McLardy is completely out of touch

Dees2014

If the reporting of Don McLardy's Presidential Queen's Birthday speech is correct, then it explains a lot about why we are in the mess we are in.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mclardy-slams-kennett-20130610-2o07l.html

When is anyone in this club going to take responsibility for anything? Not soon clearly according to the current president. Apparently, the current board are incredibly passionate about the Demons, are really good, competent people, and it will all come right in the end...

Well I am sorry, but if any Board I had anything to do with had delivered the results the current one had over the last five years, then they would all be out on their heads, and most professional board members would see that as fair enough. THEY HAVE FAILED SPECTACULARLY.

Where are the passionate, professional people amongst demon supporters? If a board had failed so spectacularly at Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn, Sydney, or Carlton, there would have been a number of rival bids from passionate, high powered supporters desperate to turn things around and to roll the current incompetents.

Instead, it is left to Jeff Kennett, a Hawthorn supporter, to make the running. Personally, I would much much prefer the professionalism and ruthlessness of a Kennett bid, than the weak kneed, amateur-hour that is our current Board.

When are the current group going to take some responsibility. No time soon clearly. TIME TO TURF THEM OUT.

I am heartily sick of this farce.

If you are too, let's join a movement o do something about it.

• Like 6

Don is a great right hand man, but not a President. He was perfect for quietly keeping things moving while Jim stood in the spotlight, but now that Jim is gone he is being shown up. This is why he is looking for a new figurehead to take over from him so he can step back to what he is good at. The problem there is that it will still be the same board doing the same things, just with a new face.

• Like 1

Don is a good bloke, loves the Dees, but is not the president to lead at our darkest time.

Mark Neeld is a good bloke, great assistant coach, but is not the coach to lead at our darkest time.

Trenners and Grimes are good blokes, love the Dees, but are not the captains to lead at our darkest time.

There's a pattern somewhere....

• Like 7

If the reporting of Don McLardy's Presidential Queen's Birthday speech is correct, then it explains a lot about why we are in the mess we are in.

When is anyone in this club going to take responsibility for anything? Not soon clearly according to the current president. Apparently, the current board are incredibly passionate about the Demons, are really good, competent people, and it will all come right in the end...

Well I am sorry, but if any Board I had anything to do with had delivered the results the current one had over the last five years, then they would all be out on their heads, and most professional board members would see that as fair enough. THEY HAVE FAILED SPECTACULARLY.

Where are the passionate, professional people amongst demon supporters? If a board had failed so spectacularly at Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn, Sydney, or Carlton, there would have been a number of rival bids from passionate, high powered supporters desperate to turn things around and to roll the current incompetents.

Instead, it is left to Jeff Kennett, a Hawthorn supporter, to make the running. Personally, I would much much prefer the professionalism and ruthlessness of a Kennett bid, than the weak kneed, amateur-hour that is our current Board.

When are the current group going to take some responsibility. No time soon clearly. TIME TO TURF THEM OUT.

Listen to the whole speech on the website, where you also at the Fed Sq?, Don McLardy twice accepted responsibility for everything....or are you just going by what is in the Age again? There is also a review of the Board being undertaken to see if they have the mix right, Don also said for interested parties to put their name forward by letting him or John Trotter know.......so off you go

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 6

Don is a good bloke, loves the Dees, but is not the president to lead at our darkest time.

Mark Neeld is a good bloke, great assistant coach, but is not the coach to lead at our darkest time.

Trenners and Grimes are good blokes, love the Dees, but are not the captains to lead at our darkest time.

...click......sssss....click.....ssss......click.....sssss

It's not a question of turfing anyone out.

This Board has done some good things, and far from amateur hour, they are an extremely well-credentialed Board.

I believe that there is already a new President to be appointed (Freeman), and more than a few Board members who would be willing to relinquish their positions if approached by credible alternatives.

