The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

Terrific posts goodoil (and with due respect to those who post here, somewhat wasted in this thread).

Surprised that Redleg missed your point. We sat through quite a few of those CAC drafts shaking our heads in dismay at what was happening.

I rate the Morton, Grimes, Maric, McNamara and Cheney draft as another disaster, all of it generated by our failure to realise the importance of getting the priority draft pick that year. Our wins against the Bulldogs at the Dome and in the Kreuzer Cup were costly as well. How much of our history could have been changed for the better had we list managed properly and chosen a decent coach at the end of that year?

You are right I used the wrong instrument to attack BP.

I stand by this comment however and am willing to look at any argument you want to put up to counter it, "BP is the main cause of our on field problems."

A samurai sword would have been a better instrument.....

I had a great weekend till 4.40 sunday.

Went to see a mates side in the Amos ( he is the Fin Director Williamstown) average skill levels but they all had a go and they won.

A couple of drinks after the game and we all sang the song ( well i muddled through )

Baby sitting Saturday night and Mum's day lunch yesterday before the MCG disaster.

Really I expected pretty much what I got.

Surprisingly the world has not ended, the sun came up today.

Next week Uni Blacks plays De La Salle top of the table clash.

Might go and watch it at least I will go with the thought that my side has a good chance of winning.

• Like 1

When you think it can't get worse it does.

oh it can get a lot worse than this. just picture us at the end of the year stone cold last with 1 win, a shocking percentage, no coach, dwindling members, another clean out of players that are either no good or have requested trades and a 1.5 million loss. it paints a very sad picture and to be honest i cant really see it being anything other than that, if we are lucky we might snag another win and stay above GWS but i doubt it

Our football has destroyed my interest in the game for this year at least. I actually think I am getting numb to our performances. I thought there were several seagulls who played better than some of our players last sunday.

PS. If the Coach had any positive input into getting Pedersen, Gillies, Byrnes and Rodan, then he has no idea of what is needed in modern AFL football.

• Like 1

Our football has destroyed my interest in the game for this year at least. I actually think I am getting numb to our performances. I thought there were several seagulls who played better than some of our players last sunday.

PS. If the Coach had any positive input into getting Pedersen, Gillies, Byrnes and Rodan, then he has no idea of what is needed in modern AFL football.

Every time I see Pedersen play I swear I can hear laughter from Arden Street.
  • Like 1

I think people are a bit hard on Molan.......Did a horrific knee when he first came to the club and never recovered.......

I saw a terrific game of footy on Saturday afternoon. B Grade ammos where they get paid nothing and put in a suitcase more effort than some of the blokes I saw the following day.

Come to think of it, my grandson's under 9s ...

It just shows how unwilling our boys are to play for each other. Good local sides go hard for one another because they are mates, so what does that make the lads down at the MFC?

Not just local sides, all good sides are willing to work hard for each other.

I mentioned earlier on here I saw a Amos game on Saturday third level.

Similar to you WJ they played like there was no tomorrow for each other.

And all they get is a pat on the back from a hundred supporters if they are lucky.

We have sure messed up somewhere

• Like 1

I never understood why we seemed so desperate to get him.

BTW how is Gys going at Werribee?

Not sure replacing one poor pick with another is making a lot of progress.

Have not looked the last two weeks Redleg but the first few games he did not get a mention.

PS just checked last weekends game.

Following line from the game report

"Jordan Gysberts (23 possessions, 1 goal) played in a slightly different role today as a winger. Gys took a step forward today."

Not sure replacing one poor pick with another is making a lot of progress.

Have not looked the last two weeks Redleg but the first few games he did not get a mention.

PS just checked last weekends game.

Following line from the game report

"Jordan Gysberts (23 possessions, 1 goal) played in a slightly different role today as a winger. Gys took a step forward today."

That was not what I was actually getting at, as of course Gys was pick 11 and not the bloke we all thought we would get. But then again we aren't as smart as BP.

Well i'll do my best -

Bell - baddish pick, Smith - horrendous pick - Dunn - baddish pick - Bate - bad pick Morton - bad pick - Maric - bad pick - Molan - horrendous pick - Rogers - horrendous pick - Armstrong - baddish pick. Petterd - baddish pick.

A line can be put through all those picks and those are selections should have built a strong foundation for the club and be in the side today.

