Post Match Discussion - Round 8

Demonland

Yep. He kept Dahlhaus as quiet as I can remember seeing him. A good game, played his role and beat his opponent.

Sorry, I wasn't keeping a close eye on the Jetta v Dahlhaus match up, but I did notice Dahlhaus had the most touches on the ground for most of the first half and finished with a respectable 22 touches. So we're saying Jetta played well because he kept Dahlhaus goalless? I thought Jetta was terrific against Adelaide and passable against the Swans and GCS. I thought he struggled on Saturday night.

Just getting a tad ahead of yourself saying he's as valuable as anyone on the list.

Not to downplay the excellent job he did on Betts, but generally speaking I think Jones and Tyson rank slightly ahead of Nev Jetta.

In responding to master's post you didn't address any of the points he made. Not one. You insulted him, and then summised with "Jetta is playing a role".

This is YOUR issue mate. No-one else's. You see every critique as "negativity for the sake of it", when quite often it is nothing but people on a football forum expressing their observations and seeking feedback from fellow supporters, in the hope that they won't be insulted for doing so.

I think saying Jetta is as valuable a player we have after he's played 4 games, after being on the brink of delisting, is jumping the gun just a tad. It wasn't meant to be snide, just fact. We need to keep praise in perspective so that it doesn't lose value.

He has played his shut down role well. Hopefully the expansions to his game that master alluded to will come.

Interesting you use Tyson as an example.

He's played 8 games for us. Probably 4 good games. He got subbed out 2 weeks ago.

I think in context Nev's been as good or better.

That's not a knock on Tyson.

But a bloke does what he's asked to do & does it well, he's just as important as any other player doing the same.

Interesting reading this thread....We did play some good footy last saturday....BUT not once during the game did i think we we would win....which was most annoying as Footscray have a short backline and no key forwards..

I'm surprised to read that, because the only time in the game where I thought we wouldn't win were the first five minutes and the final three. Aside from those eight minutes, I always felt confidant that we'd break through like we were threatening to do all night.

• Like 2

I'm surprised to read that, because the only time in the game where I thought we wouldn't win were the first five minutes and the final three. Aside from those eight minutes, I always felt confidant that we'd break through like we were threatening to do all night.

I agree, i felt a few lucky frees were the only thing keeping them infront for most of the game, we just kept coming, then the free against Dunn took the wind out of our sails abit

• Like 1

In responding to master's post you didn't address any of the points he made. Not one. You insulted him, and then summised with "Jetta is playing a role".

This is YOUR issue mate. No-one else's. You see every critique as "negativity for the sake of it", when quite often it is nothing but people on a football forum expressing their observations and seeking feedback from fellow supporters, in the hope that they won't be insulted for doing so.

I think saying Jetta is as valuable a player we have after he's played 4 games, after being on the brink of delisting, is jumping the gun just a tad. It wasn't meant to be snide, just fact. We need to keep praise in perspective so that it doesn't lose value.

He has played his shut down role well. Hopefully the expansions to his game that master alluded to will come.

The master didn't make a point, it was pure negativity, as for seeking feedback there is a certain group of posters on here that seek nothing of the sort, they express an 'opinion' and assume that everybody else will agree with it, and when it doesn't they go on and on as if to beat the rest into submission....your opinion is 'jumping the gun' , it is an opinion not a fact, I don't have to agree with it, I regard Nev playing his role as making him a valuable member of the team, and for your information I have been reliably informed that it was always the intention to rookie Nev, in the hope he could finally get a full pre season (which he did), put his head down and work (which he did) and get a chance to show he is more than capable of being an AFL player (which at the moment he is)

I support the players, which is more than can be said for some on here, I get as disappointed at the rest if you see a players not performing his role or playing to the max, but Roos sorts that out, not me, so I find it rather pointless posting negativity........

You can argue good decision or bad decision but if they paid the cross decision then Byrnes should have got one as well.

I thought it was against Cross and he does really open himself up for that rule by diving on the ball a bit to much but as you say in the name of consistency Byrnes should have got one as well.

Interesting you use Tyson as an example.

He's played 8 games for us. Probably 4 good games. He got subbed out 2 weeks ago.

I think in context Nev's been as good or better.

That's not a knock on Tyson.

But a bloke does what he's asked to do & does it well, he's just as important as any other player doing the same.

Roos admitted he made a mistake in subbing out Tyson.

In context, out of context, any context - for under 20 games Tyson has been a revelation. No knock on Jetta ..but please,,,,,,

• Like 1

I thought it was against Cross and he does really open himself up for that rule by diving on the ball a bit to much but as you say in the name of consistency Byrnes should have got one as well.

pay both...pay none - dont care - just consistency

• Like 3

Footscray always answered when we scored....We couldn't pull away....Should have but didn't.

• Like 3

I'm with WYL. We didn't really look like it all night. It's amazing (paradoxically) that we should have won it. We kept having to come from behind and every time we kicked one or two to even the score or get in front by one, the Bulldogs would answer with the simplest or arse-iest of goals. In this respect, it's very promising that we could match it with a team that is ahead of us development wise, with an up and coming midfield, who smashed us in the tackle count.

