Patrick Dangerfield

Demonsterative

It has become clear that we are closing in on Danger. It would appear that all that is now required is for Roos and the MFC to convince Danger to pick us. I find Roos' comments very interesting. Him acknowledging that we are pursuing Danger is massive in my book. Last year I was told absolutely at about Round 8 by a board member that Roos would be our coach in 2014. This was then confirmed and reconfirmed to me for the remainder of the season. I watched on as Roos dismissed, then denied, then slowly and methodically pretended to gain interest in coaching us. Danger failing to commit to Adelaide, Adelaide opening up the potential of a Danger trade and Roos acknowledging MFC interest is telling. Considering we can offer Adelaide the best deal and Danger the most money we have to be a very good chance of landing him. As I said all that is left is to convince Danger.

Edited by Grand New Flag
  • Like 15

With Goodwin and Vince around, surely we're the more appealing club....right?

This could be wishful thinking, but, if we were to look more appealing than the filth then there is no better time than now. Players are leaving Collingwood, guys like Swan are close to retirement and there isn't a great feel about the club as a whole. While our results on and off the field don't stack up as much we do have stability, Paul Roos and a good Crows connection. I feel slightly confident we could trump the Pies IF they officially enter the race for his services.

It has become clear that we are closing in on Danger. It would appear that all that is now required is for Roos and the MFC to convince Danger to pick us. I find Roos' comments very interesting. Him acknowledging that we are pursuing Danger is massive in my book. Last year I was told absolutely at about Round 8 by a board member that Roos would be our coach in 2014. This was then confirmed and reconfirmed to be for the remainder of the season. I watched on as Roos dismissed, then denied, then slowing and methodically pretended to gain interest in coaching us. Danger failing to commit to Adelaide, Adelaide opening up the potential of a Danger trade and Roos acknowledging MFC interest is telling. Considering we can offer Adelaide the best deal and Danger the most money we have to be a very good chance of landing him. As I said all that is left is to convince Danger.

I'm wondering in which context Roos made the comments. Did he seek out the reporter? Was it a scheduled presser where he was naturally asked the question, at which point he acknowledged that any club would be stupid not to look at Danger... All very exciting nonetheless.

Certainly got to help that Goodwin is in our corner now.

They way I see it, if the club is hell bent on a trade and they agree to terms then usually the player ends up agreeing to it. Honestly, Adelaide was forcing Bernie Vince out the door, and he did NOT want to leave Adelaide. Listening to him on Adelaide Radio when it was officially announced he was being traded he sounded gutted and wanted to make sure he all the Adelaide supporters knew he was being forced out and it wasn't something he wanted to do. If a bloke like Vince who was born and bred in Adelaide, his whole family there, best mates with Tex Walker could be finally convinced to be traded, then I have no doubt with the higher currency we will be offering Dangerfield and the high picks to Adelaide, we will get this done.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-recruit-bernie-vince-says-he-didnt-want-to-leave-adelaide/story-fni5f4l8-1226752308426?nk=4c971dd5d966e414ddc06a9a723ca9bf

"“They let me know even if I had a stand-out season next year they weren’t going to re-sign me any further,” said Vince, who would have left the Crows in October as a free agent. "

I feel this will be the same situation with Danger. Adelaide will move heaven and earth to get him to agree to be traded to Melbourne before he becomes a free agent, much like Vince.

Interesting comments from partyboy.

I heard yesterday at the golf club that he is definately open to a trade. So it comes down to who can offr the most in return plus money versus quick success.

saints have pick one. Im sure most clubs would have a crack. No guarantees it will be us sadly unless goodwin, roos and vince are attractive to him.

carlton are also another possibility.

PartyBoy piped up about Goodwin after it publicly known that we were in discussions to appoint him as senior assistant.

Effectively, he took a free swing at a fast ball and connected.

He might not be as lucky this time.

I try and give the heads up on a few things and all you're worried about is whether I knew before the fact or not.

