Is anyone else feeling...

3183 Dee

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Pants.

You are far too young to have your patience tested.

Think of OD Jack and numerous others that have had their patience tested for nearly 50 years.

Patience is all we have.

Cheers mate :) 33 years young but the last few years have tacked on at least another 10.

Though If I ever become as cynical as OD, someone slap me. (love your work OD)

2008: "This year will be tough, but we have the talent and vision to be successful in the future. Be patient..."

2009: "This year will be tough, but we have the talent and vision to be successful in the future. Be patient..."

2010: "This year will be tough, but we have the talent and vision to be successful in the future. Be patient..."

2011: "This year will be tough, but we have the talent and vision to be successful in the future. Be patient..."

2012: "This year will be tough, but we have the talent and vision to be successful in the future. Be patient..."

2013: "This year will be tough, but we have the talent and vision to be successful in the future. Be patient..."

2014: "This year will be tough, but we have the talent and vision to be successful in the future. Be patient..."

And so on...

You forgot 2007.

• Like 1

2008: "This year will be tough, but we have the talent and vision to be successful in the future. Be patient..."

2009: "This year will be tough, but we have the talent and vision to be successful in the future. Be patient..."

2010: "This year will be tough, but we have the talent and vision to be successful in the future. Be patient..."

2011: "This year will be tough, but we have the talent and vision to be successful in the future. Be patient..."

2012: "This year will be tough, but we have the talent and vision to be successful in the future. Be patient..."

2013: "This year will be tough, but we have the talent and vision to be successful in the future. Be patient..."

2014: "This year will be tough, but we have the talent and vision to be successful in the future. Be patient..."

And so on...

Haha indeed

The only problem with this post from 08 - 10 you can argue all day how committed the side was to actually trying to win

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Pants.

You are far too young to have your patience tested.

Think of OD Jack and numerous others that have had their patience tested for nearly 50 years.

Patience is all we have.

Not sure I have much left Chippy.

In 2013 I am down to the bare bones of my ----

Cheers mate :) 33 years young but the last few years have tacked on at least another 10.

Though If I ever become as cynical as OD, someone slap me. (love your work OD)

Until we actually start winning games P_Man it is all I have left

It's the kids i worry about. The kids who don't want to go to the footy because the Demons suck.

Yesterday is a practise game, yes. But try telling that to a kid who is going to cop it on monday.

Round 1 is very important...so is Round 2...

i've grown used to it, have been copping it since i was probably 12 (17 now), doesn't stop me, never will. Just waiting to have my turn when we rise :lol:

• Like 2

i've grown used to it, have been copping it since i was probably 12 (17 now), doesn't stop me, never will. Just waiting to have my turn when we rise :lol:

Trust me YDE when it comes you will say it was worth the wait. And I am not talking flags as I have no idea how that feels but I remember the feeling after we beat the Dogs at the Western Oval in 1987 to make finals for the first time in my life. Whilst we bowed out at teh Prelim stage still loved that September and recall my father and most others adopted the Dees as their second side during the finals.

• Like 4

Trust me YDE when it comes you will say it was worth the wait. And I am not talking flags as I have no idea how that feels but I remember the feeling after we beat the Dogs at the Western Oval in 1987 to make finals for the first time in my life. Whilst we bowed out at teh Prelim stage still loved that September and recall my father and most others adopted the Dees as their second side during the finals.

I have never felt the same pride in my footy team as i did during that era. Take me back to that place.

• Like 1

Yer i am worried and the Gold Coast post game presser was ....... not impressive!

Neeld thought our game against the suns was good??

What happened to him I thought he was a no bullsh** guy?

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2013-03-18/mark-neeld-post-match-week-4

Edited by Young Dee

Yer i am worried and the Gold Coast post game presser was ....... not impressive!

I can totally empathise with the frustration at hearing excuses being trotted out, but in those sort of conditions, 3 vs 5 rotations is going to have a potentially significant impact on the outcome of the game and it needed to be acknowledged,

Neeld sounded like he was paying next to no attention to the scoreboard against the Suns which is fine, though I would think the extent to which our midfield was reportedly bossed by another young team (missing their second best player in Bennell) is cause for slightly greater alarm.

