The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

As usual the injuries start to mount, before we have even started. Blease is the latest.

I don't believe in curses, bad luck etc Redleg

But gee do we every get a good break.

It just shows how important it is to have good depth in your list.

Another 7-8 need to be changed again at the end of 2013

Not to be critical OD.......but we haven't played a game in 2013 yet and you already want 7-8 changes?????

Not to be critical OD.......but we haven't played a game in 2013 yet and you already want 7-8 changes?????

be as critical as you like Bossdog

The comment is based on at the end of the 2012 season we had IMO at best 20 players that were AFL standard or of a quality that would allow us to play finals football.

We changed 14 for season 2013. There are a couple like Rivers that walk because they wanted out that I am confident we would have kept.

That leaves 6 - 8 at min. that IMO need to be moved on at the end of 2013.

Lets not kid ourselves the list is still far from wonderful

who are the 7-8 ?? :)

is it because they have adversion to Bananas ?

Edited by belzebub59

There is luck in footy no doubt. Blues fall over the line against GWS who were killing them and then play an uninterested Swans side. They tank to buggery and don't get investigated. They have no injuries from the weekend or before that. Judd gets half of his Visy money in injury payments and gets his whole 3rd party payment and we are told no 3rd party payment to try and keep the number 1 draft pick of the year before. They have a supporter who helps them get 360 pokie machines to set themselves up again.

Yeah there is luck in footy alright.

• Like 1

be as critical as you like Bossdog

The comment is based on at the end of the 2012 season we had IMO at best 20 players that were AFL standard or of a quality that would allow us to play finals football.

We changed 14 for season 2013. There are a couple like Rivers that walk because they wanted out that I am confident we would have kept.

That leaves 6 - 8 at min. that IMO need to be moved on at the end of 2013.

Lets not kid ourselves the list is still far from wonderful

Don't be so sure

who are the 7-8 ?? :)

is it because they have adversion to Bananas ?

bb I am about to commit suicide by naming them.

With a couple of proviso's

The gods will fall upon me but here goes.

Davis - Has had plenty of time and cannot kick

Nicholson - Fast and gets the ball but cannot kick

Jetta - has had a lot of injuries but he will need a big 2013 to justify keeping IMO

Bail - cannot kick

J McDonald - cannot kick

Davey - past it I think and contract up at 30+

Fitzpatrick - had a long time on the list and little to show he can make it at AFL level.

In danger group

Tapscott - have yet to see what he brings besides aggression

Sylvia - Probably off under free agency

Gawn- needs to prove his body can stand up to AFL football this season.

Now I will wait for the wrath of Demonland to descend.

• Like 1

bb I am about to commit suicide by naming them.

With a couple of proviso's

The gods will fall upon me but here goes.

Davis - Has had plenty of time and cannot kick

Nicholson - Fast and gets the ball but cannot kick

Jetta - has had a lot of injuries but he will need a big 2013 to justify keeping IMO

Bail - cannot kick

J McDonald - cannot kick

Davey - past it I think and contract up at 30+

Fitzpatrick - had a long time on the list and little to show he can make it at AFL level.

In danger group

Tapscott - have yet to see what he brings besides aggression

Sylvia - Probably off under free agency

Gawn- needs to prove his body can stand up to AFL football this season.

Now I will wait for the wrath of Demonland to descend.

cant really argue with any of that !!!

At least we weren't embarrassed by Simon Buckley. He's a "former Collingwood" footballer now. ^_^

"A former Collingwood player with a shocking driving record told a magistrate that his licence was essential in his bid to regain a spot at an AFL club. But moments later, it was again suspended.

Simon Buckley yesterday pleaded guilty to driving with a suspended licence and at almost 20km/h above the speed limit in July last year.

The 25-year-old defender - delisted by the Magpies in October - told the Melbourne Magistrates' Court he was an unemployed professional footballer and needed his licence to travel to games for his new club, Echuca. He was playing there "in order to regain a spot on a football list".

Magistrate Duncan Reynolds said Buckley's prior drink-driving and speeding offences, plus this offence, illustrated his "apparent casual attitude" towards the value of having a licence.
Buckley, who represented himself in court, said his licence was suspended last year after he had exceeded the permitted total of demerit points by accepting some of his brother's driving offences.

Mr Reynolds warned him that falsely taking the demerit points of others was a serious offence. Prosecutor Senior Constable David Lee said Buckley was detected travelling at 99km/h in an 80km/h zone on the Monash Freeway at Burnley on July 31.

Buckley, who played 13 games for the Magpies last season, told police he thought his licence suspension "had been sorted out". He had no reason for exceeding the limit. He was convicted and fined $1800, his licence was suspended for one month, effective immediately, and he was ordered to pay $107 in legal costs. A Collingwood Football Club spokesman said Buckley's delisting was "entirely football-related".

Herald-Sun

What would be more embarrassing to us? That our rejects are actually good, or that they suck? Surely it's the latter.

I don't think we would be too happy if they both star and we got SFA for them. As a free agent Beamer was rated as crap by the AFL given our compo.

I don't think we would be too happy if they both star and we got SFA for them. As a free agent Beamer was rated as crap by the AFL given our compo.

Can you really blame the AFL for taking his performances in 2012 into account? Just saying.

Can you really blame the AFL for taking his performances in 2012 into account? Just saying.

Free agency is a subject we are all new to.

I think we have to get used to a lot of players ( particularly at poorer Clubs ) changing teams.

I have no doubt both players will give us grief in April.

They are both better than average and will want to show they are better than what the MFC thought.

Both will also look better in a better team when they are not expected to win games off their own boots.

Prepare for the pain on 28th April.

But that is the way of the new world.