The Demons Playing List Assessment

Deano74

Seeing the todays Herald sun assessment of Port Adelaide, thought it would be good to get some perspective on our list using the same method.

Here are my thoughts and by know means do i think im correct. So have your input, Its harder than you think.

* Based on 2012 Season.

A - Grade

Clark, Jones

B +

Frawley, Garland, Grimes, Howe, McKenzie, Moloney, Rivers, Sylvia, Trengrove, Watts

B-

Martin, Bail, McDonald, Nicholson, Blease,

Talented but injured

Bartram, Jamar, Jurrah

Good ordinary footballers

Dunn, Macdonald, Magnar, Sella

Proven but ageing

Davey, Green

Starting Out

Cook, Davis, Fitzpatrick, Gawn, Gysberts, Spencer, Strauss, Taggert, Tynan, Couch, Evans, Sheahan, Williams

Trade Bait

Bate, Bennell, Jetta, Morton, Pettard

Possible Delistings

Lawerence.

Edited by Demonland
  • Like 1

Seeing the todays Herald sun assessment of Port Adelaide, thought it would be good to get some perspective on our list using the same method.

Here are my thoughts and by know means do i think im correct. So have your input, Its harder than you think.

* Based on 2012 Season.

A - Grade

Clark, Jones

B +

Frawley, Garland, Grimes, Howe, McKenzie, Moloney, Rivers, Sylvia, Trengrove, Watts

B-

Talented but injured

Bartram, Jamar, Jurrah

Proven but ageing

Davey, Green

Starting Out

Cook, Davis, Fitzpatrick, Gawn, Gysberts, Spencer, Strauss, Taggert, Tynan, Couch, Evans, Sheahan, Williams

Trade Bait

Possible Delistings

Lawerence.

lawrence is rookie listed. cant be de listed

A - Grade

Clark, Jones, Watts (A+ for his work in the backline)

B +

Garland, Grimes, Howe, McDonald, McKenzie, Rivers

B-

Bail, Frawley, Martin, Nicholson, Blease, Moloney, Sylvia, Trengrove

Talented but injured

Bartram, Jamar, Jurrah

Dunn, Jetta, MacDonald, Magner, Sellar

Proven but ageing

Davey, Green

Starting Out

Trade Bait

Bate, Morton, Petterd

Possible Delistings

Bennell (love the guy, but form plus injury will see him have no trade value)

* Based on 2012 Season.

A - Grade

Clark, Jones

B +

B-

Talented but injured

Bartram, Jamar, Jurrah

Proven but ageing

Davey, Green

Starting Out

Trade Bait

Possible Delistings

Lawerence.

Pretty generous I think. Not sure I would have any of our players A grade (Mitch the only possibility). If Jonesy gives us another season like this he will be up there, and only a handful would make my cut for B grade.

To put it brutally I would have most of our list as 'Good Ordinary Footballers' at the moment, not to say that this can't change quickly.

We have been an absolutely crud team this year with big question marks on a number of players and a cleanout beckons.

The number of players being listed as B grade is laughable and the trade bait is as appealing as old fish in the hot sun.

Next year I would hope this would be radically different as some of the C and Ds blossom. Some may fall away. And some fit rather than injured could show more.

Grade

A -

Clark,

B +

Jones

B-

Frawley,

C+

Howe, McKenzie, Rivers, Watts, McDonald

C

Trengove, Garland, Grimes,Rivers, Jamar

C-

Moloney, Green, Nicholson, Strauss, Martin,Blease, Tapscott,

D - Barest pass mark

Sylvia, Spencer, Gysberts, Jetta, Gawn, Bartram, Sellar

Too young to tell atm.

