Straight trade - Jurrah for Jacobs

Guest Rassilon

Lets see. Many deals get talked about not all come to fruition. Where there is a will there is a way.

you do realise the first part provides for why the second part doesnt always occur ?? :unsure:

Guest Rassilon

Could we not do a deal for jacobs like collingwood did with luke ball?

Too risky. We may as well try to leverage our pick in the pre-season draft. First pick by a VICTORIAN club.

Guest Rassilon

Yeah they are, their head of recruiting Francis Jackson used to be the coach of Brighton Grammar's first XVIII and he lured Ben to Brighton. Was a big fan back then obviously still is.

Blair calls the shots at the Tigers these days. Has for quite some time now. Think the Tigers are pretty happy with their backline apart from the "Gorilla tamer" hence why they have secured Chaplin.

Guest Rassilon

True but the right deal, accompanied by the right sales pitch, will get the job done.

Exactly. Like 3-4 years @ $300-400 K plus walk up start to play in our side, Oh did I mention we are a Victorian club. Now thats a sales pitch.

Guest Rassilon

Port like to play hardball and although Ben will nominate his preferred destination, Port will accept whatever the best offer is put before them irrelevant of how much money we have offered Ben

If Ben nominates us what could Port do? Our job is to make the right offer to Ben.

If they dont want Liam thats up to them. We have a player that would like to play in SA they have a player that would like to play in Victoria.

Why is this ridiculous thread still active?

Oh, sorry, I just reactivated it...but really, anyone taking seriously the idea of us trading Jurrah anywhere must have spent the past six months on another planet.

Maybe I'll just note down those who seem to think it's possible so i can discount anything else they ever post.

• Like 1

If we ARE keen on Jacobs, would it be worthwhile suggesting he do a Jarman? Or is that kind of thing outlawed? (Too lazy to google.)

And I think even Brock's mate Frederick could tell Rassilon is Doctor Who........What will his next incarnation be? Gallifrey? Skaro? Davros?

Yeah they are, their head of recruiting Francis Jackson used to be the coach of Brighton Grammar's first XVIII and he lured Ben to Brighton. Was a big fan back then obviously still is.

AoB gave the facetious aside about Richmond because the poster that started this joke of a thread is hangon007/Dr Who and has a great history of being thoroughly misguided to the point of being immensely annoying to most on here.

He thought HWFUA was headed to Richmond.

There's a little Demonland history for the peoples now let this thread die!

Edited by rpfc

Guest Rassilon

AoB gave the facetious aside about Richmond because the poster that started this joke of a thread is hangon007/Dr Who and has a great history of being thoroughly misguided to the point of being immensely annoying to most on here.

He thought HWFUA was headed to Richmond.

No he didnt but thats all history now - Operation Scully was successfully completed. MFC manufactured two first round draft picks - huge win for the "architect". But I'm not going over old ground for you kiddies.

Guest Rassilon
And be shown again to be the fool.

What a fool to suggesting Richmond where a serious threat & interested in Scully (& thats only 1/2 the story you will never read about the rest). The Scully family never spoke with Richmond? You know that for a fact do you? I will give you your answer - you dont know. Where do you think they got the idea to employee Scully senior? Has all been done before - Sheedy new more about Scully than he let on - wonder where he got the info from? We where offering 600K they where offering 800K then in the last few days they mysteriously went up to 1 million for no apparent reason - yeah right.

I would have sworn for all last year Clark was a Docker - but he ended up with us. Things change.

But whatever - you can believe what you want. As I said old ground, two first round draft picks where manufactured, all went well for us. We have moved on.

Now its all about getting the best young kids we can and secure a home for Liam he would be happy with. Thats what you try to do in AFL football.

This is a Jurrah/Jacobs thread last time I looked. I reckon we will have a crack at Jacobs - but that does NOT mean we will get him.

Edited by Rassilon

Scully senior signed with GWS a full year beforehand. This was far earlier than when you stated that the real thread was not GWS, but instead it was Richmond!

No offence (well, actually some offence), but the whole line of argument was pretty funny. Continuing to hold on to it is even funnier.

This thread is comparably funny.

• Like 1

Guest Rassilon

Scully senior signed with GWS a full year beforehand. This was far earlier than when you stated that the real thread was not GWS, but instead it was Richmond!

No offence (well, actually some offence), but the whole line of argument was pretty funny. Continuing to hold on to it is even funnier.

This is a Jacobs thread. If you want to start a Scully thread feel free to talk among yourselves.

We will see if we have a crack at Jacobs - fits our profile perfectly. Jurrah wants to play in SA. Port have declared an interest.

going over old ground .

Speaking of old ground - how is BP working out at the blues? I guess Malthouse will be super keen to have someone of his obvious talent in his team.

And as for this thread - are you for real? Sure we might go after Jacobs but it will have no connection whatsoever with Jurrah.

Guest Rassilon
And as for this thread - are you for real? Sure we might go after Jacobs but it will have no connection whatsoever with Jurrah.

No problems - lets see. I think Liam would be great on Ports primary list. If they dont want to do a deal thats not always a bad thing for us. But thats their choice - we would have done the right thing by Liam and tried.

Edited by Rassilon

No problems - lets see. I think Liam would be great on Ports primary list. If they dont want to do a deal thats not always a bad thing for us. But thats their choice - we would have done the right thing by Liam and tried.

I have read this 3 times and still cannot work out what you are trying to say. Its like some ingenious riddle.

• Like 1

Guest Rassilon
I have read this 3 times and still cannot work out what you are trying to say. Its like some ingenious riddle.

It certainly is. The path has been walked on before I'm sure it will be walked on again. We are not re-inventing the wheel we only seek to improve it.

What a fool to suggesting Richmond where a serious threat & interested in Scully (& thats only 1/2 the story you will never read about the rest). The Scully family never spoke with Richmond? You know that for a fact do you? I will give you your answer - you dont know. Where do you think they got the idea to employee Scully senior? Has all been done before - Sheedy new more about Scully than he let on - wonder where he got the info from? We where offering 600K they where offering 800K then in the last few days they mysteriously went up to 1 million for no apparent reason - yeah right.

\

A fool indeed. You were the one pedalling the Scully to Richmond line and could not put up a scintilla of evidence to suggest it was happening. And its amazing you chide others for not having the facts when it was you that was bereft of any

But whatever - you can believe what you want.

Clearly in your case.

Agree. Nothing learnt.