The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

What has happened to Demonland ?

Everyone who wants to say something creates a new thread.

I agree with Redleg it has become un readable.

Please can we show a little restraint and comment in an existing Thread where possible.

Ill put this here as moreoften than not the loonie element avoids it. lol

A new era has not quite been born yet but the idea of it was put into action with the rehabilitation of the football dept and associated areas. Whether all of those appointments prove fruitful the jury is still asleep awaiting a report on any life in the team.

We must now as a club look to remould the backroom. Schwabby is gone. I feel too it is now right and proper that the President look to his own replacement. If he is as has been purported a President not really of his own ambition then we need one who is.

The Backroom needs a sweepout I feel. Too many languishing ghosts and skeletons.

If we are to be a relevant and successful outfit lets build it., or rather lets finish constructing it.

edit : corrected as per Old's highlighting my syntax error..cheers

Edited by belzebub59

Please can we show a little restraint and comment in an existing Thread where possible.

Agree and I've said as much recently.

I've merged some threads, but there's many who still persist on starting a thread everytime a thought pops in their head or there's an article released.

Ill put this here as moreoften than not the loonie element avoids it. lol

A new era has not quite been born yet but the idea of it was put into action with the rehabilitation of the football dept and associated areas. Whether all of those appointments prove fruitful the jury is still asleep awaiting a report on any life in the team.

We must now as a club look to remould the backroom. Schwabby is gone. I feel too it is now right and proper that the CEO look to his own replacement. If he is as has been purported a CEO not really of his own ambition then we need one who is.

The Backroom needs a sweepout I feel. Too many languishing ghosts and skeletons.

If we are to be a relevant and successful outfit lets build it., or rather lets finish constructing it.

Hi bb You have me a little confused in the above are you referring to DM?

He is the Chairman not the CEO.

CS was the CEO.

Can you enlighten me please.

• Like 1

Agree and I've said as much recently.

I've merged some threads, but there's many who still persist on starting a thread everytime a thought pops in their head or there's an article released.

I don't envy your job H_T must drive you crazy

Hi bb You have me a little confused in the above are you referring to DM?

He is the Chairman not the CEO.

CS was the CEO.

Can you enlighten me please.

my bad...you read my gist right...i meant Pres.

ill correct it :) cheers

my bad...you read my gist right...i meant Pres.

ill correct it :) cheers

Ok I thought that was your aim

I agree

There is no doubt that DM became President purely because of Jimmy's health.

Fate is a strange thing.

With hindsight we have never recovered from losing JS

Ok I thought that was your aim

I agree

There is no doubt that DM became President purely because of Jimmy's health.

Fate is a strange thing.

With hindsight we have never recovered from losing JS

no...not yet.

Strange feeling tonight.

Five years ago we were a basket case

Then JS and CS came in as a team to save the club

The debt was extinguished and the rebuild of the team started.

We had lots of early draft picks and the way ahead looked good.

Now here we are in a worse spot than before they started.

Sadly the dream died a year or two ago.

I saw that the only way forward was for CS and DM to go.

The first half has happened and the second will probably happen before 2013 is over.

But tonight I feel nothing but sorrow.

How could such a noble and worth cause end this way?

Life sometimes really is a s--- sandwich.

All too often without the bread OD.

• Like 1

The Chairman will possibly go and probably should. Recent events probably dictate that. The Coach should be safe for a while, unless it is revealed that the players will not play for him. If that is the case he goes as well.

On the ground we bring in the young players and blood them.Perhaps a team with Gawn, Dawes, Evans, Kent, Taggert, Tynan and maybe Spencer will be better than one with Byrnes, Rodan, Jamar, Gillies and maybe Sylvia.Next year we can add Hogan and Barry and maybe a couple of class mids courtesy of our high pick and bonus priority pick.

We are financially sound ATM and it is the on field that has us in this position. That can turn around quicker than most people understand.

We need to find out if the Coach is any good and if not he goes. Keep turning over the list. Eliminate as far as possible draft mistakes, ( we have a new recruiting manager ). Ensure the best development of our kids. Draw a line in the sand and start to create the right culture. The new kids will see to that if we give them the right assistance.

Conclusion: stick fat, all is not lost, change, mixed with youth, talent, hunger and passion, can bring success.

• Like 6

Redleg for Pres !! he knows how its played !! :)

You have my vote so we up to 3.

Do you need a campaign manager Redleg?

We don't need a campaign manager, it will become obvious to the incumbents that I am being swept along by the great MFC membership and they will then annoint me.

I am working on my aims now. So far I have decided on the following:

Get the Dees to play hard, uncompromising, winning football,

Eliminate the word culture from our vocabulary,

Stop Carlton from getting use of the MCG as a home ground,

Lower food and drink prices at the G,

Get umpires to give us a fair go,

Get 2 Priority picks from the AFL for this year's draft,

Ban the MCC from banning anti T$ signs when we play GWS,

Free MFC ponchos when it rains,

Smash Carlton every time we play them,

Win 5 flags to put us ahead of the pack,

Get C Wilson to give CS a kiss and make up,

Get the media onside with free booze at all MFC media pressers,

Cheaper membership tickets and more freebies to go with them,

Release news through Demonland wherever possible,

Free live stream of MFC games through Demonland,

Free coffee and chat with members at least twice a year at AAMI park following a training session,

Create a truly inclusive club and to that end I welcome further suggestions,

many more to come.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 4

WJ tried that and was bagged by some [censored] who claimed he was trying to shut down debate.

Go figure!

• Like 1

We don't need a campaign manager, it will become obvious to the incumbents that I am being swept along by the great MFC membership and they will then annoint me.

I am working on my aims now. So far I have decided on the following:

Get the Dees to play hard, uncompromising, winning football,

Eliminate the word culture from our vocabulary,

Stop Carlton from getting use of the MCG as a home ground,

Lower food and drink prices at the G,

Get umpires to give us a fair go,

Get 2 Priority picks from the AFL for this year's draft,

Ban the MCC from banning anti T$ signs when we play GWS,

Free MFC ponchos when it rains,

Smash Carlton every time we play them,

Win 5 flags to put us ahead of the pack,

Get C Wilson to give CS a kiss and make up,

Get the media onside with free booze at all MFC media pressers,

Cheaper membership tickets and more freebies to go with them,

Release news through Demonland wherever possible,

Free live stream of MFC games through Demonland,

Free coffee and chat with members at least twice a year at AAMI park following a training session,

Create a truly inclusive club and to that end I welcome further suggestions,

many more to come.

If you can arrange an each way pay out for 4th on the tote, your a shoe in redleg!

I could probably swing the Alpaca vote your way RL but I would need an iron clad guarantee that "the boy from Burwood" ceases calling them camels.

The burwood vote is all stitched up down to the last camel

Time the man from maldon got those humpsters , cockies and hippies onboard

No more time for talk, just do it