Davis, Taggert, Tynan, Sheahan and Williams

E and downwards to Z - Fail

Bate, Dunn, Petterd, Morton, Bennell, Fitzpatrick, Couch, Cook, Davey, Jurrah, MacDonald

My list of departures not in any order will not be the same as Neelds but here goes:

Delist:

Bate, Dunn, Petterd, Bennell, Fitzpatrick, Cook, MacDonald, (if Davey and Morton stay on main list I would add Jetta and Cook)

Move to rookie list:

Davey, Morton

Trade

Sylvia (if the deal is good)

Retire:

Brad Green

Dont upgrade but keep as rookie

Magner - Couch to go

• Like 3

A - Grade

Clark

B +

Jones Watts Frawley (can move up)

B-

Garland, Grimes, Howe, McDonald

C

Blease Trengove Sylvia (with scope to climb) Jordie Nicho Rivers

Talented but injured

Jurrah Bennell, Morton (Not questioning the talent of any of these 3 just everything else)

Not talented but injured

Bartram

ordinary footballers

Dunn, MacDonald, Magner, Sellar, Petterd, Bate, Spencer, Fitz, Couch Bail Morton Bail Martin

ageing

Davey, Green, Moloney (speed of game not on his side)

Starting Out

Cook, Davis, Fitzpatrick, Gawn, Gysberts, Spencer, Strauss, Taggert, Tynan, Evans, Sheahan, Williams

Trade Bait (only because contracted)

Morton Davey Fitz Gysberts Sylvia

Possible Delistings

Bennell Bartram Petterd Bate Dunn Spencer Jetta Moloney Sellar Bail Strauss (Rookies excluded)

Rookie Deal

Elevate - Nicho Evans (maybe)

Another year - Sheahan Williams

We have been an absolutely crud team this year with big question marks on a number of players and a cleanout beckons.

The number of players being listed as B grade is laughable and the trade bait is as appealing as old fish in the hot sun.

Next year I would hope this would be radically different as some of the C and Ds blossom. Some may fall away. And some fit rather than injured could show more.

Grade

A -

Clark,

B +

Jones

B-

Frawley,

C+

C

C-

D - Barest pass mark

Too young to tell atm.

Bate, Dunn, Petterd, Morton, Bennell, Fitzpatrick, Couch, Cook, Davey, Jurrah, MacDonald

My list of departures not in any order will not be the same as Neelds but here goes:

Delist:

Bate, Dunn, Petterd, Bennell, Fitzpatrick, Cook, MacDonald, (if Davey and Morton stay on main list I would add Jetta and Cook)

Move to rookie list:

Davey, Morton

Trade

Retire:

Brad Green

Magner - Couch to go

I don't agree with every ranking, but you'll never get consensus on these things. In all it's far more accurate than any other. I think you're a little harsh on Sylvia, as his last 6 weeks has been pretty good, although the difference between his best and worst is an indictment at his age. He's lazy beyond belief. that said, broken vertebrae in your back will curtail your early season form.

Those rating Watts A-, or B+ is extraordinary.

There's a point to that?

You'd have to ask the OP that question...however, the way I read it was that he was giving grades to the listed players' performances this year, in much the same way we were graded at school; I may be wrong, but that's just how I interpreted it.

Grade

A -

Clark,

B +

Jones

B-

Frawley,

C+

C

C-

D - Barest pass mark

Too young to tell atm.

Delist:

Move to rookie list:

Davey, Morton

Trade

Retire:

Brad Green

Magner - Couch to go

Good assessment. (except Sylvia lol) I started this topic outer frustration of fans, whom ask why we are struggling near the bottom, The coach is no good etc. By grading the players it shows where they are at. Whom has upside cause of development and age. Whom has reached there peak and whom is going downhill. It does show that we need alot of improvement from our core group. We need 10 players etc doing what Jones has done this year etc. We need more A players and majority in the B which we dont have. So Im backing in Neeld to fix that.

In 2012 my wish list would be.

(A Grade needs to be in All Australian consideration)

A grade - Clark, Jones, Sylvia, Frawley, Jamar, Moloney

B Grade- Watts, Trengrove, Grimes, Howe, McDonald, Blease, Nicholson, Garland, McKenzie.

If we got further improvement out of that group, would be enough to have an impact alone.

