Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Black Caviar

H_T

Fourteen from fourteen against the best in Australia has to offer. Great name, grand horse. Deserves her own thread.

I don't think I've seen a jockey pull the whip on her. On Saturday at the turn she was coasting whilst the other horses were at full stride with the whips starting to crack.

Freak horse. Just like Makybe Diva before her. Different horse is Black Caviar though, a sprinter. 1000m-1200m and maybe 1400m in her.

Peter Moody and connections have been literally KOTD. He'll take her to Ascot next winter (our winter) to take on the world.

Anyone catch a glimpse of her run ? If you blinked you would have missed her, she's that fast !

• 2 weeks later...

BC must go overseas now. She has no opposition in this country....She is superb, don't get me wrong. But if she keeps racing in this country it will have a bit of the Anthony Mundine's about it.

She must leave and race the Earths best, not just Australia's

BC must go overseas now. She has no opposition in this country....She is superb, don't get me wrong. But if she keeps racing in this country it will have a bit of the Anthony Mundine's about it.

She must leave and race the Earths best, not just Australia's

16/16

I think Peter Moody intends to see how she pulls up and then let her travel to Perth by air (get her used to some flying) for a $500 K race at Ascot, Perth. Then will spell before an autumn onslaught here where she may well step up to 1400m (think it's the Orr Stakes and Futurity Stakes) that will have a 2-3 race campaign before heading to England for the King Stand or Golden Jubilee - where she will take on the world.

So WYL, you can stop the "Anthony Mundine comparison" hand wringing.

If she gets to 21 in a row, she will have the longest winning streak in Australian/New Zealand racing history.

Freak.

PS. Just wondering that if she handles the 1400m well enough, then if she is successful in the UK - if the 2012 Cox Plate 2040m comes into her radar (or her owners radar). Distance is the worry, but she certainly has the finishing pace. She makes it look so easy.

16/16

I think Peter Moody intends to see how she pulls up and then let her travel to Perth by air (get her used to some flying) for a $500 K race at Ascot, Perth. Then will spell before an autumn onslaught here where she may well step up to 1400m (think it's the Orr Stakes and Futurity Stakes) that will have a 2-3 race campaign before heading to England for the King Stand or Golden Jubilee - where she will take on the world.

So WYL, you can stop the "Anthony Mundine comparison" hand wringing.

If she gets to 21 in a row, she will have the longest winning streak in Australian/New Zealand racing history.

Freak.

PS. Just wondering that if she handles the 1400m well enough, then if she is successful in the UK - if the 2012 Cox Plate 2040m comes into her radar (or her owners radar). Distance is the worry, but she certainly has the finishing pace. She makes it look so easy.

The last 2 races should not have happened.....4 contenders & 6 contenders....BC never got out of second gear, so nobody really knows her distance limits yet.....

The sooner she goes international the better for all involved....Dead Set Magnificent horse, who i am proud to be able to watch, But it is like the Beatles staying in Liverpool....They had to move on..

The sooner she goes international the better for all involved....Dead Set Magnificent horse, who i am proud to be able to watch, But it is like the Beatles staying in Liverpool....They had to move on..

BC pulls up sore from Saturday's race and is scratched from Perth. Wont be back untii next Autumn

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horseracing/black-caviar-to-miss-perth-race-20111107-1n2mo.html

I hope good sense frrom those who know temper the rush to risk the horse overseas prematurely.

I remember Secretariat winning the Triple Crown in 1973. And I'm not a horse racing follower. Secretariat won the final leg, the Belmont by a massive 31 lengths. Imagine a horse winning a major race like the Melbourne Cup by 31 lengths!

This clip is amazing. See how the cameraman and director of the footage don't know what to do at about the 1min 30 second mark. Keep two horses in the frame or give up and just show the leader?

I remember Secretariat winning the Triple Crown in 1973. And I'm not a horse racing follower. Secretariat won the final leg, the Belmont by a massive 31 lengths. Imagine a horse winning a major race like the Melbourne Cup by 31 lengths!

This clip is amazing. See how the cameraman and director of the footage don't know what to do at about the 1min 30 second mark. Keep two horses in the frame or give up and just show the leader?

Was the real final margin 31 lengths ?? That is massive if true.

Yes, he officially won by 31 lengths. Here's a good story from Belmont Stake's official website

He started at odds of 1/10 that day.

Secretariat also was the highest (of 3) non-human athletes in ESPN's list of 100 top North American athletes of the 20th century.

And, I repeat, I'm not a horse racing fan. It just captured my imagination when it happened.

• 2 months later...

*BUMP*

Now 18 wins on end. Looking to extend this over the next two weeks to an Australiasian record 20 wins in-a-row. Unbelievable. An absolute treat to be around possibly Australia's greatest horse ever produced. She leaves the best horses she races against, for dead.

Trainer Peter Moody plans to take her to Europe. If she is successful, she will arguably be up there with Pharlap, if not possibly considered greater. She is already pulling through thousands through the gate on her own accord and the mass following is gathering momentum.

She has won easily over distances from 1000m to 1400m. The next best rivals connections are steering clear of fields Black Caviar enters, for fear of rocking their horses confidence.

Her last race on Saturday over 1400m, when finishing pulling up in a coast - she could have gone around again. Demolished her rivals is not an accurate summation. Obliterated is a more suitable description. She is quite capable of extending to 1600m which could possibly see a match race (overseas in June) between her and Frankel an undefeated European horse considered of equal greatness. There are already some murmurs of the Cox Plate (2040m) maybe within reach. Fact is, she is easily the best sprinter this country has ever produced with freakish ability to appear to be coasting as her rivals are under the whip and losing ground.

