Sylvia gone too ??

GIRO

Guest hangon007

Agree and the worrying part for me is it has definately gone backwards since last year.

Wonder if that has anything to do with the average age of our list going backwards ...

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Tweed Pig

You are talking absolute rubbish ... if you cant work that out ... sorry. The deal is done ... unless West Coast can come up with a rip snorting deal for GWS ... which I doubt they will, but suppose you cant underestimate them.

You are talking [censored] ... you just dont know how the system works ... but thats fine by me.

Face palm was invented because of this guy. ^^^

GWS can still have him easily - next year

Only GWS can trade him this year. If they don't care to then they can pick him up next year as an 18yo because they have so many priority picks

As for their 4 x 17yo trades, there are plenty of other nominees and they have two years to use them

He has entered the mini draft, the only way GWS can have him is if they dont trade any picks this year to the mini draft, get pick on for the 2012 draft then select him.

They dont trade players to clubs they trade picks to a draft which O'Meara is a part of

Rubbish. GWS never had the option.

And WC & Freo have to barter for O'Meara just like everyone else.

If another team offers more, they can wave goodbye.

I know there's theories that Palmer is gone, and the comp pick will be used to trade for O'Meara, but another team can always offer a better pick or player.

It's not even close to being a fair accompli.

The option may be, not trading any picks to the mini draft this year, as it runs over 2 years i believe

Then banking on finishing last next year

Then select O'Mear with pick 1 during the 2012 draft

Guest hangon007

The option may be, not trading any picks to the mini draft this year, as it runs over 2 years i believe

Then banking on finishing last next year

Then select O'Mear with pick 1 during the 2012 draft

Unlikely ... he is Freo bound unless Eagles pull a ripper deal out of their backsides.

Wonder if that has anything to do with the average age of our list going backwards ...

Maybe, but God forbid he actually have to work a bit harder in that case.....

but that is up to him, no-one can force (especially the Dees at the moment apparently) this attitude onto him.

He has to want to be a better player and thus be prepared to work harder to get it, like Thomas has done.

Unfortunately for Sylvia that seems a little difficult, but he still wants to be paid very handsomely.

I would rather keep him than lose him, but he doesn't deserve massive contract increases until he can prove himself consistently.

And this throughout all his years with us, he has yet to do.

Col reminds me of that gifted kid at school. Never had to study to ohard ( if at all) got good marks and coasted through on nautral ability. Other kids not so similarly able had to knuckle down and work at their subjects. At times theyd outperform the 'natural one" and eventually they went further as they learnt the value of effort, hard consistent effort.

We've all known these types. theres nothiing particularly 100% about Sylvia unfortunately, except his opinion of self wortth :rolleyes:

Guest hangon007

We've all known these types. theres nothiing particularly 100% about Sylvia unfortunately, except his opinion of self wortth :rolleyes:

heheheheheh ... terrible fail. You are telling us... if somebody offered you nearly double you salarly to leave to do exactly the same job you would not strongly consider it.

Sure YOU would ... its life.

You are talking absolute rubbish & insulting one of our players at the same time. You are biased & blind its just crazy logic you are trying to justify due to blind faith.

However, another great example of Melbourne supporters .... DO as I say not as I do.

Compromise mate, grow some balls, understand the real situation.

Guest hangon007

So do i...Viney to put him on notice.

I'm not so sure that is fact, I think he is not 100% right physically. Looks like he might be caring a minor injury and could do with a reduction in load for a week. Col plays on G&D when his body is not 100% right, but in AFL thats not enough.

heheheheheh ... terrible fail. You are telling us... if somebody offered you nearly double you salarly to leave to do exactly the same job you would not strongly consider it.

Sure YOU would ... its life.

You are talking absolute rubbish & insulting one of our players at the same time. You are biased & blind its just crazy logic you are trying to justify due to blind faith.

However, another great example of Melbourne supporters .... DO as I say not as I do.

Compromise mate, grow some balls, understand the real situation.

what ever you do...please...please dont bother to deal with the facts..or the notion offered.

You talk of money..I talked of effort.

Youre the one failing here..and all can see it.

You offer rubbish dressed up as inuendo disguised as intellect.

Rubbish.,...is just rubbish

Lazy is just lazy..

Somehting you and Col seem to have in common

I'm not so sure that is fact, I think he is not 100% right physically. Looks like he might be caring a minor injury and could do with a reduction in load for a week. Col plays on G&D when his body is not 100% right, but in AFL thats not enough.

