Rookie List Promotion?

Lucifers Hero

At 17 I was 163cm and 80kg. At 20 I was 185cm and 85kg. Some people develop late.

Jayden Hunt grew 11cm from year 11 - year 12 and was one of the major reasons Paul Roos/recruiting team looked at him

Sharing the assumption that van Demon will be elevated pronto, the second elevation still remains in limbo. I expect that King will be left to mature and learn his trade at Casey this season, so if there is to be an elevation it's out of Harmes and White. I suspect that Harmes is under the greater pressure to shape up this year if he's still to be with us in 2016.

• Like 1

wow! that is [censored] incredible (unless you had a typo)

did you go on a paleo diet or visit mr danks?

No, I was just a late developer. Not even shaving at 19.

wow! that is [censored] incredible (unless you had a typo)

did you go on a paleo diet or visit mr danks?

I was similar... went from 165cm at 17 to 188cm at 19.

I was similar... went from 165cm at 17 to 188cm at 19.

hmm.... nearly 10" on the old scale in one year and at that age.....amazing

that would have to be very exceptional, though mandee did similar

it must have been an incredible feeling for you to go from runt to giant

• Like 1

It was actually a bit of a nightmare (although closer to 2 than 1 year)... I still clearly remember the feeling of occasionally waking during the night in tears from the growing pains; there was absolutely nothing that could be done to relieve them..

My oldest son will fortunately miss out on that, being already nearly as tall as me at having just turned16 years of age 2 weeks ago... but I get the feeling my youngest son will not be so lucky... his feet are growing but he's not getting noticeably taller...he'll end up looking like a clown with those feet (I had to buy him new footy boots the other week and when I put them against last year's, they were almost 2 inches longer!).

A bit awkward at times, took a while to work out where my feet were. The best bit was bumping into old school friends. WTF happened to you?

A welcome bit of versatility. Height, speed, size, skills, composure, defensive ability.

Off topic, but I've only just got he meaning of your user handle.

Classic.

• Like 1

Off topic, but I've only just got he meaning of your user handle.

Classic.

What, you mean you only just figured out it means "Brayshaw's Elf" - the poster is obviously a big Tolkein/LotR fan

Growing pains are the worst

I went from 156 cm - 185 cm in 5 months

Absolute agony every morning from growing pains

you're the new dl growth spurt champion, tingles. one foot in 5 months - can't see that being beaten

i'd always thought "growth pains" was more about emotional changes. didn't realise it was physical for very fast height changes.....interesting

my brother had a bit of a spurt at 14 (nothing like yours or the above) and the only thing i remember is that he both broke arms at the same time lifting weights. they just said chalky bones that hadn't fully set.

• Like 1

you're the new dl growth spurt champion, tingles. one foot in 5 months - can't see that being beaten

i'd always thought "growth pains" was more about emotional changes. didn't realise it was physical for very fast height changes.....interesting

my brother had a bit of a spurt at 14 (nothing like yours or the above) and the only thing i remember is that he both broke arms at the same time lifting weights. they just said chalky bones that hadn't fully set.

Not quite the spurt Tingles had, but I went from the smallest boy in my year 11 class in Feb to the tallest by Sept. Something around 10 inches in that time.

not sure of reality measures but with a mother at 5 foot and dad @5'7 i was destined to be a jockey.

Always had to sit in front of class at photo time sometimes almost obscured by the sign I was holding.

Footy was out of the question as I was also slow. But could go all day good build for cross country.

Also was steered to baseball as the sport had a special position just for me, and had no strike zone as shoulders and knees were so close together.

I was under 5 foot in matric (year 12) Cant remember growing pains but remember economic pain as I started to grow as soon as I was out of folks care and had to buy new clothes and shoes for work. Was one of the few kids with an account at the shoe shop and clothes store as I was upgrading clothes faster than my salary.

Im still not a giant at 5'9 but tower over dad

• Like 1

At-a-boy... if the bar isn't bending you're just pretending!!!