New sponsorship for the Dees?

brey9186

So in other words you actually know jack sh!t hey Billy .. Nicely confessed.

Its all supposition , but in an almost Kerro way you want opinion to be fact.

fact is.. major sponsors re-signed.

Why would they if were a basketcase as you want me to believe.

Its only my opinion but I dont think they share yours.

that's fine then, the club can/should stop using the name

What would they say to the media if they have an interview , just meet us down the road?

Can we call it "Demon Park"?

If AAMI are not paying the MFC a naming fee are they not getting free advertising?

I assume there must be an economy of scale to this i.e. we share AAMI Park therefore we don't spend as much as other sides running their own facilities who have the advantage of naming rights? I could be completely wrong?

• Like 1

I assume there must be an economy of scale to this i.e. we share AAMI Park therefore we don't spend as much as other sides running their own facilities who have the advantage of naming rights? I could be completely wrong?

Fair Call, i just hope it is value for money..I believe if we spent $$$ to call it "Demon Park" we woukld make $$$ by having an identity there...at least move the Demon Shop there so that our merchandise can be sold.

It is nigh impossible to stop on Brunton Ave during the week to visit the shop now.

Fair Call, i just hope it is value for money..I believe if we spent $$$ to call it "Demon Park" we woukld make $$$ by having an identity there...at least move the Demon Shop there so that our merchandise can be sold.

It is nigh impossible to stop on Brunton Ave during the week to visit the shop now.

I have been mentioning this for a while now.

There is however a way round the problem.

Just park in the Tigers ground at punt road and walk through.

Of course no one knows that that turns up at the MCG.

By the Way the tigers now have an excellent facility at there ground.

The Tigers have that as supporters and we have zero.

I have been mentioning this for a while now.

There is however a way round the problem.

Just park in the Tigers ground at punt road and walk through.

Of course no one knows that that turns up at the MCG.

By the Way the tigers now have an excellent facility at there ground.

The Tigers have that as supporters and we have zero.

We do have AAMI (Demon) Park O.D.....

I am talking about supporters wyl.

There is zero at Demon Park for supporters.

Players fine but we are still the traveling wilburs

Sorry Mate not quite sure what you are getting at...We train at AAMI (Demon) Park & play at the MCG

A mere walk between the two....what are we lacking that Punt Road has?

Sorry Mate not quite sure what you are getting at...We train at AAMI (Demon) Park & play at the MCG

A mere walk between the two....what are we lacking that Punt Road has?

Tiger supporters have a social club

Round and round she goes...

What is the 2013 model? C'mon B59, give me your sales pitch. I could have millions I want to invest, so I would love to hear why I should. It would want to be a bloody good one, because I will strongly argue that the negatives to date (especially those that Old Dee listed) would far outweigh the potential positives, especially for any smart business folk. Sadly, you would sound like an Indian trying to sell telco products to me at this stage.

It would've been easier for CS to sell our potential when Bailey took over as opposed to now. Sure, in hindsight it was a mistake, but we didn't have as much baggage back then as we do now. I am quite confident that's how businesses would be thinking if CS were to walk through their door.

If we are basicaly breaking even based given the sponsorship amounts received in 2012, I hope to Christ that CS in his renegotiations has managed to squeeze a few more dollars out of them somehow this year, which would be bloody near impossible. Perhaps he put in a performance-based clause, ie the more we win (over 2012), the more you pay.

I dont Know if B59 has the marketing experience available to the club and am not pretending that I do either but for starters as I said

Australia is a destination for overseas firms as our economy is healthy and our market stable with growth. Locate in the asian market with the AFL mindful of potential expansion into an even greater population base. How About

Join the oldest club on the oldest continent in one of the most vibrant sports on the planet.

Melbourne Football Club has a unique history, past success with recent turmoil. The club is on the cusp of a resurgence.

Now is the time to get on board and link your company with established success and a progressive new approach

The Melbourne football club: its managers, its coaches, its players and its supporters are passionate about its place as a colossus in the national game, are hungry for more success.

If your company/firm is seeking a vehicle to identify strength, determination, an ability to rise above the difficult times, to display composure and progress with clear stategies to success why not become a sponsor and enjoy the ride.

Well you know what I mean and I am sure so does the marketing division Some of our Dland overseas members could spot companies and report to them

But it would be nice as I have said before to see reports of their efforts a little bit more transparently.

ie what potential sponsors have been approached, what is our pitch, what is our success rate. It would be particularly interesting to see what Overseas companies have been approached.

Its actually called the Tiger's Anti-Social Club

they have to check their dentures in at the door so no-one gets dentured

Now Now dc

The tigers are now in front of the Dees in all areas.

make us look average

So in other words you actually know jack sh!t hey Billy .. Nicely confessed.

Its all supposition , but in an almost Kerro way you want opinion to be fact.

fact is.. major sponsors re-signed.

Why would they if were a basketcase as you want me to believe.

Its only my opinion but I dont think they share yours.

B59, there is nothing is this post of yours to contribute to our discussion. The only thing you wrote that is relevant and truthful is the fact that the sponsors have resigned, and regardless of the outcome of the investigations, I hope it stays that way for the next year or 3.

