HOLD YOUR HEAD UP JACK WATTS

hopelessdeesfan

I have to say my red and blue is broken today,after watching the debacle that was last nights game I have to say I thought Jack Watts was fantastic last night.This kid never stopped trying,most of the other players could learn from watching the kids attitude.I surprised myself by thinking this as I haven't been Jacks biggest fan,always hopeful but I found myself cheering him on last night as he was one of the few that kept trying,running,tackling,marking etc.I thought he showed some great courage,in the end all we as supporters want is for every player to have a red hot crack and never give up no matter how hopeless it seems and I think Jack did that last night.There were a few other players that tried as well,Jamar,Bartram,garland and Jones all had some good spots in the game and all tried very hard but with little support.On Bailey,there has been far to many excuses made for this man and his time must surely be up,he hasn't had a game plan since he walked in the door,I am sick of hearing about the cattle he didn't have in his first 2 seasons,well now he has them and we are no better.He got rid of Junior,worst mistake made by the footy club what an asset he would be now.I also question the recruiters at the club,I think Jack will be OK but we could have had Jack Darling in the forward line last night instead of waiting for a player to be ready in 2 or 3 years.I have been of the opinion that there are a few people at the club that are hopeing that this rebuild takes forever (it could going on the players we have selected in drafts when there were players that could perform at AFL level straight away)so as their jobs will be safe while player develop.Ok I have ranted for long enough,that felt good.Shoot me down if you like but these are my views at the moment.If someone who knows Jack Watts is reading this thread please let him know that he should hold his head up after last night,I saw some great improvement keep it up mate.Bailey must go ASAP

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah (finally) showed some courage going back with the flight (and getting crunched) a couple of times. Shame he didn't take a couple more marks inside 50 and kick a few more goals but then he (and the other forwards) hardly had a chance.

I wonder if he feels less pressure away from thousands of melbourne fans at the 'G scrutinising his every move?

Edited by Ascobar

I have to say my red and blue is broken today,after watching the debacle that was last nights game I have to say I thought Jack Watts was fantastic last night.This kid never stopped trying,most of the other players could learn from watching the kids attitude.I surprised myself by thinking this as I haven't been Jacks biggest fan,always hopeful but I found myself cheering him on last night as he was one of the few that kept trying,running,tackling,marking etc.I thought he showed some great courage,in the end all we as supporters want is for every player to have a red hot crack and never give up no matter how hopeless it seems and I think Jack did that last night.There were a few other players that tried as well,Jamar,Bartram,garland and Jones all had some good spots in the game and all tried very hard but with little support.On Bailey,there has been far to many excuses made for this man and his time must surely be up,he hasn't had a game plan since he walked in the door,I am sick of hearing about the cattle he didn't have in his first 2 seasons,well now he has them and we are no better.He got rid of Junior,worst mistake made by the footy club what an asset he would be now.I also question the recruiters at the club,I think Jack will be OK but we could have had Jack Darling in the forward line last night instead of waiting for a player to be ready in 2 or 3 years.I have been of the opinion that there are a few people at the club that are hopeing that this rebuild takes forever (it could going on the players we have selected in drafts when there were players that could perform at AFL level straight away)so as their jobs will be safe while player develop.Ok I have ranted for long enough,that felt good.Shoot me down if you like but these are my views at the moment.If someone who knows Jack Watts is reading this thread please let him know that he should hold his head up after last night,I saw some great improvement keep it up mate.Bailey must go ASAP

Whilst I do agree, I think that "fantastic" is a little OTT. Good, decent, best of a bad bunch are more on the head. That said, the level of improvement from where he has been at is fantastic to see.

Oop,sorry

Forgot to mention Jack Trengove,you are right.This Jack will be a star which he didn't have to wait long for.Isn't it ironic that we selected Tom Scully over any other interstate kids because they we worried they might want to return home.I have a very sick feeling that Scully will go to GWS which is why he isn't playing and we might lose him anyway.

Watts was encouraging last night no doubt about it.

Last night was the first time I've had a look at NikNat in a while, and frankly I just don't reckon he's that good. Sure, he's "exciting", but he can barely do the basics right. He's lucky he didn't go pick 1 or the blowtorch would be well and truly on him by now. No wonder the media has turned to "Watts vs Hurley".

Thought he flew the flag a bit to when others were being roughed up / stood over. He looked angry which i havent seen before. Jack plus angry pills = Good. Would like to see him in the leadership group sooner rather than later. Rememeber Carey was thrown the captaincy early and grew into it. I think our young brigade would rally behind him. The older blokes might not like it but after last night i dont care.