I am still confident we'll be able to account for them in the season proper.

Depends on what Neeld was looking for in the game, certain players to make his 22 for Round 1 who knows. All will be revealed over the next 7 weeks by round 6 we should know where we are at, or at least start to see more of a picture of progression hopefully

Read what P Man wrote as well, we were two rotations down and it was 30 deg, it was pre season, Neeld didn't give a flying about the result that's why he sat Garland down

I agree with another poster on here, some of the posts on here border on the pathetic, all about themselves, support the team or stay home......rather that than go to the game, be miserable and then come on here and whinge

I take [censored] from no one, desk in work is covered in Red and Blue.....some posters must be pretty poor at standing up for themselves.....it doesn't matter to me MFC is my team and always will be

Edited by Satyriconhome

I'd rather we won every game we played - whether it's pre-season, main season or finals. But I also don't see pre-season games as important. On Footy Classified last night Brad Scott admitted his team didn't go into the last pre-season game against Hawthorn with a balanced team - he pointed out they had five key position defenders, for example. He wanted to try some things out and presumably see which of those five he wants to play in the season proper. I'm sure all coaches use the pre-season to try different things and aren't that interested in results of individual games. So we shouldn't be so concerned either.

If we win only 6 games this year, I'll be disappointed, but I'll only be concerned if I can't see progress. And I'll measure progress by various signs. For example, fewer blowouts; fewer run ons of goals against us during short periods of play; individual player improvements; signs of cohesive team play; off-field behaviour; and, perhaps intangible, but signs of players willing to do anything the coach wants rather than the other way around.

• Like 1

I'd rather we won every game we played - whether it's pre-season, main season or finals. But I also don't see pre-season games as important. On Footy Classified last night Brad Scott admitted his team didn't go into the last pre-season game against Hawthorn with a balanced team - he pointed out they had five key position defenders, for example. He wanted to try some things out and presumably see which of those five he wants to play in the season proper. I'm sure all coaches use the pre-season to try different things and aren't that interested in results of individual games. So we shouldn't be so concerned either.

If we win only 6 games this year, I'll be disappointed, but I'll only be concerned if I can't see progress. And I'll measure progress by various signs. For example, fewer blowouts; fewer run ons of goals against us during short periods of play; individual player improvements; signs of cohesive team play; off-field behaviour; and, perhaps intangible, but signs of players willing to do anything the coach wants rather than the other way around.

Exactly right on preseason, the pleasing thing for me from the weekend was Toumpas was in the best, because he got more game time, and is starting to settle.......that is what the pre season is about.....Neeld was pleased with the 4th qtr, 30 deg heat, less rotations, undersized defence, yet we kept it to 4 goals similarly North got smashed yet Scott doesn't give a toss........

I will be looking for exactly the same things this season, will be disappointed if we win only 6 games, I think we can be better than that.......

As Neeld says if you are getting on the Reality Bus, then get on, but be Realistic and support your team, if not stay home and hide

This is me to a tee - I would love to think we are at a place where we are advanced enough that only the win/loss column matters but we arent there yet so all those thing you mentioned are the key indicators to me. Dont get me wrong I dont want to accept mediocre performances and close enough is not good enough but if you have big enough ticks and improvements on all the items above then the wins will take care of themselves.

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 1

...a little bit sick? I know all the "it's only NAB Cup", "we had x,y & z out" stuff, but I honestly thought we'd have shown a bit more in these pre-season games. We've grouped ourselves with the likes of Port and Brisbane, and slightly above GWS and GC, but on the past few weeks' showing, that opinion seems slightly inflated, bearing in mind how those other teams have gone.

'Course, it could all change come Rd 1, when we have at least one class forward back but for the moment, I'm feeling a little queasy about the next 6 months.

No. Can't wait to see what a new look team has to offer in the season proper. Especially a forward line of Clark and Dawes.