. Was actually looking forward to having a debate but im not gonna waste my time on you.

He had a couple of great performances in the NAB Cup, a couple of decent performances early on in the season, and was terrible in the second half of the year.

I still think he can be an ok player for us for the next couple of years, but must be better than this year. Hopefully the surgeries help.

Maybe his ankle was hampering him especially later in the season.

Hopefully he will be back full or run in time for 2016 season.

Will need a better season if he is to move forward into 2017.

Jordie was deemed one quarter by Roos this year having been regularly in the Casey best and Roos continually stating good form had to be rewarded. And Jordie has paid for it. He's lost his spot on the list.

Well, that is an interesting way of deflecting how your attitude changes toward underperforming members of the list and their value.

So Roos is to blame as to why he didn't play, he was a hypocrite in not playing him, and Jordie has paid the price for Roos' error...

If we are going to treat players, and their worth, equally - Jordie did not forward the cause of the club onfield at all in 2015 and finished in the last handful in the end of season awards. It was a failed, waste of a season.

No-one deserves to be treated like a walking contract, and I wouldn't do the same for Jordie, so just have some self-reflection about what you say about players you simply don't like and how it would be related to those you do like...

• Like 1

Surprised by the negativity coming from BB. I agree with Dazzle, was a very good interview. Seemed far less tentative than his earlier ones. Good to see him looking more comfortable in the red and blue now and sounded honest in the way he's pumping up the talent and culture at the club.

Obviously hope to see more from him on the field next year, but if he was playing with two busted ankles this year then it seems a given. Having had two ankle surgeries this year, they proper [censored] you up.

• Like 2

Not sure where you're coming from Bob. I agree that Lumumba has under-performed but I think you're reading too much into that interview in regards to excuse making. At no point did he talk about his own performance he only talked about how challenging it was coming to a new club. From what I've been told he's quite an introvert and a new environment would indeed be quite confronting for him. His praise of our young list, environment and coaching staff seemed genuine. Like you, I hope he improves. That 4th in Collingwood's B & F was surely not fluked. He finished ahead of some pretty handy players. Perhaps the increased midfield time early in the year impacted on his confidence. He rarely played in the midfield at Collingwood and struggled to have an impact when given the job for us. The disappointing part was his failure to settle when returned to a back flank. The best coaches and managers of men appreciate that every player needs to be treated individually and therefore differently - even if they have played 199 games before they get to you. I'm sure our coaching staff learnt as much about Heritier as he did about us this year. I'm confident his output will improve in 2016.

Im predicting a stellar year from ol Harry. I think he'l lfind some of his old form and together as some of the list step up we'll be in for a treat with some very exciting and positive footy...how many wins?.. couldnt tell ya..

I just sense Harry is one of those infectious types...he plays well , others will play better.

He's a well spoken bloke Heretier. It was very interesting to hear what his impressions of the club were.