Support MFC not AFL

heartbeatstrue

Lying there this morning thinking of the duplicity and deceit and greed of the AFL, how can supporters protest to the AFL by hitting them where it will hurt & be effective? Something to register our strong protest at the hurt they have caused to MFC all year since China, until the culmination yesterday in the painful reality when it finally showed its colours and put its hand up to grab $2 mill in the first year (obscene that the AFL has contrived such a possibility).

It's not easy to think of ways, while still strongly supporting the Dees. Here's some thoughts - not even sure if they'd all work? What are the possibilities we can think of?

- any AFL members relinquish and join MFC instead;

- stop buying footy records (presumably AFL owns the franchise?);

- bail from Foxtel (would this affect the AFL if enough bailed out?);

- trash the GWS brand at every opportunity.

Mind's numb, any good ideas? It just seems that the AFL can't give a stuff about supporters of clubs like MFC or even the Tige's, all they care about is power from expansion and $$$$ to the detriment of OUR game.

Guest Buster Bluth

There's 72 virgins waiting for the right person......lol

Yeah, but when you find out they're middle-aged guys that watch Star Trek, your whole mindset changes.

It's not easy to think of ways, while still strongly supporting the Dees. Here's some thoughts - not even sure if they'd all work? What are the possibilities we can think of?

Does anyone actually buy footy records. It used to be mandatory for me but I havent bought one for probably 10 years now.

Been doing all of that and have now moved to an anti-expansion footing. Some might call that narrow minded but I won't make a bit difference to me if some kid in Western Sydney decides to play AFL. Even if in 30 years they start producing players they will all be priority zone picks for GWS or Sydeney!

I think this is relatively easy to do and something that all Melbourne supporters should consider (and Geelong supporters given the compensation they received for Ablett).

It's not about rejecting footy, just the AFL. For example:

- don't do footy tipping on the AFL website, use another website

- don't do dreamteam, do Supercoach only if you have to

- don't buy merchandise unless it's from the MFC shop

- if you're not a member already, sign up as a member rather than paying at the gate

etc

I'm not sure what boycotting the AFL will achieve. They want to expand the competition, and they don't have a grudge against us, that is just you being insecure.

Blame those that were in charge of deciding to target $ully. Or blame $ully for being a bit of a prima donna and not being able to assimilate into a football club. Oh, and liking a bit of money money money!

we'll hurt GWS in a couple of years. first we have to suck them off a bit more to get the first pick in the mini draft and get O'meara by trading future first round pick to them which will be pick 2 for them next year as they'll come bottom. Then we load up a package and take John patton of their hands. we will see who wins this battle.

we'll hurt GWS in a couple of years. first we have to suck them off a bit more to get the first pick in the mini draft and get O'meara by trading future first round pick to them which will be pick 2 for them next year as they'll come bottom. Then we load up a package and take John patton of their hands. we will see who wins this battle.

I don't get it. Don't they have a raft of picks in next year's draft anyway? They won't be doing us any favours i assure you.

first we have to suck them off a bit more to get the first pick in the mini draft

LOL! I don't know how I missed that before- but these pretty MFC lips won't be going anywhere near GWS' disco stick!

I have never supported the AFL, I'm on Grant Thomas's side, they are pathetic and do nothing but stuff the game, always supported the Demons but hate Demetriou &cronies with a passion.

No offence but you're kidding yourself if you think I'm ditching my AFL Gold membership.

I'll be buying a membership next year too though. And I haven't bought the record since 1994.

I was an AFL Gold Member for 10 years but at the end of the day all it got me was access to a few Richmond games when I went with my cousin and one final every two years when I went with my girlfriend (who barracks for Geelong). There was no point trying to get Grand Final tickets because none of my mates are AFL members so I'd rather sit around a BBQ with some beers watching that than sitting by myself at the 'G. I thought I'd regret giving up my AFL ticket but I haven't missed it one iota.

At the end of the day I'd much rather give ~$500 to the MFC guaranteeing me a GF ticket should we ever make it and depriving the AFL of my ~$500 (when you take my family into account as well this is closer to ~$2000-$2500). MFC only gets about ~$150 from the AFL membership. It's all well and good to say people are kidding themselves if they think you'll give up an AFL membership and at the end of the day it's your choice, but I think if you want to truly support the MFC and not the AFL (who would like nothing better than to see clubs like MFC, NMFC, Footscray etc either merge or relocate) then there is only one option.

As for the AFL Record I stopped buying those when they went over $2.50-$3. Seriously what are they now $5-$6? What a joke. Bring back the mini newspaper version that cost 99 cents.