AGM

dee-eee

No Colin and WYL, just it's HISTORY...or don't you have a sense of relevance if you can't keep dragging up the past...let it go....mistakes have been made...hopefully this year will be different...hope so...I just don't like posters bagging just for the sake of it...make you feel less inadequate...if that's what you do it for then I feel sorry for you

fairweather supporters jumping off...less membership money, less gate receipts, less merchandise, less sponsorship money...which bit don't you get...sorry forgot facts against vitriol again

dream on in your little bubble Satyr.

"Nothing to see here...You can all go home"

A few mistakes were made.

The club nearly died more like it.

• Like 1

dream on in your little bubble Satyr.

"Nothing to see here...You can all go home"

A few mistakes were made.

The club nearly died more like it.

I wouldn't get too worried mate. When he went on one of his little rants last year when he found something he didn't like in one of the posts, I just used to remind myself of the following: how many things has he actually gotten right? While some of the doomsayers and general atmosphere of negativity were a bit over the top last year as Sue said, I think most of the more moderate posters whom he dismissed as fair weather or uninformed were basically validated when PJ read the riot act at Neeldy's press conference. I found it rather telling that Saty's reign of terror temporarily ended on that day as he could no longer tell us that everyone was behind Neeld, all at the club thought we were on the right track and that we were just a bunch of uncommitted, uninformed, disloyal whingers.(I wonder where he went for those 6 months?)

In the end, you just can't argue with people that the sky is blue when they insist it's pink and filled with marshmallows and populated by flying unicorns so why bother?

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

The use of "fair weather supporters" might be a bit misguided but I think I know what he means and I wouldn't be getting too carried away with the adulation of PJ just yet. Since he took up his appointment on May 1, 2013 we have won just the single game. If things don't work out well and we perform the way some of the pessimists around here are suggesting and we start losing money, fickle posters like WYL will be on him like a ton of bricks.

• Like 1

The use of "fair weather supporters" might be a bit misguided but I think I know what he means and I wouldn't be getting too carried away with the adulation of PJ just yet. Since he took up his appointment on May 1, 2013 we have won just the single game. If things don't work out well and we perform the way some of the pessimists around here are suggesting and we start losing money, fickle posters like WYL will be on him like a ton of bricks.

That's also pretty accurate. I have said all along, while PJ has had a fair mess to clean up, we should keep in mind that he might ACTUALLY fail. It's going to take more than one man to turn us around. Roosy is a good start on that front. Now, we will judge them on the results they produce when the season starts proper.

Fickle??

The sad thing is WYL, if the Club had died , you would be dancing on the grave shouting "I was right, I was right"...sad really, you and a few other on here, just all about you being right

pot/kettle

• Like 1

The sad thing is WYL, if the Club had died , you would be dancing on the grave shouting "I was right, I was right"...sad really, you and a few other on here, just all about you being right

No. It is sad that you would even think that.

I am not "right" but you were so far off the mark and you were inside the walls of the club

I think it's good to question but I also think you need to look what is happening and measure your view of people around performance.

I questioned Neeld early as I didn't like a number of things he did before he coached a game. Contrast his comments on Davey and Watts in one of his first pressers with Hinkley who told Kane Cornes that he was there to extend his career. I liked Schwab early, he knew what a footy club looked like and I believe he was experienced and knowledgeable. He was also passionate about the club and presented a very good face. It was only after time that it became clear he wasn't up to the task.

I like what I'm seeing from Jackson. He's restructured the club personnel cutting $1.8 million from administrative salaries. He's negotiated a non repayable $1.4 million from the AFL to help replace people who weren't up to the task. He's secured a major sponsor who is a class above the likes of energy watch, he's maintained or increased footy department expenditure and secured the best available coach in the business. He's restored confidence to those that work at the club and he has earned their confidence and secured their loyalty.

I understand those that have seen too many false dawns only to be bitterly disappointed. But the false dawns don't impact on Jackson, he will sink or swim based on his performance not our past failures. For those few who question Jackson I ask "what has he done to earn that doubt"? I can't see anything. And in the same way that I can't see anything wrong with what Jackson's doing I can't see anything wrong with what Roos is doing.

Be watchful by all means but don't question these blokes based on the past performance of others.

• Like 10

I think it's good to question but I also think you need to look what is happening and measure your view of people around performance.

I questioned Neeld early as I didn't like a number of things he did before he coached a game. Contrast his comments on Davey and Watts in one of his first pressers with Hinkley who told Kane Cornes that he was there to extend his career. I liked Schwab early, he knew what a footy club looked like and I believe he was experienced and knowledgeable. He was also passionate about the club and presented a very good face. It was only after time that it became clear he wasn't up to the task.

I like what I'm seeing from Jackson. He's restructured the club personnel cutting $1.8 million from administrative salaries. He's negotiated a non repayable $1.4 million from the AFL to help replace people who weren't up to the task. He's secured a major sponsor who is a class above the likes of energy watch, he's maintained or increased footy department expenditure and secured the best available coach in the business. He's restored confidence to those that work at the club and he has earned their confidence and secured their loyalty.