Don has clearly accepted responsibility for the state of the club, and he has talked about the importance of Board rejuvenation at the same time as maintaining stability and continuity with existing stakeholders.

Part of the reason there aren't rival bids lining up is that some who have done it in the past have been badly burned. Don is correct and quite right to be trying to protect the current Board members from being lynched, as in the end they are volunteers (who in the main contribute sustantial personal funds as well as time to the club), and if we burn them, it is the club that ultimately loses as it has done so many times in the past.

• Like 3

Listen to the whole speech on the website, where you also at the Fed Sq?, Don McLardy twice accepted responsibility for everything....or are you just going by what is in the Age again? There is also a review of the Board being undertaken to see if they have the mix right, Don also said for interested parties to put their name forward by letting him or John Trotter know.......so off you go

Your entry very neatly sums up my point. We do internal reviews, if you have a problem take it to a (current) board member and they will fix it.

[censored]...

What we are in is the biggest crisis in our history....those who got us into this mess are not going to get us out of it.

It needs nothing short of a revolution in our thinking AND personnel.

Having internal reviews will get us nowhere.

Really, the complacency of so called passionate Demon supporters staggers me. You would not see that in any other club in the AFL.

It says a lot...

Yeah agree, out with McLardy and Neeld, give the Captaincy to Nathan Jones.......NOW

We can't afford to pay the electricity bill?

• Like 8

Your entry very neatly sums up my point. We do internal reviews, if you have a problem take it to a (current) board member and they will fix it.

[censored]...

What we are in is the biggest crisis in our history....those who got us into this mess are not going to get us out of it.

It needs nothing short of a revolution in our thinking AND personnel.

Having internal reviews will get us nowhere.

Really, the complacency of so called passionate Demon supporters staggers me. You would not see that in any other club in the AFL.

It says a lot...

So what you are saying is that John Trotter will act in an unethical way, nice,

I suppose you think the same of Peter Jackson then, he's employed by the Club, may only give the answer the board wants

What I was saying was you were basing your rant on the a report in the Age, as I said let me know when you have put your name forward for a board position and what you will bring to the board, I'll have a read and see if I'll vote for you

Sydney - Edlesten, Carlton - Elliott, Hawthorn er Don Scott, every club has been through what we are going through, let them sort it out, if we don't like it, then bring your passion to the AGM, like I have seen every year for the last six or seven..

Any questions?..........er no

Don't question my passion and think that makes me complacent, I had a good chat to Don McLardy at Fed Sq yesterday about what is going to happen......I'll wait and see

Edited by Satyriconhome

So what you are saying is that John Trotter will act in an unethical way, nice,

Would you fire yourself? Really, think about it, would you?

let me know when you have put your name forward for a board position and what you will bring to the board, I'll have a read and see if I'll vote for you

Ughhh... the old "if you're a better board member/coach/player why aren't you doing it?" line hey... The weakest last resort argument there is.

• Like 1

Lol a review of the board done by a sitting board member...

Lol, will this be as fruitful as the legendary Andrews report?

• Like 2

You don't really fire yourself when you are an honorary board member, you just walk away. You generally do that because you are sick and tired of being burned by the media and supporters. You think you should probably have kept all of the money you have donated to the club and then probably don't donate anymore, because of the way you were treated for trying to help.

Alternatively you get beaten in an election.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 3

Ughhh... the old "if you're a better board member/coach/player why aren't you doing it?" line hey... The weakest last resort argument there is.

But that's it, either put up or shut the [censored] up, that is the problem with some of the posters/supporters on here, all wind and [censored], ask them for a bit of action, er no not me etc etc etc

They won't be fired by the way, it is a voluntary position

But that's it, either put up or shut the [censored] up, that is the problem with some of the posters/supporters on here, all wind and [censored], ask them for a bit of action, er no not me etc etc etc

They won't be fired by the way, it is a voluntary position

Mate, it's an internet forum. People post opinions here, that's the whole point.