Todd Viney just confirmed on Triple M that both Jurrah and Sylvia were dropped for form and for "not performing key fundamentals over several weeks".

Garry Lyon said that they won't be back in the senior team until they show that they are prepared to do these.

So ... you're wrong. And so much for the player having the whip hand over the club! :rolleyes:

Todd Viney just confirmed on Triple M that both Jurrah and Sylvia were dropped for form and "not performing key fundamentals over several weeks".

Garry Lyon said that they won't be back in the senior team until they show that they are prepared to do these.

So ... you're wrong. And so much for the player having the whip hand over the club! :rolleyes:

When has this been about having a whip hand.... for either the club or players? That is the sort of combative bulltish that will ensure long term failure.

For me this is about ensuring there is enough belief in the club and its direction left after 5 absolutely crap years to give us something to build around. Don't spend your morning rejoicing the dropping of one of our most talented.....especially if it moves from being bruise free to something else today

When has this been about having a whip hand.... for either the club or players? That is the sort of combative bulltish that will ensure long term failure.

For me this is about ensuring there is enough belief in the club and its direction left after 5 absolutely crap years to give us something to build around. Don't spend your morning rejoicing the dropping of one of our most talented.....especially if it moves from being bruise free to something else today

The point of my post was to refute Hangon007's repeated assertion that Sylvia is injured or fatigued. He is not.

Hangon007 also keeps saying that the power rests solely with the player in this day and age when clearly it does not. Anyone getting ahead of themselves can quickly be brought back to earth with a red pen at the selection table.

I agree with you that being combative in every instance is not the way forward but this was a clear example of a statement that needed to be made.

Do I rejoice in that? Absolutely. About bloody time.

Edited by Range Rover

The point of my post was to refute Hangon007's repeated assertion that Sylvia is injured or fatigued. He is not.

Hangon007 also keeps saying that the power rests solely with the player in this day and age when clearly it does not. Anyone getting ahead of themselves can quickly be brought back to earth with a red pen at the selection table.

I agree with you that being combative in every instance is not the way forward but this was a clear example of a statement that needed to be made.

Totally agree.

................ I agree with you that being combative in every instance is not the way forward but this was a clear example of a statement that needed to be made.

Absolutely! It's about sticking to team disciplines, doing the team things ALL of the time, not just when it suits. The only snag in the argument is that there should be a few others at Casey tomorrow as well. After today's performance against Carlton, their turn might come next week.

Guest hangon007

Fat lot of good it did us today. :) Who you going to sack this week? We are going to have no players left soon.

Bring in the young kids to get slaughtered. Its absolutely ridiculous. I can see why Todd does not want to coach.

PS Col is carrying something, his stats and body language is a dead set give away.

Edited by hangon007

I hope like hell that Col stays with us but if he were to leave with Sydney the most interested, i'd ask for Sam Reid. If we got Reid for Col, i'd be sad to see him go, but happy with the swap.

Even if Col does stay on, i'd really want the recruiting department to go all out in luring Sam Reid to the club. He'd be a fantastic acquisition to our forward line and would play the role of FF/CHF really well. He, like Cook, can play both CHF/CHB and their versatility could be used as a real weapon.

Edited by Demon Disciple

I hope like hell that Col stays with us but if he were to leave with Sydney the most interested, i'd ask for Sam Reid. If we got Reid for Col, i'd be sad to see him go, but happy with the swap.

Even if Col does stay on, i'd really want the recruiting department to go all out in luring Sam Reid to the club. He'd be a fantastic acquisition to our forward line and would play the role of FF/CHF really well. He, like Cook, can play both CHF/CHB and their versatility could be used as a real weapon.

Reid would be in the top 5 young players in the comp. Zero chance Sydney will let him go. I can see why you`d be happy with the trade though, he`ll be a far better player than Col ever will, but I doubt the Swans are that dumb!

just so I am clear, having played for picks and gotten the most talented young players available aggregated at the club and done next to notthing with them (other than set them up to go with our disgraceful performances), is the prescription now that we just need to lure a few more top young players from other sides?

Wake up

Fat lot of good it did us today. :) Who you going to sack this week? We are going to have no players left soon.

Bring in the young kids to get slaughtered. Its absolutely ridiculous. I can see why Todd does not want to coach.

PS Col is carrying something, his stats and body language is a dead set give away.

His stats and body language do give something away. But it has nothing to do with his physical fitness.

And what would Lyon and Viney know hey? lol