Goodwin was a done deal a looooong time ago...

Dangerfield is moving, but not to Melbourne.

Batter up

• Like 2

I try and give the heads up on a few things and all you're worried about is whether I knew before the fact or not.

Batter up

I think he was justifiably trying to understand your reliability as a source old boy, with only 26 posts its not like you have an established pedigree.

No need to fire up..

Batter up

I do enjoy the irony that GNF is lauded as a God around here (and rightly so, I love him too, ha ha!) because he brings good news... but the moment you bring some bad news to the table it's automatically brushed off completely and there is no facts in it.

Time will tell I guess.

• Like 3

Batter up

You're 1 from 1.

You are not GNF

Pipe down.

I think it helps us to get a better deal with Adelaide if Danger still needs to be sold on coming to MFC.

As far as the Crows know.

We'll offer the best deal, by far.

If he is deadset on coming to us, Adelaide focus on making sure we give up as much as possible.

If he's unsure but deadset on leaving, they take the best deal they can get, which will be ours.

We stay strong in our position of what we will relinquish for him.

We only budge if serious offers come from elsewhere, which we'll know about because the Crows will ask him how he feels about going to "X" and he'll pass that info onto us.

We'll also likely offer Danger more money than he can get elsewhere.

• Like 2

Party Boy seems to be 2 from 2........Danger is exactly what we need. Wont solve all our problems but would help Viney and Tyson walk tall in the middle. Add Hogan and another tall back and we would be heading in the right direction. Hopefully Billy Stretch can step in once ready and take on the role that Toumpas was supposed too.

• Like 1

Batter up

Right.

Does that mean he has knocked back MFC, but is still undecided?

Or that he has definitively chosen another destination?

If partyboy's source was club based then its unlikely they would have flattly given up on danger given what we can offer in terms of trade and coin unless danger had emphatically asked not to go to dees.

if partyboy's sourve was agent or recruiter based tjen probably more believable but he hasnt confitmed whether he knows tjis as fact or his opinion.

I thought I was being pretty clear. My initial post was clearly a poor attempt at humour. The quote attributed to Roos suggests that he hasn't personally spoken to Dangerfield. Having endured the Scully, Clark and Frawley sagas it's pretty clear all key footy people are now well versed in double-speak and deception. That's all I was suggesting. I've been on Demonland forever. I don't think I've ever had a source!

Whether you've got a source or not, the point is well made. What's not said is at least as important as what's said.

Some people are just too stupid to figure out for themselves who they should listen to, and who they shouldn't...

I'll listen to whoever tells me the news that pleases me the most.

• Like 12

Should we bid 2 on Moore? Is he worth that pick?

No....Dees are well into Brayshaw if we use either of the picks. Petracca is the obvious one, but that ship has sailed as the saints are likely to take him or trade the right to him. GWS are the most likely to move players and probably pick 4 for the right to pick Petracca. Wont pick McCartin if he slides to their pick 4. We are unlikely too either. Who ever gets their hands on picks 2 and 3 are likely to have access to McCartin and Wright.

• Like 1

It has become clear that we are closing in on Danger. It would appear that all that is now required is for Roos and the MFC to convince Danger to pick us. I find Roos' comments very interesting. Him acknowledging that we are pursuing Danger is massive in my book. Last year I was told absolutely at about Round 8 by a board member that Roos would be our coach in 2014. This was then confirmed and reconfirmed to me for the remainder of the season. I watched on as Roos dismissed, then denied, then slowly and methodically pretended to gain interest in coaching us. Danger failing to commit to Adelaide, Adelaide opening up the potential of a Danger trade and Roos acknowledging MFC interest is telling. Considering we can offer Adelaide the best deal and Danger the most money we have to be a very good chance of landing him. As I said all that is left is to convince Danger.

cheers GNF

Dunno why everyones discussing partyboys post, this is the good oil right here