The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

57 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

That was the hardest. It required a lot of spin. 

Nb.This post is only in reference to yo yo  related tricks.

and i remember, back in the ... err never mind ... the girls ("birds") would prise off the clear plastic sides and insert photos of their favourite hearthrob (elvis, tommy steele etc). coca cola really cleaned up in those days

Edited by daisycutter
spelink
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, old dee said:

I haven't been on for a few days. It seems Demonland has suffered a bout of censorship. Are we now so sensitive that we cannot take bad news?

Can’t see any explanation for it either.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Now you've got me reminiscing about Larry O Dea from C9 s World championship wrestling.

Could have been Ron Miller. Not sure. 

It seemed so real.

Has there ever been a better looking man than Skull Murphy?

• Haha 1

Just now, daisycutter said:

and i just remembered - the 3 leaf clover

they used to hold competitions and some people were just unbelievable

It was one of those fads that lasted a while. I remember you could buy the cheaper Fanta yo yos. If memory serves, the coke clear ones were a dollar twenty. Probably collector items now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

Has there ever been a better looking man than Skull Murphy?

Ha.

He was before my time though.

Uglies included killer Karl and Butcher Branigan.

I loved Andre the Giant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

It was one of those fads that lasted a while. I remember you could buy the cheaper Fanta yo yos. If memory serves, the coke clear ones were a dollar twenty. Probably collector items now.

werent no dollars then, deever.  so, that would be 12 shillings, though that seems too dear.  get a bag of genuine strings for sixpence too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Can we talk about coke yo yos soon?

My Fav was the Fanta.

Harder to find than the coke ones now and even rarer to find one in VG to 'near mint' condition.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Can we talk about coke yo yos soon?

No.  Still traumatised.  Was only a small kid and I reckon the string was longer than me. 2nd go the yoyo hit the ground and broke in 2.  The rest is history.  Explains everything really.

• Haha 7

8 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

My Fav was the Fanta.

Harder to find than the coke ones now and even rarer to find one in VG to 'near mint' condition.

I found they didn't spin as well.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jontee said:

No.  Still traumatised.  Was only a small kid and I reckon the string was longer than me. 2nd go the yoyo hit the ground and broke in 2.  The rest is history.  Explains everything really.

My mate knocked out two of his sister's teeth attempting around the world. Or at least his version of it.

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, daisycutter said:

werent no dollars then, deever.  so, that would be 12 shillings, though that seems too dear.  get a bag of genuine strings for sixpence too.

They were around in the 70 s when I discovered them. What I just learnt is that they had been around way before. Tx.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

They were around in the 70 s when I discovered them. What I just learnt is that they had been around way before. Tx.

Yes that was true LD.  Loved the look of them but i used the coke version mostly as they spun better and better balanced.  Possibly a tad wider and smaller diameter?

The strings often had to be reset on all of these to get them up to speed with 'trick' attempts.

I could do the three main tricks (and still can) but have never heard of DC's three leaf clover.

The key was all in the wrist snap.

As a young fella (about 10)  i was deternined to learn the 'how' and at least master the three basics.

One week i practiced so hard my bro, who slept in the same room as me at the time, said just after i'd fallen asleep my right arm was hanging out the bed and motioning up and down as if i was still throwing the yo yo in my hand.

On a trip to Hawaii in '74' we went to Waikaki's then famous International Market Place and they had light up yo yos!  Couldn't believe it.  Bought a few back with us.  Extra heavy with the batteries but looked amazing at night.  Especially doing the cradle!

One of the cheapest but most fun toys as a kid for mine.

I moved on to nanchakus a few years later.  Lots of fun also apart from a couple of hits to the funny bone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 2

2 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

I found they didn't spin as well.

Yes that was true LD.  Loved the look of them but i used the coke version mostly as they spun better and better balanced.  Possibly a tad wider and smaller diameter?

The strings often had to be reset on all of these to get them up to speed with 'trick' attempts.

I could do the three main tricks (and still can) but have never heard of DC's three leaf clover.

The key was all in the wrist snap.

As a young fella (about 10)  i was deternined to learn the 'how' and at least master the three basics.

One week i practiced so hard my bro, who slept in the same room as me at the time, said just after i'd fallen asleep my right arm was hanging out the bed and motioning up and down as if i was still throwing the yo yo in my hand.

On a trip to Hawaii in '74' we went to Waikiki's then famous International Market Place and they had light up yo yos!  Couldn't believe it.  Bought a few back with us.  Extra heavy with the batteries but looked amazing at night.  Especially doing the cradle!

One of the cheapest but most fun toys as a kid for mine.

I moved on to nanchakus a few years later.  Lots of fun also apart from a couple of hits to the funny bone!

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Demon Dynasty said:

a trip to Hawaii in '74' we went to Waikaki's then famous International Market Place and they had light up yo yos!  Couldn't believe it.  Bought a few back with us.  Extra heavy with the batteries but looked amazing at night.  Especially doing the cradle!

Gee your family were doing well in the 70s with a trip to Hawaii.

I thought Lakes Entrance was pretty Cosmopolitan back then and as far as we ever ventured barring our all out campervan holiday in Merrimbula. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Gee your family were doing well in the 70s with a trip to Hawaii.

I thought Lakes Entrance was pretty Cosmopolitan back then and as far as we ever ventured barring our all out campervan holiday in Merrimbula

Sure beats Mordialloc or Dromana

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 1