In a year, we win that game. Our disposal efficiency will improve and you'll see those missed opportunities in the last being converted.

Edited by AdamFarr

The master didn't make a point, it was pure negativity, as for seeking feedback there is a certain group of posters on here that seek nothing of the sort, they express an 'opinion' and assume that everybody else will agree with it, and when it doesn't they go on and on as if to beat the rest into submission....your opinion is 'jumping the gun' , it is an opinion not a fact, I don't have to agree with it, I regard Nev playing his role as making him a valuable member of the team, and for your information I have been reliably informed that it was always the intention to rookie Nev, in the hope he could finally get a full pre season (which he did), put his head down and work (which he did) and get a chance to show he is more than capable of being an AFL player (which at the moment he is)

I support the players, which is more than can be said for some on here, I get as disappointed at the rest if you see a players not performing his role or playing to the max, but Roos sorts that out, not me, so I find it rather pointless posting negativity........

In your opinion...

It really is pointless having these discussions with you because you wilfully overlook fundamental points being made. Last post cause I really can't be bothered with you when you carry on like this.

For the third time now, I agree he is a valuable member of the team. All I said was that we should steady on in calling him as valuable a player as we have. Once you start endorsing those kind of statements, others can become meaningless. Is Nathan Jones more valuable than Neviille Jetta? Of course he bloody is.

master's points if you dissect his post, whilst harshly expressed, were:

Point 1: I still think he just lacks interest in being a difference maker (which he can be)

Point 2: a passenger until he gets a one on one contest (which he often wins and does well in) or until he can tackle someone.

Point 3: I really wish he had the fitness to be a midfielder and tag at times.

Point 4: At the moment you have to put him on the best forward from the other team because he only seems to rise to a challenge

You addressed NONE of these. You did what you always do. Take it as some sort of bizarre personal affront and insult the poster.

You want to be a self appointed representative of the players? Start acting like one.

Edited by P-man
  • Like 2

did we....

did we really ?

I only ask because if we had we could have/would have put it to bed. So my thinkings suggest we didnt.

We were definitely in the game but we didnt have all bases loaded ( or covered ) At the meerest slip, the slightest opening they got away. Yes we're far better but we DIDNT have this game. We just need to realise this imho

Dodgy frees, hit the post twice. They kicked them out of their backsides. The Cross free to Williams (goal) was a disgrace. The Dunn free to Crameri was a disgrace. We had it in our grasp.

• Like 1

It really is pointless having these discussions with you because you wilfully overlook fundamental points being made. Last post cause I really can't be bothered with you when you carry on like this.

For the third time now, I agree he is a valuable member of the team. All I said was that we should steady on in calling him as valuable a player as we have. Once you start endorsing those kind of statements, others can become meaningless. Is Nathan Jones more valuable than Neviille Jetta? Of course he bloody is.

master's points if you dissect his post, whilst harshly expressed, were:

Point 1: I still think he just lacks interest in being a difference maker (which he can be)

Point 2: a passenger until he gets a one on one contest (which he often wins and does well in) or until he can tackle someone.

Point 3: I really wish he had the fitness to be a midfielder and tag at times.

Point 4: At the moment you have to put him on the best forward from the other team because he only seems to rise to a challenge

You addressed NONE of these. You did what you always do. Take it as some sort of bizarre personal affront and insult the poster.

You want to be a self appointed representative of the players? Start acting like one.

Sorry your worship, I am not the self appointed representative of the players, same as you are not the self appointed representative of everything that is posted is correct and needs answering in a certain way, it's a forum

Yep, Saty is back in form. It took 8 weeks. We got glimpses every now and then but we are back to our regularly scheduled programming.

By the way, where did you go for those 6 months after Neeld was sacked?

is it sad that i am still angry/shattered that we didn't win?

No, i feel the same.

I think we were all hoping this could be a break through game for us to win two in a row, although we performed well,getting so close and not winning did hurt,because we now expect more and are really craving success.

• Like 3

Yep, Saty is back in form. It took 8 weeks. We got glimpses every now and then but we are back to our regularly scheduled programming.

By the way, where did you go for those 6 months after Neeld was sacked?

Thank you for you kind thoughts, I just get bored with some of the comedians on here, yes you get a guernsey, I tend not to read your posts and a few others, but it is a slow day in work, so I thought why the hell not, I find it entertaining now again, a battle of wits with unarmed men........it would make a pleasant change if some when reviewing the game or players either a. make sure they are facing the green bit, or b. stay away from the alcohol....interesting that opinions in the hands or heads of some become facts, yet others don't, don't wish to derail the topic further suffice to say nobody will change MY OPINION of Nev Jetta's value to the team at the moment

Sorry your worship, I am not the self appointed representative of the players, same as you are not the self appointed representative of everything that is posted is correct and needs answering in a certain way, it's a forum

So now it's a forum, where we're all allowed to express our opinions is it? Wow, you like to change your tune, Saty.