Grade

A++ ---------------------------------------------

A+ ----------------------------------------------

A - Clark

B + Jones, Frawley

B - McKenzie, Rivers, Trengove, Garland, Grimes

C + Jamar, Howe, Watts, TMcDonald, Green, Martin, Sylvia, Bartram,

C Moloney, Nicholson, Strauss, Blease, Tapscott, Petterd, Davey, Jurrah, JMacDonald, Magner

C - Spencer, Gysberts, Jetta, Gawn, Sellar,

D - Fitzpatrick,

E - Bate, Dunn, Morton, Bennell,

Too soon to judge... Davis, Taggert, Tynan, Sheahan, Williams, Couch, Cook,

Move to rookie list: Bennell? Morton?

I don't agree with every ranking, but you'll never get consensus on these things. In all it's far more accurate than any other. I think you're a little harsh on Sylvia, as his last 6 weeks has been pretty good, although the difference between his best and worst is an indictment at his age. He's lazy beyond belief. that said, broken vertebrae in your back will curtail your early season form.

Those rating Watts A-, or B+ is extraordinary.

I guess it was Sylvia's continual laziness as a footballer that really impairs his value. I hope he finishes off the year well. Better than he did last year.

Good assessment. (except Sylvia lol) I started this topic outer frustration of fans, whom ask why we are struggling near the bottom, The coach is no good etc. By grading the players it shows where they are at. Whom has upside cause of development and age. Whom has reached there peak and whom is going downhill. It does show that we need alot of improvement from our core group. We need 10 players etc doing what Jones has done this year etc. We need more A players and majority in the B which we dont have. So Im backing in Neeld to fix that.

Agree. But i dont think Sylvia is one of them on this years output.

I don't think there's anyone at Melbourne rated as an "A" grade player. Although you could make a case for Jones as having an "A" grade season, but even that is arguable from my point of view.

In order to have an A grade season you need to star. I don't think Jones is recognised as having done that universally or on a consistent basis.

That's just how I roll.

PS. Those rating Clark as A grade, I think have gone early.

His contribution from a crap midfield and a bottom side has been outstanding up to when he was injured.

If we can get him fit, better supply from the midfield with some alternative options up forward he move through the "A" category.

Its all opinion I know and your point the "A" definition is indeed valid. had he been fit I reckon we would be touting Clark's year. He has missed out on 2 of the 3 cash in games (GWS and GC) also. But Clark has shown to me that he is a matchwinner in his own right ....even for a team loser like MFC.

I don't think there's anyone at Melbourne rated as an "A" grade player. Although you could make a case for Jones as having an "A" grade season, but even that is arguable from my point of view.

In order to have an A grade season you need to star. I don't think Jones is recognised as having done that universally or on a consistent basis.

That's just how I roll.

PS. Those rating Clark as A grade, I think have gone early.

Agree on Clark, a few have jumped the starter's gun there. But I'm happy to elevate the Chunkster to that category. He'd get a start in the Hawhorn and Collingwood midfields I reckon on this year's form.

Agree on Clark, a few have jumped the starter's gun there. But I'm happy to elevate the Chunkster to that category. He'd get a start in the Hawhorn and Collingwood midfields I reckon on this year's form.

At around number 6 to 8 in their respective midfields. Now wait for the starter's gun Rover.

At around number 6 to 8 in their respective midfields. Now wait for the starter's gun Rover.

I'd have him 6th at the Pies and 5th at the Hawks.

Pendlebury

Thomas

Swan

Beams

Sidebottom

Jones

Ball

Wellingham

Mitchell

Rioli

Hodge

Lewis

Jones

Sewell

Shiels

Savage

Edited by Range Rover

* Based on 2012 Season.

A - Grade

Clark, Jones

B +

B-

Talented but injured

Bartram, Jamar, Jurrah

Proven but ageing

Davey, Green

Starting Out

Trade Bait

Possible Delistings

Lawerence.

Good call Deano!

Call it as you see it and don't be afraid to put it out there. Can't see anything I disagree with apart from Petterd. He's had a bad year but is the type who good do real well in a better environment and Melbourne could well be that next season. Watch out for Leigh Williams.