But, I will give your post the reply that it deserves(?);

1. I obviously know more than you on the subject. You expected that the FoJ sponsorship would be worth more than what EW were going to pay. I don't recall saying that I disagreed that the FoJ was worth less than BoJ, my main point was that the FoJ was not worth $2m+. I was right.

2. The only time I get pleasure out of being right, is when I bring up a topic on here, and posters like yourself try the whole "macho poster" thing, and often get personal rather than keeping to the topic. When it turns out I'm right, yes, I get great enjoyment out of it. I struggle to see how that puts me in Caro's class, but that's just further proof of your personal comments about my views.

3. Yes, major sponsors have resigned. How much for? Same as last year? Who knows, but I'd be tipping that it's not the overinflated prices that you thought was "market value". I would like to think CS could've negotiated an increase.

4.1 I have not said we are a basket case, but hey, don't let the facts get in the way of you trying to prove your incompetence on this subject. I did say we are irrelvant to the broader AFL community, and I bloody well meant it. To me, the MFC is everything, but jumping on this reality bus (hope it's a double decker), not many people that aren't Melbourne couldn't give a sh!t about us.

4.2 They (I'm assuming you mean Webjet and Opel) obviously do share the same opinion as me. They were happy to pay $1m each, I can assure you Webjet would've told CS where to stick his contract if he asked for your $2m+.

Now, the way you played my post was as bad as the West Indies one-day side (as of today).

I await your response, and by some miracle it would be great of you to address the points I raised in my previous post, such as why you think the 2013 model would excite a potential investor to hand over $1m+. But I expect that would be a lot harder than making shallow posts about nothing. Just for sh!ts and giggles B59, if you were looking to sponsor a team for 2013, would you invest in a club that has an investigation hanging over it's head, an investigation that is accusing us of cheating? Yep, the sound of crickets is deafening.

I dont Know if B59 has the marketing experience available to the club and am not pretending that I do either but for starters as I said

Australia is a destination for overseas firms as our economy is healthy and our market stable with growth. Locate in the asian market with the AFL mindful of potential expansion into an even greater population base. How About

Join the oldest club on the oldest continent in one of the most vibrant sports on the planet.

Melbourne Football Club has a unique history, past success with recent turmoil. The club is on the cusp of a resurgence.

Now is the time to get on board and link your company with established success and a progressive new approach

The Melbourne football club: its managers, its coaches, its players and its supporters are passionate about its place as a colossus in the national game, are hungry for more success.

If your company/firm is seeking a vehicle to identify strength, determination, an ability to rise above the difficult times, to display composure and progress with clear stategies to success why not become a sponsor and enjoy the ride.

Well you know what I mean and I am sure so does the marketing division Some of our Dland overseas members could spot companies and report to them

But it would be nice as I have said before to see reports of their efforts a little bit more transparently.

ie what potential sponsors have been approached, what is our pitch, what is our success rate. It would be particularly interesting to see what Overseas companies have been approached.

Dpositive - we will struggle to attract any new sponsors, local or international, until such time the tanking investigation is done and dusted. The current sponosrs re-signed during the investigation, but it's a monty that they will have a get-out clause should we be found guilty. Will they chose to "activate" it? Time will tel, but I assure you, I hope not! On the other hand, if our name is cleared, it'll not only be a relief, but it will be a lot easier to attract new money to the club.

The fact that we barely made a profit in 2012, and the fact that no-one knows what the outcome will be, is why people on here like myself, Old Dee and WYL are bloody concerned should we be found guilty. If one of our $1m sponsors walk, it makes our bottom line at the end of 2013 look a lot weaker. On the flip side to that is that if we are cleared, we still need more $$$ coming in to continue to beef up our FD, to grow our asset base. It will be in that situation where the international market is a great idea. What is the latest on China???

• Like 1

2. The only time I get pleasure out of being right, is when I bring up a topic on here, and posters like yourself try the whole "macho poster" thing, and often get personal rather than keeping to the topic. When it turns out I'm right, yes, I get great enjoyment out of it. I struggle to see how that puts me in Caro's class, but that's just further proof of your personal comments about my views.

I would prefer to be wrong in this instance, I'd much rather the club get a huge sponsorship, than be right just to prove a point.

• Like 1

Dpositive - we will struggle to attract any new sponsors, local or international, until such time the tanking investigation is done and dusted. The current sponosrs re-signed during the investigation, but it's a monty that they will have a get-out clause should we be found guilty. Will they chose to "activate" it? Time will tel, but I assure you, I hope not! On the other hand, if our name is cleared, it'll not only be a relief, but it will be a lot easier to attract new money to the club.

The fact that we barely made a profit in 2012, and the fact that no-one knows what the outcome will be, is why people on here like myself, Old Dee and WYL are bloody concerned should we be found guilty. If one of our $1m sponsors walk, it makes our bottom line at the end of 2013 look a lot weaker. On the flip side to that is that if we are cleared, we still need more $$$ coming in to continue to beef up our FD, to grow our asset base. It will be in that situation where the international market is a great idea. What is the latest on China???

That is a very good question billy

What happened to the China idea?

I suspect it went belly up.

Something good to ask about at the AGM!

That is a very good question billy

What happened to the China idea?

I suspect it went belly up.

Something good to ask about at the AGM!

i have been thinking of our China deal today also...Get in there. One game a year..