'Scully talks'

Samsara

Healy, Jolly, Farmer, Thompson. Not a lot, but four very good players.

I agree with your post but Jolly was'nt one of our better players.... which is why he left. He would have been our #1 ruck eventually but didnt want to hang around until Jeff White was past it!

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Scully will wear number 31 for the MFC next year 2012.

I cannot believe that Tom would lie to Jim Stynes face.

I think even Jim doesnt know if he's been told the truth! Hasnt Jim come out and said these new concessions for GWS/GC is forcing players to lie etc?

Makes no sense. We don't always keep our best players. Is it supposed to be like that book the Secret - if you wish it, it will come true?

Did you actually mean "we haven't always kept our best players in the past, and we are currently well behind most other clubs in what we can offer players, but based on no facts whatsoever, I'm sure that in the future this will change and we will always keep our best players, because everyone will love us, again for no logical reason, except Melbourne is the team that I support". If so, just write that.

I would write that but I don't suffer from MFCSS.

And it wouldn't fit on a bumper sticker...

I think even Jim doesnt know if he's been told the truth! Hasnt Jim come out and said these new concessions for GWS/GC is forcing players to lie etc?

Yes, but i am saying that i cannot believe Tom Scully would lie to Jim's Face. I don't think Tom has signed anything yet.

Sometimes for too long ;) !!!

ya snuck that in under the radar !! ;)

Yes, but i am saying that i cannot believe Tom Scully would lie to Jim's Face. I don't think Tom has signed anything yet.

This has been gone over ad infinitum....he doesnt had to have lied to date . Doesn tmean his intention is to stay with Melbourne.

We wont know ..til we know.

I dont hink Stynes particularly likes this game of cat and mouse though.

Guest Thomo

I would write that but I don't suffer from MFCSS.

And it wouldn't fit on a bumper sticker...

You claim that Melbourne alwaays keep their best players. Fact is they don't. Will that fit on a sticker?

How about "When someone proves me wrong, I come out with the stupid MFCSS crap that the cool group on Demonland use when someone doesn't agree whith them". Might need a fairly big car.

And clearly he's not alone.......

This has been gone over ad infinitum....he doesnt had to have lied to date . Doesn tmean his intention is to stay with Melbourne.

We wont know ..til we know.

Who does, apart from the Fat Controller....If someone even wishes to lie about something down the track, it can be quite simple to work out, if you know the signs to watch.

Edited by why you little

Healy, Jolly, Farmer, Thompson. Not a lot, but four very good players.

I'll give you one out of four.

Farmer and Thompson were specifically "go home" players - not money - as opposed to Scully - if he was contemplating leaving he would be a "leave home - for money"

Jolly - was not considered a good enough player to keep so we traded him - how he has turned out now is beside the point

Healy - was absolutely a move away from home for money player.

Besides Healy, we actually havent lost a big name player to a rival - dont know if that says something about our retention rate or that we didnt have any good players !

Edited by nutbean

You claim that Melbourne alwaays keep their best players. Fact is they don't. Will that fit on a sticker?

How about "When someone proves me wrong, I come out with the stupid MFCSS crap that the cool group on Demonland use when someone doesn't agree whith them". Might need a fairly big car.

rpfc = MFCPOO(Melbourme Football Club Promoter Of Ostrichism)

rpfc = MFCPOO(Melbourme Football Club Promoter Of Ostrichism)

Ossie Ossie Ossie...oi oi oii lol

bam.gif

Not Enough...This is a shamefull position the AFL have deliberately made. They want Interstate Clubs to succeed...Victorian Premierships are seen as a hiccup in the grand scheme.

Except for collingwood one's, yes? :)

Guest Thomo

I'll give you one out of four.

Farmer and Thompson were specifically "go home" players - not money - as opposed to Scully - if he was contemplating leaving he would be a "leave home - for money"

Jolly - was not considered a good enough player to keep so we traded him - how he has turned out now is beside the point

Healy - was absolutely a move away from home for money player.

Besides Healy, we actually havent lost a big name player to a rival - dont know if that says something about our retention rate or that we didnt have any good players !

Agree with everthing you have said. However the original quote was that Melbourne keeps their best players. You are right with Jolly, not best at the time, and the reasons for the other two were hard to control. But still lost three very good players.

Guest Artie Bucco

I have no idea if the Scully/Richmond thing would or could work. And I'm not a conspiracy theorist. However it was explained to me by a friend who works at triple M, that Collingwood had a plan to go after him if any of swan/Pendlebury/Thomas were intent on leaving. I believe all have now signed, so this theory is now mute. But could it have worked?? It made some sense so I'll pass it on and let you all shoot it down in a blaze of blind fury. It was explained to me using Swan as the example, so I'll go with that.

Collingwood know that swan has degenerative knee problem, so they trade him to GWS for a first round draft pick and hold MFC to ransom by saying "take this pick for Scully or he will walk for nothing". At that point if MFC refused to trade, Scully (through his greedy management) would nominate for the draft and put a price that only collingwood were prepared to pay. Sound familiar?? Correct. Same situation as they used to land Luke ball. Luke Ball says $550,000 per year, then after one year says "I think I'll take a pay cut to help everyone squeeze into the salary cap", and Collingwood get their man.

Again, this is just a theory from someone who said this was a plan 'the filth' were hatching if any of their big stars wanted out.

Quite a few holes in this theory.

Scully would have to want to go to Collingwood, for a start. Why would he go there, instead of stay at MFC?

GWS could pay him more than Collingwood, if it were for money.

In fact, we'd probably be able to pay him more than Collingwood, since we're bound by the same salary cap, but with less stars to pay.

Scully would then be exposed in the draft until the later stages when Collingwood could take him, unless they traded up.

Theoretically, they could use the pick they bad traded for... But it depends on what pick GWS gave them.

Why would GWS trade with Collingwood and lose a pick?

Why not just sign Swan as an uncontracted player for free?

Collingwood would get a priority pick in return which likely wouldn't be as high as what GWS would give for him in a trade.

And if it were decided to take the draft route with Scully, if he's that good a player, what is to stop GWS from then renegging on the deal and drafting Scully with one of their picks higher than Collingwood?

There's no way Scully could put a price on his head that was out of their range.

And other clubs could easily beat the pies to the punch in the draft too.

The deal with Ball sliding so far wasn't his pricetag or the fact everyone knew he wanted to be at Collingwood - the fact was he was a relatively old plodder, with average kicking skills and an injury-ravaged body, in a draft with lots of quality.

He plays his role very well in a good Collingwood team, but if he was at the dees we'd be talking about him as a bust whose weaknesses were too easily exposed.

Your mate at triple M is either having you on, or someone there is spreading rumours to give this tired story some fresh legs.

Scully will stay a Demon. He will never play for GWS, Richmond or any other club for that matter. our club would be negligent to let him go and won't.

Scully should be the sub on Friday night

its highly likely Scully wil be having 2 games with Casey to ease him back.

QB is the tip

our club would be negligent to let him go and won't.

After all the discussion on this. The club may not have a choice if Scully has already signed with GWS. And if the $$$$ stated are right then how can MFC match the offer? I have no doubt MFC are doing all in its power to secure Scully and I hope they do. But your claim of "negligence" is naive of the situation that MFC/Scully is in.

I don't understand why people think that Scully would not want to stay at Melbourne? Apart for chasing some extra money from GWS there is no other reason to leave.

Melbourne is a great club with a great history, great facilities, a great president, great supporters, a great home ground and a great list.

Why would he be searching for complex reasons to get to Collingwood or Richmond?