Stand-by Australia, you're already seeing something great for Australia and witnessing history in racing, but you're about to see something amazing come to fruition this year.

Sure she is a great mare. But the wheels will fall off the bandwagon if she goes over more than a mile . Currently as good as Takeover Target or Vain but she is not the best ever .

Have a look at Carbine, Phar Lap's grand sire on both sides .

The Greatest Ever against quality and large fields in big races at high weights .

Black Caviar is dodging decent opposition- or there isn't any good enough for her .

Credit to Moody for placing her in soft , winnable races .

Hard to compare her against the greatest but time and distance will tell if she steps up .

Northerly , Vain , Saintly , Tulloch , Kingston Town , TT , Phar Lap, Makybe Diva and Phar Lap are perhaps better although defeated in their careers .

Credit to Moody for placing her in soft , winnable races .

Absolutely agree - over-rated, soft-c**k mare.

Why didn't Moody put her in against that one that won the Newmarket last year in the fastest ever time, with an all-time weight carrying record for a mare to boot. Or the one that has by numerous defeats in Group 1's broken the heart of Hay List (in the handful of best sprinters in the world). Or the one that buckled at the start of its 4th run, hitting the ground and still winning against a class field, despite tearing its chest muscles at the beginning of the race. The one rated last year by overseas experts as the best horse in the world.

Wait a minute...that was Black Caviar.

Don't care if Usain Bolt can't win gold over the 3000m steeple. He's the best. Ditto, BC deserves her accolades as a sprinter of the very highest quality.

She has an International rating of 130. The highest recorded of recent times was So You Think (125)and Makybe Diva (124).

That is a significant gap against the highest calibre of racing in the last decade.

To say Moody places her in soft fields is ill-informed nonsense. Connections avoid taking on her if anything. Moody had to fill races with his own horses last spring, to offer her competition and avoid fields of just 3 or 4.

I don't recall any race club open it's gates for free for racing before. Black Caviar is racing into equine immortality. Actually, scrub that she already has long ago.

Ratings schmatings .

She has beaten Hay List .

Sepoy and her are dodging each other .

That will be a test .

I'm not saying she isn't great .

I'm saying she isn't the best until she beats the best .

So You think would kill her at the mile- that would be a race .(Although Aiden O'B has butchered him )

Can you deny she has been placed in races far below her quality for soft kills?

Front running , back slapping ,hyping her up is great but she hasn't been tested .

So you admit she has had soft fields because they dodge her? Agreed .

Bring on Sepoy at 1400 to a mile and we'll talk about best after that .

Ratings take in win / loss record. If she carries 60 in a GP 1 against Sepoy and wins then I'll listen to bandwagon boys like you lot .

Carbine was the best ever. EVERY other OZ/Kiwi champ is from his blood .

Black Caviar is merely on the way to greatness .

Edited by Biffen

Black Caviar is merely on the way to greatness .

So, we agree !

Jump on board anyway...

Btw, she has beaten Hay List three times. Hasn't Hay List beaten Sepoy ? She hasn't been tested, because she's been far too good !

http://www.heraldsun...s-1226272103407

I said she was the best sprinter (1000m-1200m), once you get to 1400m + it's not just sprinters. But so far she has brained them at 1400m and should do again Saturday week in the Futurity. You can only beat who enters and she has done that extraordinarily well.

Furthermore, Black Caviar hasn't avoided anyone. her connections have clearly mapped out paths for her in the media in advance,

On the way to greatness is different to "The Greatest" .

Sepoy is a baby .BC is 5 and lightly raced (against weak opponents ).

Good to see you read up and then come back with some more info .

Moody places her in fields where Sepoy isn't .

Keep on her though- you'll make a fortune if you've already got one .

Otherwise ,tell us something new .

We'll see her at a mile when Moody grows a pair -I suggest you jump off then .

Sepoy lost to Smart Missile who then went on to beat Hay List .

Pretty sure I said "possibly Australia's greatest" ....give you an inch and you take a yard. But be sure to check, anyway.

You have a way with words Biff.

Where is Sepoy now anyway ? Spelling ? In work ? At jumpout stage before prep ?

It's a bit hard to avoid Sepoy when Sepoy isn't entering races.

Love your work though.

Pretty sure I said "possibly Australia's greatest" ....give you an inch and you take a yard. But be sure to check, anyway.

You have a way with words Biff.

Where is Sepoy now anyway ? Spelling ? In work ? At jumpout stage before prep ?

It's a bit hard to avoid Sepoy when Sepoy isn't entering races.

Love your work though.

Sepoy is on the way to Dubai-if you know everything ,I shouldn't need to tell you .

After the Oakliegh plate .

Edited by Biffen

Sepoy is on the way to Dubai-if you know everything ,I shouldn't need to tell you .

After the Oakliegh plate .

If Sepoy didn't enter the Orr, Lightning and Futurity - which two of have been mapped out since last spring for Black Caviar - who is avoiding who ?

Not that it matters, but if I knew everything, I wouldn't need to ask your expertise on where Sepoy is at, would I ?

You could do without the chest beating.

Just a point of fact mate.

They are avoiding each other for now .

Sepoy is going to the Oakliegh Plate .

The may meet in Dubai .

Which will be disappointing for Aussies because it won't be on TV .

Black Caviar is a great horse OK .

Greatest Australian sprinter ever-perhaps .

Greatest oz horse ever - No Way .

I like Black Caviar & she is one Mighty Horse...but i am getting tired of her Australian Races.

It is like watching a V8 Supercar up against a Mini....The horse doesn't even get out of 3rd geaar.

I would prefer to see Black Caviar race the clock...so we get a true speed reading...Bet against the clock...

Will be interesting to see what the Arab Shieks put up against her...The Poms don't have anything quicker..