Dees v Suns

Mousey

Looking forward to the one game i get to see being an interstate member here in Brisbane!

Whos going?

Just wondering what is happening at the Pineapple after the game? I saw on demonology that the players and officials may not be coming this year because they will head home after the game?

Anyone know anything about this?

If true I find it pretty poor form seeing they have 11 days or so off before they have to play their next game? But if they gotta go, they gotta go I suppose!

Looking forward to it!

hg4516 is going too. he reckons buy them at the gate - and he should be right. its not like it will be a sellout? General Admin is $20 so should be right....

i always feel better booking tickets though, even just booking GA ticekts online. i have nightmares about showing up and not being able to get one and being stuck outside. nooooooooooo

Ok, time for me to step in and make the "official" announcement re after match this Sunday.

I have put a formal letter to the board to voice my complaint regarding the function or lack thereof due to no player attendance. The main issue is lack of communication.

It appears that last year we had a few people overdoing the drinking and causing a bit of a nuisance to the players and jostling them etc.. and one woman ( and I stress not moi) apparently indecently groping a player. This player was not a young inexperienced one but all the same he was quite taken aback and voiced his concerns to the club. They took it on themselves to decide that no players would attend however didnt do me the courtesy of letting me know so we could take steps to secure the players safety.

I hope this will be rectified for next year but as such there will be no official function however everyone is welcome upstairs at the Pineapple for a post match "celebratory" drink. NO charge -just rock up!

Players will be available to sign stuff and pose for pics etc on Saturday after training. An email from the club was due out today however yet to receive it.

As for tix, not sure we will be part of a massive crowd but I am still booking my tix this week and not leaving it till Sunday.

See you all there.

Ok, time for me to step in and make the "official" announcement re after match this Sunday.

I have put a formal letter to the board to voice my complaint regarding the function or lack thereof due to no player attendance. The main issue is lack of communication.

It appears that last year we had a few people overdoing the drinking and causing a bit of a nuisance to the players and jostling them etc.. and one woman ( and I stress not moi) apparently indecently groping a player. This player was not a young inexperienced one but all the same he was quite taken aback and voiced his concerns to the club. They took it on themselves to decide that no players would attend however didnt do me the courtesy of letting me know so we could take steps to secure the players safety.

I hope this will be rectified for next year but as such there will be no official function however everyone is welcome upstairs at the Pineapple for a post match "celebratory" drink. NO charge -just rock up!

Players will be available to sign stuff and pose for pics etc on Saturday after training. An email from the club was due out today however yet to receive it.

As for tix, not sure we will be part of a massive crowd but I am still booking my tix this week and not leaving it till Sunday.

See you all there.

That's very disappointing to hear, I would've thought the players more than anyone would understand it's harsh to punish a larger group because of a few idiots. Particularly when that larger group is deprived of opportunities to see the boys up close and chat to them.

That's very disappointing to hear, I would've thought the players more than anyone would understand it's harsh to punish a larger group because of a few idiots. Particularly when that larger group is deprived of opportunities to see the boys up close and chat to them.

If anyone wishes to complain or voice their disappointment to the club, please feel free. The more they hear it, perhaps we can work it out for next year.

BTW Training is at the Gabba and the club should have details on times in the email they are sending. From what I was told last week it will be around 3.30pm that they finish.. only a short half hour session of training. For those in Brissie thats not too bad but I dont know I will be going as I have to come up from the GC and petrol is just too dear. I can see them on the field the next day.

Just found this site, lifelong Dees member now living in Brisbane and I'm keen to meet up before or after the game with any other Dees

The German Club right across the Rd from the GABBA was good during the Ashes and the first match and I've been told the Pineapple is a good AFl pub. So if people want to meet up lets make a time before hand say 1ish at either one. Also I have already got my tickets and I will be sitting in Bay 30, with a new member, my wife wearing her new flashing horns!!!

Just found this site, lifelong Dees member now living in Brisbane and I'm keen to meet up before or after the game with any other Dees

The German Club right across the Rd from the GABBA was good during the Ashes and the first match and I've been told the Pineapple is a good AFl pub. So if people want to meet up lets make a time before hand say 1ish at either one. Also I have already got my tickets and I will be sitting in Bay 30, with a new member, my wife wearing her new flashing horns!!!

Welcome to D'land!

I need to stop watching Family Guy, all I read then was your wife will be flashing and you'll be wearing a horn. Oh god (said in Quagmire style).