Groan... How many times do I have to hear that line about 'a battle of wits with unarmed men'?

Truth be told you should be one of the most respected members on this board with all the volunteer work you do for the club.

Unfortunately though, your need to pot anyone who wishes to not pump up the tyres of everyone at the club is tiresome in the extreme. Your posts and behavior on this board last year reminded me of the character Scotty in Boogie Nights (played by the late and lamented Philip Seymour Hoffman). No matter how destructive the club's behavior was, you were there telling us how what it was doing was actually great. Anyone who has seen that film will know exactly what I mean.

I don't see how P-Man is being overly harsh on Nev. As was said earlier, he got delisted. He is doing a great job in the role he has but to say he is as valuable as anyone in the club might be a stretch. I don't see how this is being negative. I am sure if you asked Nev himself, he would say no different. I'm sure you will advertise ad nauseum the fact that you do talk to Nev.

When will you be able to accept 'yes' for an answer? Most of us this year on here have been pretty upbeat about our improvement. We know we have a way to go but we are generally on the right track. The vitriol that you prattle on about (which a lot of is caused by your musings) is a fraction of what it was last year. For the record, a lot of the criticism last year was valid. This year over the top ranting is not (and I have expressed as much in other threads).

Perhaps if you don't want to be a target of comedians, maybe you should stop providing them with so much comedic material?

Edit: I will ask again. Where did you go last year when Neeld got sacked?

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

Groan... How many times do I have to hear that line about 'a battle of wits with unarmed men'?

Truth be told you should be one of the most respected members on this board with all the volunteer work you do for the club.

Unfortunately though, your need to pot anyone who wishes to not pump up the tyres of everyone at the club is tiresome in the extreme. Your posts and behavior on this board last year reminded me of the character Scotty in Boogie Nights (played by the late and lamented Philip Seymour Hoffman). No matter how destructive the club's behavior was, you were there telling us how what it was doing was actually great. Anyone who has seen that film will know exactly what I mean.

I don't see how P-Man is being overly harsh on Nev. As was said earlier, he got delisted. He is doing a great job in the role he has but to say he is as valuable as anyone in the club might be a stretch. I don't see how this is being negative. I am sure if you asked Nev himself, he would say no different. I'm sure you will advertise ad nauseum the fact that you do talk to Nev.

When will you be able to accept 'yes' for an answer? Most of us this year on here have been pretty upbeat about our improvement. We know we have a way to go but we are generally on the right track. The vitriol that you prattle on about (which a lot of is caused by your musings) is a fraction of what it was last year. For the record, a lot of the criticism last year was valid. This year over the top ranting is not (and I have expressed as much in other threads).

Perhaps if you don't want to be a target of comedians, maybe you should stop providing them with so much comedic material?

Edit: I will ask again. Where did you go last year when Neeld got sacked?

Far too much logic Colin......

CFB and WYLGee you two are boring, you make the posts about me when I respond, why because I disagree with your opinions, everybody can have an opinion, but stick your head above the parapet and you will get shot at if the opinion is not agreed with, that is the problem you two seem to have...I don't mind my opinions being disagreed with and hopefully we will have some healthy debate, but no, it gets personal, so I respond in a manner you understand......get this....you are not always right, and neither am I but I don't mind being proved wrong, and I put my hand up when I am, rather than my head up my arse like some on this board

CFB and WYLGee you two are boring, you make the posts about me when I respond, why because I disagree with your opinions, everybody can have an opinion, but stick your head above the parapet and you will get shot at if the opinion is not agreed with, that is the problem you two seem to have...I don't mind my opinions being disagreed with and hopefully we will have some healthy debate, but no, it gets personal, so I respond in a manner you understand......get this....you are not always right, and neither am I but I don't mind being proved wrong, and I put my hand up when I am, rather than my head up my arse like some on this board

Question again: Where did you go for those six months after Neeld was sacked? (so much for admitting you were wrong).

Huh?

You went from 'They don't understand why their 'traning form isn't replicating in games' to 'let's all get behind the new coach' with a very small bridge.

All I remember were some platitudes towards the rumblings we all now know about under Neeld - at the time you jumped down throats (personally by the way, so that's a two way street) whenever someone would allude to issues between Neeld and the players.

• Like 1

Question again: Where did you go for those six months after Neeld was sacked? (so much for admitting you were wrong).

What do you mean where did I go, I am still here aren't I, I do have a life you know, not trapped behind the keyboard, can't let the Neeld thing go can you, as explained many eons ago, you support the incumbents in the positions whilst they are there, you can debate the rights and wrongs of what occurs and offer an opinion, then when it all goes pear shaped, you can become the hindsight king and proclaim from the mountaintops "see I was right all along", bully for you.........it's the past, move on, we have a team finally going places (or so it seems), you never know it might suddenly all go pear shaped again, then what?