I understand those that have seen too many false dawns only to be bitterly disappointed. But the false dawns don't impact on Jackson, he will sink or swim based on his performance not our past failures. For those few who question Jackson I ask "what has he done to earn that doubt"? I can't see anything. And in the same way that I can't see anything wrong with what Jackson's doing I can't see anything wrong with what Roos is doing.

Be watchful by all means but don't question these blokes based on the past performance of others.

Agree with all but Schwab, never wanted him back at the club.

Sooooo... what was this thread about again?

Maybe we should take a leaf out of our coaches' book and move on from the scars of the past, unite and try to lift the current MFC rather than keep dragging down the MFC of 2012/3.

Move on.

• Like 1

Stuie, exactly what I have been saying but some can't, you can get used to a hairshirt

Again hindsight is a wonderful thing, makes everybody an expert

but it wasn't hindsight Satyr. You were inside the walls telling all that everything was ok and berating those that were calling for massive upheaval.

In hindsight you were so wrong.

Stuie, exactly what I have been saying but some can't, you can get used to a hairshirt

Some like to understand what went wrong, vent their spleen and be forewarned for the future (me). Some like to say, oh well, it's just a game, not sheep stations, move on (you, Stu, and possibly Dumbo ?).

Why don't you just accept that plenty don't take your apathetic approach ? And if it offends then don't participate or read the thread. You could be doing positive stuff instead.

Edited by Hannibal
  • Like 3

Some like to understand what went wrong, vent their spleen and be forewarned for the future (me). Some like to say, oh well, it's just a game, not sheep stations, move on (you, Stu, and possibly Dumbo ?).

Why don't you just accept that plenty don't take your apathetic approach ? And if it offends then don't participate or read the thread. You could be doing positive stuff instead.

No. Some just like to wallow in the misery of the past and keep complaining about people who no longer work for the club.

You know this thread is about the AGM right? Maybe it's YOU who shouldn't be participating in it if you have nothing relevant to add.

Happy to let it go as long as you don't try and change the story. I don't except that Neeld was the only mistake this club made and I believe he was a symptom of the mistakes made at the club.

If you don't post stupid comments like this then there is no need to answer you back. Keep to the training reports, they are interesting.

No. Some just like to wallow in the misery of the past and keep complaining about people who no longer work for the club.

You know this thread is about the AGM right? Maybe it's YOU who shouldn't be participating in it if you have nothing relevant to add.

'stuie', you were one of Schwab's biggest supporters on this site. As I've just said in a previous post, if you don't want to go over old ground then maybe have a go at some of the posters that try and reinvent history.

I'm not going to have that he was a victim, he was front and square at the centre of our current problems and when anyone posts different then it just gets me going again.

Stuie i like to fully aware of the previous mistakes so i am ready if anything remotely similiar happens again. It's a thread about the AGM just gone.

PJ's first.

The CEO he took over from was inept in most areas except blazers and past glories.

It is a relevent conversation. If you want to move on and deny much of the past. Do it. Do not do it in here. You are a child sometimes.

Do it elsewhere.

Satyr on the other hand has blind loyalty. Which can be both commendable and very dangerous at the same time.

His posts last year illustrate this very well

This post was about the AGM, WYL, you put a post, I questioned it, as per normal, you don't like me questioning, so you and a couple of the other comedians on here, immediately turn it into a personal attack on me.

I was privy to a lot last year, I also questioned a lot, I also took things on face value, or trusted what I was told, I was lied to in some cases, but I can live with that, because above all else it is just footy...and in the end what occurred cost people job or positions....but you and a few others seem to want to keep revisiting and denigrating those who were only trying to do their job....in the end some didn't do it well and lost it...I suppose that is hard for you to comprehend not having made a mistake in your life and being so perfect....as I said last year...when crisis hit didn't see you putting your hand up to replace anybody.

Myself and Stuie are just waiting for the first wobble of this season to hit and again watching the vitriol flow on here

This post was about the AGM, WYL, you put a post, I questioned it, as per normal, you don't like me questioning, so you and a couple of the other comedians on here, immediately turn it into a personal attack on me.

I was privy to a lot last year, I also questioned a lot, I also took things on face value, or trusted what I was told, I was lied to in some cases, but I can live with that, because above all else it is just footy...and in the end what occurred cost people job or positions....but you and a few others seem to want to keep revisiting and denigrating those who were only trying to do their job....in the end some didn't do it well and lost it...I suppose that is hard for you to comprehend not having made a mistake in your life and being so perfect....as I said last year...when crisis hit didn't see you putting your hand up to replace anybody.

Myself and Stuie are just waiting for the first wobble of this season to hit and again watching the vitriol flow on here

Question? When have you ever questioned?

Hey it was you who in your first post in this thread said the previous regime had made a $70,000 profit and made a mistake with Neeld.

PJ at last weeks AGM has informed the members we are more to the tune of $3.7mill in debt.

The topic of conversation has not wandered. You just don't like it.

There is a difference

• Like 1

as I said last year...when crisis hit didn't see you putting your hand up to replace anybody.

You have no idea who i spoke to last year...conversations were had.

I knew Roos was a done thing long before you did Satyr & that is a fact. I was told to keep it well shut.

I have been satisfied since PJ was put in place to clean up Schwab's bombsite.

It will take some time so you won't see me crack the [censored]. I only crack it when idiots have control.