Hope to make it before the game. I think Pineapple Hotel will be a better venue - most people know where it is. If someone organises a time I will hopefully get there.

Not having an after-match function is very poor form from the club.

I will be going up to the game. Personally it's not a huge concern for me if the players don't show up as we can see them every week on the field in Melbourne. But for the QLD members who do their bit for the club, it's a shame that they won't be able to see them given they only get one chance a year.

For anyone that was at the Pineapple Hotel after-match function last year, I'm sure they will agree that the atmosphere was amazing. There was a huge crowd of Melbourne fans, we had just won interstate for the first time in four years and there was a lot of noise and some great renditions of It's a Grand Old Flag. That's what going interstate is all about.

An interstate trip is costly and you spend time and effort in planning it and getting there. To then see a thrashing is extremely disappointing, but we supporters know that such results are possible and make the effort to get to the game anyway. It's unequivocal support.

I think to not reward the supporters who have travelled for the game and the interstate members is pretty ordinary. I've been to a number of interstate post-match functions and haven't seen any problems before, so for a one-off incident to result in a cancellation of the post-match function (if that's the case) is not right in my opinion.

Even if the players can't make it, it's always nice to hear from coaching staff / footy department after the game and I can't see why something like that can't be organised for this game. Even something as simple as a 10 minute game wrap up from an assistant coach can still generate a feeling of togetherness and promote the 'one club' notion that we hear about.

Looking forward to the one game i get to see being an interstate member here in Brisbane!

Whos going?

Just wondering what is happening at the Pineapple after the game? I saw on demonology that the players and officials may not be coming this year because they will head home after the game? Anyone know anything about this?

If true i find it pretty poor form seeing they have 11 days or so off before they have to play their next game? But if they gotta go, they gotta go i suppose!

Looking forward to it!

I'll be there again Mouse. Will see you, the bride and your brothers there for sure!

Not having an after-match function is very poor form from the club.

I will be going up to the game. Personally it's not a huge concern for me if the players don't show up as we can see them every week on the field in Melbourne. But for the QLD members who do their bit for the club, it's a shame that they won't be able to see them given they only get one chance a year.

For anyone that was at the Pineapple Hotel after-match function last year, I'm sure they will agree that the atmosphere was amazing. There was a huge crowd of Melbourne fans, we had just won interstate for the first time in four years and there was a lot of noise and some great renditions of It's a Grand Old Flag. That's what going interstate is all about.

An interstate trip is costly and you spend time and effort in planning it and getting there. To then see a thrashing is extremely disappointing, but we supporters know that such results are possible and make the effort to get to the game anyway. It's unequivocal support.

I think to not reward the supporters who have travelled for the game and the interstate members is pretty ordinary. I've been to a number of interstate post-match functions and haven't seen any problems before, so for a one-off incident to result in a cancellation of the post-match function (if that's the case) is not right in my opinion.

Even if the players can't make it, it's always nice to hear from coaching staff / footy department after the game and I can't see why something like that can't be organised for this game. Even something as simple as a 10 minute game wrap up from an assistant coach can still generate a feeling of togetherness and promote the 'one club' notion that we hear about.

You make a very good point when you say it doesn't bother you because you see them every week. Although the rest of your post also makes a great amount of sense. It's typical of the club (unfortunately), that they seem to dismiss interstate members. It has happened for years, and even when players do show up to functions here, they are only around for 10-20 minutes. I'm not sure if that's the same everywhere else, but for members like myself who don't get to see them live every week anymore - it was such a great experience to meet players and other Dees supporters after the game.

Scoop, you were also spot on in saying it was such a great function last year, and it had a vibe I hadn't seen amongst Melbourne supporters up here for a very long time. Disappointing it won't be happening again, but hey - I should be grateful that I get to see them live again. Here's hoping they have a function in Darwin for when I head up there later in the year.

I emailed the Qld Demons site and they confirmed no after-match function, poor form by the club to cancel the function over one/maybe 2 incidents. Thus penalising the rest us that only get 1 live game a year, due to a couple of fans having to many Beamers under their belts, they said if we voice concerns to the club we can get it back for next year

So it sounds like the Pineapple is the place to be with or without the function, do many QLD demon supporters go there to watch all the home and away games during the year? Also has anyone else got an Air Jurrah t-shirt might have to break it out this weekend!