Agree, both our Jacks never stopped trying.. Trengove & Watts can hold their heads up high.

Jack Grimes doesn't do too badly either ?? It's what most of our players are not doing at the moment that is the most "notable" "Jack" of all...... Jack S..t !!!

I thought Watts was good. But Trengove's first quarter was absolutley terrible. Turnovers, Hospital handballs and wrong decisions galore. He certainly won't be looking at the game and holding his head up high.

He did work hard though.

If they all worked as hard as the Jack's we have maybe last night would never have happened.I love jack Grimes but our whole back line is under far to much pressure thanks to Dean Bailey outdated game plan and that caused a lot mistakes and turnovers from the whole backline.I am over blaming the players I believe the blame lays sqaurely with the coach.Enough is enough

Watts played really well, Judy Garland never stopped trying.

Chip is still not right after his pre season injury

Jack Trengove was good. Chunk Jones was trying to be creative, Bull Tapscott wasn't frightened by it all.

And Mark Jamar was great. That's it

I thought Watts was good. But Trengove's first quarter was absolutley terrible. Turnovers, Hospital handballs and wrong decisions galore. He certainly won't be looking at the game and holding his head up high.

He did work hard though.

Those turnovers were happening when players are not running and creating chances up the ground.

It wasn't great, but at least Trengove was having a crack.

Oop,sorry

Forgot to mention Jack Trengove,you are right.This Jack will be a star which he didn't have to wait long for.Isn't it ironic that we selected Tom Scully over any other interstate kids because they we worried they might want to return home.I have a very sick feeling that Scully will go to GWS which is why he isn't playing and we might lose him anyway.

ironic isnt it.. If he goes, there is nothing that we can do. I am sure the club is throwing everything they have to keep him.

The thing that has been holding him back has been his head position and focus on the footy. He rectified that last night, if he continues to watch the footy ahe will become a very good footballer.

Massively over rating his game. Yes he was 'OK', did a few nice things. Made better decisions but he wasn't in our top 5 players on the ground. Guy like Tapscott showed so much more and put his body on the line a number of times.

Jones was by far our best and tried more than anyone out there and yet he still get put down far to much.

One thing I will also say though once our midfield gets going and we get the ball in the forward line Watts will find it much easier!

Guest Thomo

Thought he flew the flag a bit to when others were being roughed up / stood over. He looked angry which i havent seen before. Jack plus angry pills = Good. Would like to see him in the leadership group sooner rather than later. Rememeber Carey was thrown the captaincy early and grew into it. I think our young brigade would rally behind him. The older blokes might not like it but after last night i dont care.

I wouldn't have agreed with you a couple of days ago, but I noticed when the players were walking off at half time almost all of them had their heads down. Only one bloke was trying to rev the team up - and it wasn't Green or Davey - Jack Watts.

Massively over rating his game. Yes he was 'OK', did a few nice things. Made better decisions but he wasn't in our top 5 players on the ground. Guy like Tapscott showed so much more and put his body on the line a number of times.

Jones was by far our best and tried more than anyone out there and yet he still get put down far to much.

Watts was OK, yes.

Jones was definitely not our best "by far". Between his useless handballs and stubbornness trying to break tackles, I can't believe people here missed the bit where it was his turn to go at the opposition and he chickened out. Squibbed it. Shrunk.

Like Moloney and Sylvia, when the going gets tough, Jones doesn't go.

One thing I will also say though once our midfield gets going and we get the ball in the forward line Watts will find it much easier!

You are under rating Jack Watts Massively. With the delivery into our forward half, being so bad, Jack did a dam good Job.

If he had been wearing a Wet Coke Jumper he would have kicked 9 last night.

Jack did what he could, which is way more than a lot of our "experienced" players. Definately top 5 on our list.

Watts put his body on the line a number of times last night.

Edited by why you little

Tappy was good. Thats what you get with mature body players. Looks a proud guy that would run through walls for his mates.

Watts was encouraging last night no doubt about it.

Last night was the first time I've had a look at NikNat in a while, and frankly I just don't reckon he's that good. Sure, he's "exciting", but he can barely do the basics right. He's lucky he didn't go pick 1 or the blowtorch would be well and truly on him by now. No wonder the media has turned to "Watts vs Hurley".

Watts was good and clearly has taken "the advice" on board.

Nic Nak has no skills just a run and kick if he is in the right position. He may develop but I doubt he will be anywhere as good as Watts in the long run.