The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

Yeah , a long proud history. Fascinating engraving really. The long goal posts without the behind posts, The stand with the colosseum look (super boxes ?), the scaffolding for the lights (is there a bloke up there?) and the old picket fence in the background. Obviously night footy didn't take on as we waited a while for the next installment!
Blacktown Rooted Hill 2012.

Just imagine, OUR GREAT CLUB had already been in existence for 21 years when that pic was taken. In fact, our club was established 33 years before the Federation of Australia. Not even old dee and me go back that far, but some times it feels like it!

Edit: spelling

Just home from a knee operation mate and at the moment I do feel that old.

No doubt I will bounce back.

Have a great Christmas lets hope 2012 is an improvement.

Go Dees

Go Dees

Get well quick old dee

Time to reacquaint yourself with a few Demons Youtube clips while you recuperate :)

Go Dees

Hopefully the knee comes good and you are out bouncing on the trampoline within a week, and if it takes a bit longer than that, you can always content yourself with jumping out of your skin at the Dees prospects for 2012. Seasons greetings to all Demonlanders. Our patience will soon be rewarded!

Listening to "Over You" by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap. Can't believe he disappeared for about 35 years. One of the best pop voices of all time.

and controversial... maybe that's why he disappeared?

The lyrics to "Young Girl" raised a bit of a ruckus if my memory serves - from Wikipedia:

"Controversial at the time and later for its risque lyrical references to underage romance. Allmusic labeled the groups lyrics "bizarrely pedophilic."

Wong's Chinese Cafe in Glenhuntly Road Elsternwick has been renovated!

Opened in 1959 it was the same until october...I had lunch in there today.

The Food is still the same....but it did feel a little weird sitting in the "New Room"!

The Food is still the same....but it did feel a little weird sitting in the "New Room"!

WYL - I go there sometimes too.

Occasionally, I lunch with some other avid Demon fans as well.

Perhaps we might catch up there some time.

WYL - I go there sometimes too.

Occasionally, I lunch with some other avid Demon fans as well.

Perhaps we might catch up there some time.

Excellent idea...Would love to meet Demonlanders at Wong's '59 being a Premiership year!!!

Excellent idea...Would love to meet Demonlanders at Wong's '59 being a Premiership year!!!

Do it on the Queens Birthday weekend and I would be happy to turn up... I used to live not too far away from there in Field Street (just off Alma Rd near the corner of Glenhuntly Rd).

Do it on the Queens Birthday weekend and I would be happy to turn up... I used to live not too far away from there in Field Street (just off Alma Rd near the corner of Glenhuntly Rd).

Could well be on holidays in Asia next June. Melbourne winter is just too cold!! I was thinking more over summer before the season starts...But i am sure we could work out some annual events at Wong's!

Wongs was a family favorite for many years, I can't fathom that it would ever change!

My mum always loved the banana fritters there, even though they did look a little turdlike.

Anyway, I want to wish all of you all the best for the festive season, it has been a tough year footy wise but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel at last!

I think I'll spend next week at the G with the swarmi army, I can't get enough of the place

Cheers to all

Wongs was a family favorite for many years, I can't fathom that it would ever change!

My mum always loved the banana fritters there, even though they did look a little turdlike.

Anyway, I want to wish all of you all the best for the festive season, it has been a tough year footy wise but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel at last!

I think I'll spend next week at the G with the swarmi army, I can't get enough of the place

Cheers to all

HaHaHa...The Menu is still the same, don't worry..and i am sure the Fritters are prepared in exactly the same way!!

The long soup with the flat noodles is a special.

If this keeps up I'm going to claim some advertising from Steven the proprietor.

I have some good stories about the place when I think it was his mother in later years who served and was sometimes a bit forgetful.

Steven (Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou) Top Guy...We would test Mrs. Wong on her Menu Memory when a group of us ABC persons would take over the Lazy Susan table quite often on a friday afternoon in the 80's...great days.

Steven is so polite and calm, I often wondered if he could have a dark side....maybe I have seen too much Dexter

Bahahahaha!! "Wong's After Hours....." what a TV Show...The Kam Yin Chinese in Elwood closed last year, that was dodgy...Never a customer, but always open....

The lyrics to "Young Girl" raised a bit of a ruckus if my memory serves - from Wikipedia:

"Controversial at the time and later for its risque lyrical references to underage romance. Allmusic labeled the groups lyrics "bizarrely pedophilic."

Ah yes, forgot about that. Of course he didn't write the song , their producer Jim Fuller did.

We could all meet there before the first NAB cup game.