Priority Pick Hypothetical

Machsy

The thing that i don't like about the situation is Boyd is doing this against kids and he is compared to Hogan, our very own Jesse is dominating against men, alot of whom have played at AFL level, for mine he is a much better player based on that fact alone, impossible to know what Boyd will be like against Men, wouldn't be the first player ever to promise the world and be a total flop.

we need to look at all of our options regarding this pick, i can see us getting offered some very good deals for it and if we could add 1-2 quality mids to our list i would jump at it.

The only gauge we can get on Boyd is that he was doing it as an under ager as Hogan was last year against older players. He is rated very highly but as you say some don't work out. I thought we took a punt on Hogan when he hadn't done it against men last year and it looks like we got that one right so if we went with Boyd I would trust that Todd and the boys are on the money again.

If we get the 1st pick, then we take the best and it seems Boyd is a standout. We do need mids, but one important thing that everyone is overlooking is our ruck stocks. All of of rucks have significant short comings in their games. If you look at the top eight sides, they have rucks who win taps mark around the ground, support in defence and kick goals. Who do we have? Even with better mids, we need rucks who can get the ball to them.

Our ruck stocks are OK.

We should not use No. 1 on Daisy. Just buy him in the Free Agency.

Rockliff would be my first pick, Beams if fit would be next. Swannies have a few we could poach.

Who could we get for Sylvia?

If Watts is holding out, who could we get for him?

Our ruck stocks are OK.

We should not use No. 1 on Daisy. Just buy him in the Free Agency.

Rockliff would be my first pick, Beams if fit would be next. Swannies have a few we could poach.

Who could we get for Sylvia?

If Watts is holding out, who could we get for him?

Sylvia is a free agent like daisy. So nothing...

• Like 1

We need a plethora of mids, but Hogan and Boyd could be one of the great forward combinations in history.

I think you'd have to retain Boyd and come up with other clever ideas to inject some grunt and class into the midfield.

If the opportunity is there we take him, you just don't pass up on that.

• Like 1

If we get #1, trade to GWS for #2 and Adams.

Then GWS can do what they so choose with it.

This, absolutely this. We don't need Boyd, more than we need a couple of quality midfielders.

That way, we never stuff up taking the wrong player with the #1 pick, we get a good young mid, as well as another 2 quality mids through the draft, or via trades.

so it could look like Adams, Aish and Sheed, etc etc.

or Adams, Aish and (insert quality mid in here)

With Hogan to come in as well, plus our second round being high (maybe a Hartung), it could really help add to our depth of quality mids.

• Like 1

This, absolutely this. We don't need Boyd, more than we need a couple of quality midfielders.

That way, we never stuff up taking the wrong player with the #1 pick, we get a good young mid, as well as another 2 quality mids through the draft, or via trades.

so it could look like Adams, Aish and Sheed, etc etc.

or Adams, Aish and (insert quality mid in here)

With Hogan to come in as well, plus our second round being high (maybe a Hartung), it could really help add to our depth of quality mids.

You don't make draft decisions based on the assumption we might stuff up.

...and Hartung = Blease without the red.

No longer a hypothetical I would say. We are all but guaranteed the pp now.

Boyd pick one, quality mid pick 2 or 3 and next pick whatever that is. Get over the odds for Silvia as free agent compo. Trade anyone but Frawley, Garland, McDonald, Jones and Viney for hardened mids around 24 - 26 yo. Look at free agency.

Get Roos....get Walsh

...and hope Jackson is the messiah.

• Like 1

Boyd pick one, quality mid pick 2 or 3 and next pick whatever that is. Get over the odds for Silvia as free agent compo. Trade anyone but Frawley, Garland, McDonald, Jones and Viney for hardened mids around 24 - 26 yo. Look at free agency.

Get Roos....get Walsh

Would you entertain offers for the co captains?

I agree with those that are saying take Boyd and trade your way to experienced mids. I simply can't see us being able to get the same value in return. You then have the next two picks to take say Aish and then Sheed at the end of the first round. I'm still for trading Howe too if we could land an experienced B grade mid. Go hard in the trade and FA period too. Sewell has to be on our shopping list. He would offer Jones a bit of a chop out, not to mention some guidance to the rest of our young mids.

If watts goes we trade him for Yarren and a second round pick imo, he fills the small forward position we're lacking and could run through the middle.

who is a better player boyd or hogan??? maybe we could keep boyd and trade hogan?

Hogan is doing it against men, boyd is doing it against kids.

Would you entertain offers for the co captains?

Look after today we would have to consider it but I don't think they have much currency. The club need to tell us what is wrong with Trenners and if it's nothing then first thing they need to do is play him back at Casey and next season take the captaincy away and tell him to play footy and concentrate on getting what he had in his first season.

I would take Boyd and build the forward line around him and Hogan.

Watts and our first draft pick for Gibbs and Yarran?

Nup, Watts for Gibbs maybe, Yarran and a pick to us...

Look after today we would have to consider it but I don't think they have much currency. The club need to tell us what is wrong with Trenners and if it's nothing then first thing they need to do is play him back at Casey and next season take the captaincy away and tell him to play footy and concentrate on getting what he had in his first season.

I would take Boyd and build the forward line around him and Hogan.

Nup, Watts for Gibbs maybe, Yarran and a pick to us...

Totally agree, it would shut up so many people if trenners just came out and said, i have been battling OP for the last two years, I think both will be good players but trenners isn't right imo and grimes is a half back

Get Roos....get Walsh

I'll be astounded if we get PP 1, we might get a mid 1st rounder or end of 1st round pick.

I'll be astounded if we get PP 1, we might get a mid 1st rounder or end of 1st round pick.

We've asked for pick 1 and in my view I don't see any reason why we shouldn't or wouldn't get it.

Edited by rjay
  • Like 3

I must've missed this. Link please?

We have put a package together and asked for assistance, that includes a PP.

The AFL can't take into consideration of the PP until the end of the year.

IMO we will definitely get a priority, we quality and Gil McLaughlan said we mount a strong argument for a Priority Pick.

Since Gil Said that we have been even worse.

We just lost to the worst side in the comp and we looked pathetic in doing so.

The AFL appear to want us to keep competing in the comp, at present we are getting worse, they'll need to help us get better.

The AFL have shown they are willing to help by getting PJ into our club, the AFL started helping our club a few months back now and they will do all they can to help further.

That is what many in the media read into it, take it on board or consider it just speculation.

Realistically, we need more than pick 1.

I must've missed this. Link please?

Check out Jacksons interview on 'On the Couch'.

edit; sorry checked it out and I must have been dreaming, swear I heard or have seen it somewhere. We will get it all the same.

Edited by rjay