• Like 5

You don't really fire yourself when you are an honorary board member, you just walk away. You generally do that because you are sick and tired of being burned by the media and supporters. You think you should probably have kept all of the money you have donated to the club and then probably don't donate anymore, because of the way you were treated for trying to help.

Alternatively you get beaten in an election.

Thanks Redleg, a bit more controlled than me today, had enough, had the misfortune to be sitting in front of a complete censored myself supposed Melbourne supporter yesterday, I don't know why he bothered going.....fired me up for today and some of the deep thinkers on here

Edited by Satyriconhome

Mate, it's an internet forum. People post opinions here, that's the whole point.

Totally agree, except you don't post opinions, you whinge and whine like others, if you can do any better then let's see you do it then hero, it's a public forum so I am issuing a public challenge, if you think John Trotter's review is not going to achieve anything, then let's see you nominate, in fact any of the heroes posting in this topic that the Board is crap, give me your names I'll forward to Don you are interested.......you need to put a ticket together so we can read and decide if we are going to vote

• Like 1

i don't think he is OUT of touch, as he was never really IN-TOUCH.
He had no passion or desire for the role and fell into it due to the passing of a dear friend of his (R.I.P Jim).
He is doing the best he can, you can see it but he is a man who is in a very important job at a football club that never really wanted to be there.
I commend him for trying, as many would not have the guts to do but pass it onto someone with some fire in the belly and go back to focusing on the great work you do with the Reach Foundation Don.

• Like 1

An internal review of the board by a board member ..

That's a bit like George Pell sorting out the Catholic Church isn't it??

What a joke.

almost as laughable as the ZIggy report

• Like 1

Totally agree, except you don't post opinions, you whinge and whine like others, if you can do any better then let's see you do it then hero, it's a public forum so I am issuing a public challenge, if you think John Trotter's review is not going to achieve anything, then let's see you nominate, in fact any of the heroes posting in this topic that the Board is crap, give me your names I'll forward to Don you are interested.......you need to put a ticket together so we can read and decide if we are going to vote

No. You whine and whinge while others express their opinions.

I'll post this again for you in response to your second point:

I don't see why not wanting to be a board member or having the appropriate qualifications for that role disallows anyone from having an opinion.

If you hate hearing anyones thoughts other than your own why bother logging in here?

• Like 3

No. You whine and whinge while others express their opinions.

I'll post this again for you in response to your second point:

I don't see why not wanting to be a board member or having the appropriate qualifications for that role disallows anyone from having an opinion.

If you hate hearing anyones thoughts other than your own why bother logging in here?

Because I like nothing better than taking on keyboard heroes like yourself who do nothing but whinge and whine and do sod all about the so called perceived problems

Half the naysayers on the anti Board topics are either ex Board members or their mates, thinking they are safe hiding behind nicknames, personal agendas, no never

What alternatives do you ever offer up, usually nothing, there are a group of posters on here where you can actually hear the childish sniggering as they tap away furiously at their keyboard before posting their next well thought out diatribe

Don said he would welcome anybody on the board who was passionate about the Dees, do you qualify for that bit, or you gonna cop out again.

Because I like nothing better than taking on keyboard heroes like yourself who do nothing but whinge and whine and do sod all about the so called perceived problems

Half the naysayers on the anti Board topics are either ex Board members or their mates, thinking they are safe hiding behind nicknames, personal agendas, no never

What alternatives do you ever offer up, usually nothing, there are a group of posters on here where you can actually hear the childish sniggering as they tap away furiously at their keyboard before posting their next well thought out diatribe

Don said he would welcome anybody on the board who was passionate about the Dees, do you qualify for that bit, or you gonna cop out again.

Stuies probably like the rest of the supporters that are sick of losing by 15 goals every week, it's a long line, it's time for a change, Christ if we listen to boot lickers like You and RPFC we might make the finals in 2020.
  • Like 4