Prendergast's selections are only now reaching the point at which they should be impacting games and they are playing in a terrible side that should be stronger and its hurting their development.

So I will put forward that Craig Cameron has a very big part to play and at the current time is as responsible, if you want to use recruiting as the essence of our on field problems. I just think it's unfair on Prendergast to totally blame him. The Molan, Rogers draft is the single biggest atrocity in our drafting history.

Spot on from my POV.

Interesting article in the Age by Michael Gleeson, on Dees and Dogs. It shows that the Dogs have performed worse over the last 18 games and despite the extraordinary events that engulfed the Dees and their injury list, we cop it, while the Dogs fly under the radar.

Interesting article in the Age by Michael Gleeson, on Dees and Dogs. It shows that the Dogs have performed worse over the last 18 games and despite the extraordinary events that engulfed the Dees and their injury list, we cop it, while the Dogs fly under the radar.

Because we shoot ourselves in the foot at every turn Redleg.

Tanking, sacking our ceo a few days after saying he is doing a good job, saying Dank not involved and it turns out our doctor was talking to him and captain may have used a banned substance. Insipid performance like sunday.

The list goes on.

Contrast the Dogs who at least look like they are having a good go at winning eg. Last Sunday they really only got run over in the last quarter.

Imagine if we kept OUR coach and let him see out the rebuild until the end of 2014

then we might show weve got some knackers.

we had to start somewhere and this was the reason we ended up with mn and the fd

good recruiting will follow and im surprised nobody wants to back the current fd

Because we shoot ourselves in the foot at every turn Redleg.

Tanking, sacking our ceo a few days after saying he is doing a good job, saying Dank not involved and it turns out our doctor was talking to him and captain may have used a banned substance. Insipid performance like sunday.

The list goes on.

Contrast the Dogs who at least look like they are having a good go at winning eg. Last Sunday they really only got run over in the last quarter.

Suppose so.

Imagine if we kept OUR coach and let him see out the rebuild until the end of 2014

then we might show weve got some knackers.

we had to start somewhere and this was the reason we ended up with mn and the fd

good recruiting will follow and im surprised nobody wants to back the current fd

The problem is that the vibe/rumour is that MN has lost the players and if that is so, he has to go. BTW they play like he has lost them.

i think the new rules put into place are hurting players who have got away with laziness for 3 years

the last 18 months have been massive change wise

IF they stick with the current ideas the players will realise that its either THIS WAY or else

the new players will follow these protocols and change will happen

unfortunately supporters dont want to see the rebuild

but nothing will change with a new coach, he may get a few wins and pats on the back from the club and fans

but unless he rebuilds , we will still be average

The problem is that the vibe/rumour is that MN has lost the players and if that is so, he has to go. BTW they play like he has lost them.

We are all forming our opinions from the outside and I have tried for the last 29 games to give MN the benefit of the doubt.

Add IMO that I believe we have the worst list in the competition by quite a long way and it is no surprise to me that we cannot win games.

My problem is I see little effort from the players in most games and the players seem absolutely lost.

From the first bounce they just look like they have not got a clue what they should be doing.

Those two things suggest to me there is disconnect between the players and the coaching team.

I have been of the opinion prior to last Sunday that the majority of our players are just not up to AFL standard

Hence the constant losses but now I am seriously considering the players have no idea what is expected of them when they hit the ground.

Unless there is a big change by years end we cannot go on with MN .

Without hope we headed for extinction.

Currently that is what I feel No Hope and I am sure I am not alone

Of course it could all come to a head this weekend.

A big loss / little effort like last weekend and my view will be what do we have to lose.

It will be time for change.

i think the new rules put into place are hurting players who have got away with laziness for 3 years

the last 18 months have been massive change wise

IF they stick with the current ideas the players will realise that its either THIS WAY or else

the new players will follow these protocols and change will happen

unfortunately supporters dont want to see the rebuild

but nothing will change with a new coach, he may get a few wins and pats on the back from the club and fans

but unless he rebuilds , we will still be average

I would settle for average ATM!!!!

i wont

i wanna rebuild

i want to see it through

average breeds average

average gets US nowhere

doing it tuff hurts but doing it properly counts

Me too Bbo.

Oh to be ninth of tenth on the ladder and consider you have a chance of winning half the games you play.

Sounds like heaven.